Jon Stewart shames, a nearly empty, congress

13»

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

Mitch walking by
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Mitch walking by
    Great picture, McConnell what a stiff terrible human !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Great news. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    passed 97-2, not sure who didnt vote or if they werent there.  ready Randy Paul and Mikey Lee were the no votes....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    mickeyrat said:
    passed 97-2, not sure who didnt vote or if they werent there.  ready Randy Paul and Mikey Lee were the no votes....
    Looking forward to reading about how Team Trump Treason swooped in and using his superior negotiating skills got all but 2 to vote for it and if he hadn’t gotten involved, it would have been 97-2 the other way, that he can assure us.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mickeyrat said:

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mickeyrat said:

Rand Paul offers a great reason why he voted it down but everyone will only deomonize him for it unfortunately.

This bill NEEDED to get passed though.  
    mickeyrat said:

Rand Paul offers a great reason why he voted it down but everyone will only deomonize him for it unfortunately.

he voted it down hypocritically though, a vote by him dramatically INCREASED the deficit with the tax bill that he then used as a reason for voting no.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Why shouldnt he be demonized for it?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

he voted it down hypocritically though, a vote by him dramatically INCREASED the deficit with the tax bill that he then used as a reason for voting no.
    So he was politickin then.

Good to know.
    mickeyrat said:

Research his reason.
    mickeyrat said:

Research his reason.
    But he had no problems supporting increasing the deficit before.
    edited July 2019
    Trump signs bill making it law, but in the Trumpiest way possible.....

a brief history of Trump and 9-11..

mickeyrat said:

Am I reading this correctly that it's "first responders" only and not anyone else?

Something else I find wird is that Iron Workers took apart the WTC and there aren't any reports of them dying or cancer spikes like there are with the Firemen.
    edited July 2019
    mickeyrat said:

Am I reading this correctly that it's "first responders" only and not anyone else?

Something else I find wird is that Iron Workers took apart the WTC and there aren't any reports of them dying or cancer spikes like there are with the Firemen.
    no. its anyone there or in relative close proximity of the site that was affected. such as a high school a few blocks away.  where some of those students if the time are now developing cancers. like quite a few male former students with breast cancer and so on.
    believe it was toxins in the dust cloud.

by the time iron workers were on scene for cleanup, I would think they were spraying the site down to prevent dust clouds.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

edited July 2019
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

no. its anyone there or in relative close proximity of the site that was affected. such as a high school a few blocks away.  where some of those students if the time are now developing cancers. like quite a few male former students with breast cancer and so on.

by the time iron workers were on scene for cleanup, I would think they were spraying the site down to prevent dust clouds.

mickeyrat said:
    Your take on why is interesting.  I know they were there right after and cutting up metal so it s still odd that no Iron Workers were a statistic.

My company had quite a few there helping out too.

TY
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:
    Your take on why is interesting.  I know they were there right after and cutting up metal so it s still odd that no Iron Workers were a statistic.

TY
    well, lucky them. but all are saying so much of this is still a yet......

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

TY
    well, lucky them. but all are saying so much of this is still a yet......
    We just talked about this the other day because of the bill becoming a huge talking point.  No one we know that was there has had any complications, which is good.

My cousin was walking around taking pictures the next day.  I don't think he ever applied and he was walking through all that crap.  No problems w him either.

But I disagree w "yet".  Eventually life takes it's course and may not be proved to being a cause for cancer 40 years later.
    edited July 2019

edited July 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    not sure why the link didnt fully copy/paste
    do a search and look for this lancet study....

Would this John Stewart fight even be a thing if the US had a health care system similar to western democracies?
    from that lancet article...

Summary

Background

More than 50 000 people participated in the rescue and recovery work that followed the Sept 11, 2001 (9/11) attacks on the World Trade Center (WTC). Multiple health problems in these workers were reported in the early years after the disaster. We report incidence and prevalence rates of physical and mental health disorders during the 9 years since the attacks, examine their associations with occupational exposures, and quantify physical and mental health comorbidities.

Methods

In this longitudinal study of a large cohort of WTC rescue and recovery workers, we gathered data from 27 449 participants in the WTC Screening, Monitoring, and Treatment Program. The study population included police officers, firefighters, construction workers, and municipal workers. We used the Kaplan-Meier procedure to estimate cumulative and annual incidence of physical disorders (asthma, sinusitis, and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), mental health disorders (depression, post-traumatic stress disorder [PTSD], and panic disorder), and spirometric abnormalities. Incidence rates were assessed also by level of exposure (days worked at the WTC site and exposure to the dust cloud).

Findings

9-year cumulative incidence of asthma was 27·6% (number at risk: 7027), sinusitis 42·3% (5870), and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease 39·3% (5650). In police officers, cumulative incidence of depression was 7·0% (number at risk: 3648), PTSD 9·3% (3761), and panic disorder 8·4% (3780). In other rescue and recovery workers, cumulative incidence of depression was 27·5% (number at risk: 4200), PTSD 31·9% (4342), and panic disorder 21·2% (4953). 9-year cumulative incidence for spirometric abnormalities was 41·8% (number at risk: 5769); three-quarters of these abnormalities were low forced vital capacity. Incidence of most disorders was highest in workers with greatest WTC exposure. Extensive comorbidity was reported within and between physical and mental health disorders.

Interpretation

9 years after the 9/11 WTC attacks, rescue and recovery workers continue to have a substantial burden of physical and mental health problems. These findings emphasise the need for continued monitoring and treatment of the WTC rescue and recovery population.

Funding

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Would this John Stewart fight even be a thing if the US had a health care system similar to western democracies?

Why does it matter if 2 voted against it...it got passed, did it not...

Think about it for more than 2 seconds.  Of course, it's needed.  
    Give Peas A Chance…