How would you rate the 2013 Tour?

2»

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
    PJNB said:
    I enjoyed the 2016 tour a lot more. No album to push made the sets that much better imo. 

True. Not having an album means more chances to get songs like U, Undone, Wash, etc.

I'd say 2011/2012 was the same, but that was also during all the side projects and the PJ20 stuff.

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • One of the best tours they ever done
    I've been beating this horse a long time now, but Portland 2013 is a very, very overlooked show.  Of my 19 (2005-present), I rank it near the top.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Very good but not the best
    I've been beating this horse a long time now, but Portland 2013 is a very, very overlooked show.  Of my 19 (2005-present), I rank it near the top.
    I completely agree.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    I got the bootleg just because I read a couple of your posts about it 😎
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    PJNB said:
    I enjoyed the 2016 tour a lot more. No album to push made the sets that much better imo. 

True. Not having an album means more chances to get songs like U, Undone, Wash, etc.

I'd say 2011/2012 was the same, but that was also during all the side projects and the PJ20 stuff.

Those are the two years of tours I find myself listening to most often - it was the onset of my madness with this band. Better late than never, I guess?
  • epieepie Posts: 294
    I too was at Worcester 1 and this was my first show after a long hiatus.  As someone who has been to a few shows over the past couple of years at ballparks, I reflect back on this show with fond memories.  Venue felt intimate and I was able to move around the venue to different vantage points with little hassle from security.   Hope we can get back to smaller shows like this in the future.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    One of the best tours they ever done
    I saw two shows.  Vancouver and Seattle.   They were both amazing (Vancouver being the most amazing).   Maybe my third favorite tour behind '98 and '05.  
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,199
    One of the best tours they ever done
    30+ songs nearly every night 
    approx 3 hour concert every night.  
    Nearly the entire studio catalog played over the 25 US shows. *
    Whats not to love?

* from memory.  I don’t recall the actual number of unique songs but it is impressive 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    When I saw the tour kick off in Pittsburgh, it was my first show in a little over 5 years.  Hard to believe it's now been longer than that since that show, but I've since doubled my PJ live count.  Maybe it's because time is relative but that 5 years between shows seemed a lot longer than the past 5 1/2 years.
  • reedrothchildreedrothchild Posts: 566
    I thought 2013 was pretty damn solid.  First tour that really blew me away since Canada 2005.  The encores were a bit formulaic, but the main sets were great and I enjoyed a lot of of the new material live.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Give me more pendulum please!!!

I loved this tour.  Liked it more than ‘16 because it had a dedicated theme that hadn’t lost its cool yet.  6 years later if your stage still has the same setup and you’re still swinging on hanging balls and slinging tambos at a kid too young to be there, your act is getting old.  

‘13 was a great tour though.  Love me some pendulum.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    Only made it to Phoenix but I was stoked with the setlist and crowd. Got a bunch of songs I never heard live in that setlist.  I enjoy a lot of the boots.  The encore's weren't the most amazing by any stretch of the imagination... Maybe just a few shows were great encores.