What do we know of Pearl Jam/Eddies and Liam Gallaghers relationship?

So, all the data I have is:

- London 2018-show Eddie jokes that with his throat-problems a doctor said it would be really expensive to get Eddie up to Adeles voice - but for cheap he could get Liams voice. After, Eddie said knows Liam and Liam can take the joke.

- Pinkpop 2000. Liam is being asked about other bands playing the festival and he calls Pearl Jam rubbish. "I don't hate them, but they're rubbish" 

Are there any more incidents of the bands talking about each other or have the bands ever met?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I remember Eddie saying that Oasis couldn't sell out this one arena in Australia and that PJ sold it out for two nights.  
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Those Oasis dudes are CUNTS. Give me the original band (The Beatles) any day. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    I'm sure Eddie made a bit of a jibe at Oasis at his solo gig in Manchester 2012. I can't remember what he said exactly but it was in the context of praising the La's as a band from the area.
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163
    tino_11 said:
    I'm sure Eddie made a bit of a jibe at Oasis at his solo gig in Manchester 2012. I can't remember what he said exactly but it was in the context of praising the La's as a band from the area.
    Hmm. I was there. But do not remember this... obviously it was 7 years ago
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Posts: 3,298
    Those Oasis dudes are CUNTS. Give me the original band (The Beatles) any day. 
    Somewhat agree with this. I like a few Oasis songs but there is lots of filler on their albums. 
    Beatles # 1 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Love Oasis.  
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Someone get Harvey Levin on this potential drama, post-haste.

• rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    Love Oasis.  
    As do I. Great music, although their earlier work is a bit better than their more recent stuff. Hmmm Sounds familiar.
    (Edit: I feel like I've made a similar post to this before).
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,514
    They have a poor attitude and not my type of people. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    Liam Gallagher is a complete gobshite.  I love oasis. But can't stand him. His constant pursuit of his brother is sad. He just put up a video of eating soup with a fork. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 897
    At Wellington in 98 Ed complimented the crowd then said "Oasis is going to have a blast" (Oasis would play a few weeks after). The reaction was a resounding boo, at which point he said something to the effect of "What, do you guys work for the airline? What's your problem?". Oasis had just been banned from Qantas I believe for unruly behaviour on a flight. Was a good laugh.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,958
    My best friend told me that during study hall Eddie said that he thinks Oasis is really cool but he only likes them as a friend.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• TW42835TW42835 Posts: 4
    In 98 PJ played in Melbourne the night after Oasis and Vedder jokes that when they arrived their dressing rooms were full of leftover cocaine from the night before.