psst...7/18/19

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Got one. Thanks Santos!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    I don’t understand buying posters for shows you didn’t go to 
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    Gone
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    KM73780 said:
    Art..
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,488
    KM73780 said:
    Art..
    or flip....
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    or flip....
    i heard for in demand posters ie rome(emek) bot from 10c, that are "not for resale" , people buy it. then they trade it for a poster of equal market value and then flip the poster they got in a straight up trade. big money made
    seems like easy money and nothing 10c can do about it. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    or flip....
    i heard for in demand posters ie rome(emek) bot from 10c, that are "not for resale" , people buy it. then they trade it for a poster of equal market value and then flip the poster they got in a straight up trade. big money made
    Depends on how aggressive they want to get. They could raise poster prices and squeeze flippers. Maybe even vary based on perceived demand - I think we have an idea of the hot ones. It's kinda risky and kinda labor intensive, but it is possible. 

I also understand if they don't give a shit and just want to sell through stock as fast as possible.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    or flip....
    I can confirm this to be true.  I saw this unraveled on 60 Minutes.  They did a big segment on the whole scheme.  ;)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• I will always buy the poster of a show I attend – even if I don't like it.

I have purchased posters of shows I haven't attended, just because they are awesome. For example, I didn't attend the 2012 Isle of Wight show, but that poster is INCREDIBLE. It was a must buy.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    or flip....
    Old news, and typical of any type of limited collectible item. If you look in Lost Dogs, you'll more likely find people reselling "Show Editions" (that more than likely came from 10 Club) after what they feel is an appropriate amount of time after the item was sold here to not be labeled as flippers (whether that was 3 months, 6 months, or a year later). Typically with a description of "paring down my collection, selling what I'm not going to hang" and they are usually all posters from 2016 til now.... 

Over/under on how many RSD Red vinyls are posted by October? Considering the Mad Season ones have started popping up after being re-listed here 3 months ago.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    poster laundering schemes
  • BabyJammerBabyJammer Posts: 11
    ISO... Missing the drop 😓
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Didn't go to this one but I think it's my favorite Euro poster. Would've bought if I'd been online. The colors are great. I loved the MoPop one (technically I was at an Away show but I think that's the only one I bought that wasn't show specific to what I attended). 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Steve Thomas is definitely my favorite artist, I was lucky enough to go to two shows that he made posters for.  Congrats to all that got one today. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Klausen Amsterdam up.....
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Klausen Amsterdam up.....
    Lol, cant tell if youre joking or serious
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    KM73780 said:
    Most of the poster hung and/or in my portfolio are shows I did not attend.  I love the way they look.  Many shows I went to I ended up trading the poster or putting into leagues or contests as my entry fee. 
    I will buy almost anything Klausen or Cooper that is Pearl Jam related, if I have the extra cash lying around at that point.  My two favorites.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited July 2019
    moving away from that very limited time when they offered ticket buyers an opportunity to buy a poster to the show as a presale, sight unseen, was like getting kicked in the nuts. i hated it....it f'n hurt. 1-4 hour merch line for a poster? no f'n way...i'm out.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    moving away from that very limited time when they offered ticket buyers an opportunity to buy a poster to the show as a presale, sight unseen, was like getting kicked in the nuts. i hated it....it f'n hurt. 1-4 hour merch line for a poster? no f'n way...i'm out.
    Could always consider a ticket package that includes a poster in the price of the ticket along with other amenities.  We used to sell tickets like that in the NHL, ticket, rally towel, game puck, and a dinner.   
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited July 2019
    Posters bring people to the merch stand to buy $5 pins and $35 shirts (and for that matter, multiple poster designs for a single show). Preordering posters would hurt sales at the merch stands if people got what they wanted and had little reason to line up. 

Also, the two posters I ever bought from a show and sold off later came from that preorder tour. Wife said there’s no way I’m framing the “veiny vagina monster” and putting it on the wall...

Post edited by tschav on
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    Think I prefer the Klausen poster tbh
    Love the Klausen!
    The Klausen is amazing. As usual.
  • tschav said:
    Posters bring people to the merch stand to buy $5 pins and $35 shirts (and for that matter, multiple poster designs for a single show). Preordering posters would hurt sales at the merch stands if people got what they wanted and had little reason to line up. 

Also, the two posters I ever bought from a show and sold off later came from that preorder tour. Wife said there’s no way I’m framing the “veiny vagina monster” and putting it on the wall...

This makes sense as the merchandise looks like a business. For some bands, it’s tough to go to a show and not want some of the cool merchandise. 

Its awesome to go to a concert and not want any of the merchandise. It makes the reason why I went to the show in the first place more powerful. It’s about the music
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    tschav said:

Thanks. I will never look at that poster the same again. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    tschav said:

POTY candidate!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    tschav said:

HAHAHAHA!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • on2legs said:
    tschav said:

Thanks. I will never look at that poster the same again. 
    are you nuts?  Now I can't stop looking at it....and I am at work, which makes this all the more uncomfortable
  • Klausen Amsterdam down....apparently it sold out

As Sally Field said in her Oscar speech "You like me...you really like me".  
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    pjl44 said:
    or flip....
    Depends on how aggressive they want to get. They could raise poster prices and squeeze flippers. Maybe even vary based on perceived demand - I think we have an idea of the hot ones. It's kinda risky and kinda labor intensive, but it is possible. 

I also understand if they don't give a shit and just want to sell through stock as fast as possible.

They don't care. They could have sold a few from last year for $300-500 and still have sold them all in under a day.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:
    or flip....

They don't care. They could have sold a few from last year for $300-500 and still have sold them all in under a day.
    You can certainly make the argument. The two things I often wonder are how many they have vs how many people are paying up to that full market value. It's an interesting proposition. 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    or flip....

You can certainly make the argument. The two things I often wonder are how many they have vs how many people are paying up to that full market value. It's an interesting proposition. 
    I’ve been shocked at how cheap AP posters from past years have been on the secondary market lately.  If you play your cards right, you can find most of them for under 100, some less than 80.  Just need to know where to look.  Goes to show how saturated the market is, everyone buys these 10c drops and flippers swarm the artist drops, but 2 years later they’re stuck with them and are trying to unload.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.