Same Song Title, Different Band/Artist: "Creep”

Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
edited June 2019 in Other Music
Happy Friday!  This week I am putting up "Creep" as the song title with a handful of different versions.  I'm going to keep this list mainstream, so please feel free to bring up other versions that are not listed below.  I'm all for hearing new music.  Ironically, each of the versions below came out one year after the other.
Radiohead - Released in 1992 as a single off of their album "Pablo Honey"
Stone Temple Pilots - Released in 1993 as a single off of their album "Core"
TLC - Released in 1994 as a single off of their album "CrazySexyCool"
I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

Same Song Title, Different Band/Artist: "Creep” 25 votes

Radiohead
44%
ledveddermanhedonistmfc2006BLACK35eddieceeriepadaveF Me In The BrainrummyBlack,red,yellowGlorified KCJPPJ84 11 votes
Stone Temple Pilots
36%
pjhawksmcgruff10hrd2imgnpjsteelerfanLukinFanOf The AggieDewieCoxjoberschlakeSmsmartins18 9 votes
TLC
16%
DukeSpiritmr bungleSpiritual_Chaostempo_n_groove 4 votes
Other
4%
goldrush 1 vote

Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Radiohead
    Love the STP creep but it’s no contest in the end 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Radiohead
    There aren't many options on this one, but I found it interesting there were 3 versions so close to one another and each was very popular.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Stone Temple Pilots
    I went with STP for the fact that the pretentious Radiohead refuses to acknowledge the greatness of their Creep and rarely plays it live. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pjhawks said:
    I went with STP for the fact that the pretentious Radiohead refuses to acknowledge the greatness of their Creep and rarely plays it live. 
    Really?!? That's dumb. I'm guessing that's their biggest hit song, but I could be wrong.

Personally, it's one of only two songs I know by name by Radiohead; the other song being "High and Dry."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Radiohead
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    Really?!? That's dumb. I'm guessing that's their biggest hit song, but I could be wrong.

Personally, it's one of only two songs I know by name by Radiohead; the other song being "High and Dry."
    Brilliant live version: https://youtu.be/k3_RU30tEIE
    in the comments people discuss why he doesn’t play it more often 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited June 2019
    Radiohead
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:

Give this a spin.  My favorite Radiohead song, by far.

I don't know why you bother
    Nothing's ever good enough for you
    I was there
    It wasn't like that
    You've come here just to start a fight
    You had to piss on our parade
    You had to shred our big day
    You had to ruin it for all concerned

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Radiohead
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:

I've always thought Paranoid Android was their biggest hit song.  Even though Creep was probably more accepted in mainstream.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Never heard those, F Me.

I worked at a record store when Hail to the Thief came out, and I avoided it because, you know, fuck y'all in your British cockholes with a red hot needle; look around: your country sucks, too. 

I own two Radiohead albums, The Bends, which has "High and Dry" on it, and OK Computer, which has a bunch of songs on it that I cannot name. In all honesty, I know and appreciate Christopher O'Riley's versions of the songs better. And my familiarity with the O'Riley albums are how I actually recognize a Radiohead song other than "Creep" or "High and Dry" if they are playing at a bar or restaurant or something. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Radiohead
    Karma Police was mainstream, as well, wasn't it?

Fuuuuck, now that bass line from Punch Up at a Wedding is going to be in my head all day.
    Such a great song.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Radiohead

Fuuuuck, now that bass line from Punch Up at a Wedding is going to be in my head all day.
    Such a great song.
    Oh yeah Karma Police was.  I'm glad you posted that Punch Up video.  I love me some Hail to the Thief.  2+2 =5, Go To Sleep, There, There.  I love Radiohead.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Stone Temple Pilots
    STP, Radiohead does nothing for me.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Radiohead
    Radiohead is definitely one of those bands where you're either really into them or just can't wrap your head around them.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    TLC

Such a great song.
    Oh yeah Karma Police was.  I'm glad you posted that Punch Up video.  I love me some Hail to the Thief.  2+2 =5, Go To Sleep, There, There.  I love Radiohead.
    Bodysnatchers...

Plus I dig TLC's Creep more than these...  Yep.
    Radiohead

Such a great song.
    Bodysnatchers...

Plus I dig TLC's Creep more than these...  Yep.
    Bodysnatchers is awesome.  I love the constant buildup of sound during that song.

I dig all 3 of these.  I'm glad to see someone giving some love to TLC.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Radiohead
    Totally the opposite for me.

DK, OK Computer & The Bends were my first two (and favorite) Radiohead albums.  Yorke's solo stuff is intense as well.
    Radiohead
    hedonist said:
    Totally the opposite for me.

