Options

Does twice the time mean a double album?

BK35942BK35942 Posts: 22
well, why not?!?!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,965
    I’d accept this course of action! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,041
    edited June 2019
    I hope it means quality. The one thing  the last 2 albums have struggled with all the way through. In patches yes but as albums weak. Imo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,547
    If Can't Deny Me was their best song for a single, they are likely scraping to get a single disc together of decent material and probably why it is taking so long.   Take more time and put out a quality single disc album I say.  I don't care how long it takes.  I'd be happy with one more really good album. 
  • Options
    If Can't Deny Me was their best song for a single, they are likely scraping to get a single disc together of decent material and probably why it is taking so long.   Take more time and put out a quality single disc album I say.  I don't care how long it takes.  I'd be happy with one more really good album. 
    I’ve always found that while I grow to love them, the first singles are not really the best songs on the album
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    I think they should do the opposite. They've done the "let's take forever to write and record" thing the last few albums. They need to go in with zero ideas, jam, turn jams into songs. 1 week max deadline. Then see what they have out of that.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Nah. It means they have half the interest.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,308
    Nah. It means they have half the interest.
    This is, word for word, exactly what I was going to post.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    we can pray
    danny d
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    It's wishful thinking.  Pearl Jam records cost a lot of money to make and the return is simply not there anymore.  It sucks.  I wish the band would self produce a bit more.  seemed like they were doing a bit of that for a while? 
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 903
    vaggar99 said:
    It's wishful thinking.  Pearl Jam records cost a lot of money to make and the return is simply not there anymore.  It sucks.  I wish the band would self produce a bit more.  seemed like they were doing a bit of that for a while? 
    I highly doubt cost is the big issue when it comes to getting them in the studio when compared to creativity and schedules.  New albums mean tours which equals the greatest money maker for the band. Even a 20 date tour more than pays the bills.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited June 2019
    KN219077 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    I highly doubt cost is the big issue when it comes to getting them in the studio when compared to creativity and schedules.  New albums mean tours which equals the greatest money maker for the band. Even a 20 date tour more than pays the bills.
    exactly, they can play 20 shows and make a ton of money with or without a new album.  let's face it, few go  to see Pearl Jam to hear the songs off Lightning Bolt or Backspacer.  Or, any of the last 5-6 albums for that matter.  

I think I heard Mike say, more than once, that it cost around a $1 million to make the last PJ record.  He didn't sound very excited about having to do that again.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    Every double album has fat that could be cut. Its best they don't do this and just put out 7" with b-sides.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,107
    vaggar99 said:
    KN219077 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    exactly, they can play 20 shows and make a ton of money with or without a new album.  let's face it, few go  to see Pearl Jam to hear the songs off Lightning Bolt or Backspacer.  Or, any of the last 5-6 albums for that matter.  

I think I heard Mike say, more than once, that it cost around a $1 million to make the last PJ record.  He didn't sound very excited about having to do that again.
    Suddenly I understand the sevens single release 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    How about a four-song EP? That'd be my recommendation (not that I have any say whatsoever). That's only about one-third of the length of most albums and will at least tide us all over until the next tour (???????).
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    What makes you think they've been working on an album this whole time?
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    Rumour has it ...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    vaggar99 said:
    KN219077 said:
    vaggar99 said:

And it probably costs $5 to make those shirts they sell for $35.  Money isn't the issue for the lack of new albums.  One festival gig probably pays for the album. 
  • Options
    BK35942BK35942 Posts: 22
    ...looks like no.  Can't wait to hear it!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    No, it means 66 2/3 RPM.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.