Same Song Title, Different Band/Artist: "Creep”

2»

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Other
    Technically I guess this should count as a vote for TLC... but it's really a vote for the magnificence of Greg Dulli and co, the masters of the cover version 

The Afghan Whigs - Creep (TLC cover)

https://youtu.be/NmIWkiTZ8qM
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Radiohead
    rummy said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

said:
    STP, Radiohead does nothing for me.
    Radiohead is definitely one of those bands where you're either really into them or just can't wrap your head around them.
    Or they just don’t like theirmusic. Radiohead is still very much a rock band at heart, even at their bleepy bloopiest, not some high art worthy of such snobbery.

I can understand someone who doesn’t like Radiohead but does love Pearl Jam.  That’s what makes Pearl Jam so brilliant.  They cover a wide range of music tastes.  Radiohead is more niche.
    I couldn’t disagree more with your implication that PJ has a more diverse catalog. Just not sure how anyone could make that claim. 
    I’m not claiming PJ’s catalog is more diverse. I’m saying their music is more palatable to fans with different tastes in music.  Whether you’re more Indie/Alternative or Hard Rock/Metal, PJ seems to reach both of those sides.  I do agree that Radiohead is very much a rock band, but I can understand why someone would have a tough time settling in with them. 
    I’d agree PJ is more palatable to your average fan of rock music, but I think the band with the vastly broader scope would appeal to a wider audience.
    One thing I do know for sure if that both PJ and RH can VERY quickly sell out two nights at the ACC (er, Scotia Bank Place) in Toronto. Both must be palatable to a lot of people. :)
    (Dang, I got off track - AGAIN!)
    Both bands, and STP for that matter, are brilliant.  I also agree with the earlier comment about liking RH later stuff than the earlier.  My favorite record of theirs is In Rainbows. 
    Back on track to STP...I fell off after they kicked Weiland out of the band for the second time.  I was more captivated by his lead vocals than I was by the guitars and drums.  He was incredibly versatile.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Radiohead
    goldrush said:
    Technically I guess this should count as a vote for TLC... but it's really a vote for the magnificence of Greg Dulli and co, the masters of the cover version 

The Afghan Whigs - Creep (TLC cover)

https://youtu.be/NmIWkiTZ8qM
    Very cool rendition.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Radiohead
    I feel I need to give a shout out to Negative Creep.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    TLC
    TLC for sure!!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited June 2019
    Radiohead
    I enjoy the love for TLC here.  My favorite era of music is the early 90’s.  Just about every genre of music was clicking at this time.