DK, OK Computer & The Bends were my first two (and favorite) Radiohead albums.  Yorke's solo stuff is intense as well.
      I enjoy Kid A and In Rainbows the most.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Radiohead
    Radiohead slightly over STP. Both great songs (so is TLC's song)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Radiohead
    I love me some STP as well.  I used to wear out their album No. 4 back in the day.  Maybe not their most popular, but I love Heaven and Hot Rods, Sour Girl, Sex and Violence, Atlanta.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Radiohead
    I love me some STP as well.  I used to wear out their album No. 4 back in the day.  Maybe not their most popular, but I love Heaven and Hot Rods, Sour Girl, Sex and Violence, Atlanta.
    I like No. 4 for the time in which I was introduced to STP (late bloomer here).  Atlanta, gorgeous.  I dig Sour Girl too.
    Radiohead
    hedonist said:
    I like No. 4 for the time in which I was introduced to STP (late bloomer here).  Atlanta, gorgeous.  I dig Sour Girl too.
    Scott Wieland was incredible as a front man.  It’s tragic how he wasn’t able to keep it together.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    TLC
    Love STP but this is my least favorite song of there's.  was my piss break song when seeing them live.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Radiohead
    I don't want to start anything but as someone who likes Radiohead almost as much as Pearl Jam, some of the above posts are difficult to read.
    Radiohead
    I can understand someone who doesn’t like Radiohead but does love Pearl Jam.  That’s what makes Pearl Jam so brilliant.  They cover a wide range of music tastes.  Radiohead is more niche.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Stone Temple Pilots

said:
    Radiohead is definitely one of those bands where you're either really into them or just can't wrap your head around them.
    Or they just don’t like theirmusic. Radiohead is still very much a rock band at heart, even at their bleepy bloopiest, not some high art worthy of such snobbery.

I can understand someone who doesn’t like Radiohead but does love Pearl Jam.  That’s what makes Pearl Jam so brilliant.  They cover a wide range of music tastes.  Radiohead is more niche.
    I couldn’t disagree more with your implication that PJ has a more diverse catalog. Just not sure how anyone could make that claim. 
    edited June 2019
    Radiohead
    DewieCox said:

said:
    Or they just don’t like theirmusic. Radiohead is still very much a rock band at heart, even at their bleepy bloopiest, not some high art worthy of such snobbery.

I couldn’t disagree more with your implication that PJ has a more diverse catalog. Just not sure how anyone could make that claim. 
    I’m not claiming PJ’s catalog is more diverse. I’m saying their music is more palatable to fans with different tastes in music.  Whether you’re more Indie/Alternative or Hard Rock/Metal, PJ seems to reach both of those sides.  I do agree that Radiohead is very much a rock band, but I can understand why someone would have a tough time settling in with them. 
    Post edited by Glorified KC on
    Radiohead
    I think both bands (PJ and RH) are fantastic but their music has definitively taken different trajectories. I think the main difference for me is that I find myself going back to Pearl Jam's older stuff (especially their first two albums) much more than their more recent work while with Radiohead I don't tend to listen to their first two albums all that much these days but will quite frequently give later albums like In Rainbows and A Moon Shaped Pool a spin. 
    Radiohead
    To attempt to get back on track, STP is (was?) indeed solid. I regret never taking the time to see the original band perform.
    Stone Temple Pilots
    DewieCox said:

said:

I’m not claiming PJ’s catalog is more diverse. I’m saying their music is more palatable to fans with different tastes in music.  Whether you’re more Indie/Alternative or Hard Rock/Metal, PJ seems to reach both of those sides.  I do agree that Radiohead is very much a rock band, but I can understand why someone would have a tough time settling in with them. 
    I’d agree PJ is more palatable to your average fan of rock music, but I think the band with the vastly broader scope would appeal to a wider audience.
    Stone Temple Pilots
    rummy said:
    To attempt to get back on track, STP is (was?) indeed solid. I regret never taking the time to see the original band perform.
    They were great, I’d say they’re solid now. Can’t fault them for carrying on and they can put together some songs that hang with the weakest efforts pre-hiatus.
    Radiohead
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

said:

I’d agree PJ is more palatable to your average fan of rock music, but I think the band with the vastly broader scope would appeal to a wider audience.
    One thing I do know for sure if that both PJ and RH can VERY quickly sell out two nights at the ACC (er, Scotia Bank Place) in Toronto. Both must be palatable to a lot of people. :)
    (Dang, I got off track - AGAIN!)