Options

Films known to be bad you actually think are good

2»

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Someone mentioned The Postman.  For the record I love End of Days movies like that and Waterworld.

I loved them both.  Not ever sure why all the hate for these.  They were both funny and well written.

Were they too long for people?

I like these wayyyyyy better than the current Walking Dead series because civilization comes back where as in WD they just continue to fuck things up...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "You are a choir boy compared to me! A choir boy!!!"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Someone mentioned The Postman.  For the record I love End of Days movies like that and Waterworld.

I loved them both.  Not ever sure why all the hate for these.  They were both funny and well written.

I like these wayyyyyy better than the current Walking Dead series because civilization comes back where as in WD they just continue to fuck things up...
    Postman, while decent.... it was drawn out in a time period where movie length was getting absurd.  Also a bit of Costner fatigue.

Waterworld qualifies for this well.  However, I really do like that movie.  I think it also suffered from hype and a notorious budget, and as a result, many people were overly critical and wanted it to fail.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    MayDay10 said:

Postman, while decent.... it was drawn out in a time period where movie length was getting absurd.  Also a bit of Costner fatigue.

Waterworld qualifies for this well.  However, I really do like that movie.  I think it also suffered from hype and a notorious budget, and as a result, many people were overly critical and wanted it to fail.
    In Watreworld when the flare gets dropped down into the oil tank and the old man is down there and says "Oh thank God". makes me crack up every time!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    Hmm...Rewatching The Postman wouldn't be a bad idea.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    tbergs said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Men At Work is/was Awesome. 
    I recently watched it for the first time in like 25 years because it was on Amazon Prime and didn't find it near as funny. I remember really liking it when I was younger, but I wanted to shut it off halfway through. Just gets dull.
    thats disappointing to hear.  Ill be sure to not go out of my way to watch it and ruin it