Options

Do you venture off The Porch often?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
I'm curious as to how many folks who check in here on The Porch also read and/ or post on other PJ Community forums as well.  Seems like I see a lot of folks here that I don't see elsewhere, but I could be wrong.  Let's see.  (This poll is anonymous, so don't be bashful.)
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Do you venture off The Porch often? 61 votes

No, I only read and post on The Porch
8% 5 votes
I mostly read/ post on The Porch and occasionally check out other forums sections.
37% 23 votes
I pretty much move around on several forum sections.
36% 22 votes
I mostly post on sections other than the Porch but check in here occasionally.
18% 11 votes
I never read/ or post on The Porch (liar, liar, haha, you read this! LOL )
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    The rest of the forum is dark and full of terrors.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    A few steps off....

Is an interesting question, though.  Are there people here who only post on The Porch?
    I thought you had LD, AMT, and AET factions but was unaware of a Porch base.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    I do see some people in the amt that never really post on the porch. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    Given to Fly while shows are happening, the occasional Lost Dogs if I’m selling it looking to buy something. But usually 95% on the Porch
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Leave the Porch?

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    I wish Other Music was more active.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    99% on the Porch
    .5% on the Lost Dogs
    .5% on Given To Fly
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    demetrios said:
    99% on the Porch
    .5% on the Lost Dogs
    .5% on Given To Fly
    How much time is spent updating the Do The Evolution book thread?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539

I would say 70% Porch, 10% lost dogs, 10% All Encompassing Trip, and 10% AMT.  It has changed a lot over the years. Some years Lost Dogs heavy, and earlier on a lot more AMT.   The golf thread keeps me coming back to AET. 

But, this is only the electronic porch.  As I've mentioned in other threads, I've not left the porch physically since Pearl Jam's last show.  No reason to leave the house anymore. 

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    demetrios said:
    99% on the Porch
    .5% on the Lost Dogs
    .5% on Given To Fly
    How much time is spent updating the Do The Evolution book thread?
    I would say .1% of the 99% on the Porch.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    I wish Other Music was more active.
    That on is fun.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    Everywhere on this site is getting real dark. And i find a lot of it just trolling  and people  with pent up issues that  snipe around at eachother.  Its becoming unpleasant for me at the moment. Lost dogs is nice. Good deeds done there
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Facebook is where it’s at. The participating community in here is rather small, repetitive and boring at times. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    A few steps off....

Is an interesting question, though.  Are there people here who only post on The Porch?
    I thought you had LD, AMT, and AET factions but was unaware of a Porch base.
    Only one so far.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Everywhere on this site is getting real dark. And i find a lot of it just trolling  and people  with pent up issues that  snipe around at eachother.  Its becoming unpleasant for me at the moment. Lost dogs is nice. Good deeds done there
    We would do well to make it friendlier.  I try to be more friendly even in my disagreeing. 

You're one of the good ones, Rob!

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Im here more when it is tour-time.  When it is down-time, I will post elsewhere
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Im here more when it is tour-time.  When it is down-time, I will post elsewhere
    Makes sense, but with diminishing returns as time goes on (fewer tours).

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Porch.  Lost Dogs.  99%

moving train is scary.  Scary scary scary

all encompassing trip is good for NBA talk
  • Options
    Porch.  Lost Dogs.  99%

moving train is scary.  Scary scary scary

all encompassing trip is good for NBA talk
    Know whats even scarier?  

This...

:lol:

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited July 2019
    I used to be pretty much Porch-only with the exception of maybe the Phillies thread in All Encompassing Trip. But now with not much Pearl Jam-related stuff to talk about, I've ventured over to A Moving Train. It's a cesspool over there...but you'll have that sometimes. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I used to be pretty much Porch-only with the exception of maybe the Phillies thread in All Encompassing Trip. But now with not much Pearl Jam-related stuff to talk about, I've ventured over to A Moving Train. It's a cesspool over there...but you'll have that sometimes. 
    AMT does have its problems but I think it gets a bad rap due to the few who bicker a lot.  There is actually a lot of good, quieter discussion happening there, and this is important during tumultuous times like these-- way better than keeping our heads in the sand.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    AMT does have its problems but I think it gets a bad rap due to the few who bicker a lot.  There is actually a lot of good, quieter discussion happening there, and this is important during tumultuous times like these-- way better than keeping our heads in the sand.
    Eh it's not even so much the bickering for me. I understand that comes with political discussion. I just think there's not very much open-mindedness over there.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:
    Eh it's not even so much the bickering for me. I understand that comes with political discussion. I just think there's not very much open-mindedness over there.
    That's pretty much true everywhere, I think for a couple of reasons:

- Too many use social media as a source of "news" instead a actually researching an issue.
    -  The need to feel like one is on a "team".
    -  Vain attempts to sway other's opinions by "yelling" at them.

Those aren't my normal M.O.s but at one time or another I've done them all so I'm not saying I'm better than  anyone else.  We can all do better.  AMT could be great, and when it is, it is!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

- Too many use social media as a source of "news" instead a actually researching an issue.

Those aren't my normal M.O.s but at one time or another I've done them all so I'm not saying I'm better than  anyone else.  We can all do better.  AMT could be great, and when it is, it is!
    Yep. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Yep. 
    And that's just dumb.  We do better when we think for ourselves.

So here's how I think AMT could be better:
    1.  More time outs for bullshit and rudeness...
    2.  Would lead to more civility...
    3.  Would lead to more people willing to join in...
    4.  Would lead to  more interesting and diverse discussions.

Also, it would be cool to see more action on the "Other Music" forum.  There is SO MUCH to talk about there!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    AMT:
    I’m right!  No I'm right!  No I’M right you _____! (Suspended) 

*someone then posts a ten paragraph biased article that nobody reads*.
    See i’m right.  

Goes off topic into something like buffalo wings in this part of the country (usually the highlight of the thread).  

All in good fun
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Mmmm buffalo wings. Love them with some buttermilk ranch. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Mmmm buffalo wings. Love them with some buttermilk ranch. 
    See?  Food is always the highlight my friend
  • Options
    AMT:
    I’m right!  No I'm right!  No I’M right you _____! (Suspended) 

*someone then posts a ten paragraph biased article that nobody reads*.
    See i’m right.  

Goes off topic into something like buffalo wings in this part of the country (usually the highlight of the thread).  
    Instead of making strictly negative and snide accusations and generalizations about AMT and those who post there, why don't you join us and help make it a better place to talk about current affairs?  Or are you simply afraid that your style of participation will simply add to the bullshit?  Jesus, man.