** HOCKEY WORLD CUP 2019 **

13»

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    WOW!!

I'm surprised that Finland won the World Championships. IMPRESSIVE that they went through Sweden, Russia & Canada to win the Gold.

Canada out shot Finland 21-3 in the 3rd & Finland scored twice!!
    It's not really a surprise.  This tournament is a crap shoot.  I sure would never base my opinion on how good a country's hockey program is based on this tournament...

Unreal, but that is what you get with Murray, a good game followed by an inconsistent game.

I think Boston or St. Louis could have won that tournament...

On to real hockey and The Stanley Cup finals.

Still devasted Austria did not win...they need a public enquiry.

HAHA(Austria)

Yeah, like i posted above, anything can happen in a one game Tourney.

But still, it was a surprise  to me, that Finland beat Canada when you consider the Finns had no player who scored a goal in the NHL & Canada had what? over 200?300? goals from their players.

Not sure any of those goals were Murray's fault, but he would've had to shut-out the Finns for Canada to win the game.

Maybe the next time Austria will win it all?>LOL
    I never take that tournament seriously.  Canada went farther than I expected, and likely should have lost to the Swiss.  There was a time you could guarantee the best Canadians of players available...now not so much.  The players do not mind the grind of the Stanley Cup Playoffs because they are playing for the best hockey trophy in the world.  Now it looks like more players would rather take the time off and recharge for next season...The only way I will take international hockey serious is if the IIHF and NHL can agree on a tournament every 2-4 years.  But the IIHF wants the NHL in the Olympics...
    Yeah, its hard to take the Tourney that serious when so many Countries don't have their best players playing.

I actually like the World JR. Championships. I saw the U18 WC Tourney for the first time i enjoyed that too.

I think we here in North America think the Stanley Cup  is the best  Trophy in the world to play for.  You think Europe thinks the same? Think they prefer the World's & Olympics? 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    WOW!!

I'm surprised that Finland won the World Championships. IMPRESSIVE that they went through Sweden, Russia & Canada to win the Gold.

Canada out shot Finland 21-3 in the 3rd & Finland scored twice!!
    It's not really a surprise.  This tournament is a crap shoot.  I sure would never base my opinion on how good a country's hockey program is based on this tournament...

Unreal, but that is what you get with Murray, a good game followed by an inconsistent game.

I think Boston or St. Louis could have won that tournament...

On to real hockey and The Stanley Cup finals.

Still devasted Austria did not win...they need a public enquiry.

HAHA(Austria)

Yeah, like i posted above, anything can happen in a one game Tourney.

But still, it was a surprise  to me, that Finland beat Canada when you consider the Finns had no player who scored a goal in the NHL & Canada had what? over 200?300? goals from their players.

Not sure any of those goals were Murray's fault, but he would've had to shut-out the Finns for Canada to win the game.

Maybe the next time Austria will win it all?>LOL
    I never take that tournament seriously.  Canada went farther than I expected, and likely should have lost to the Swiss.  There was a time you could guarantee the best Canadians of players available...now not so much.  The players do not mind the grind of the Stanley Cup Playoffs because they are playing for the best hockey trophy in the world.  Now it looks like more players would rather take the time off and recharge for next season...The only way I will take international hockey serious is if the IIHF and NHL can agree on a tournament every 2-4 years.  But the IIHF wants the NHL in the Olympics...
    Yeah, its hard to take the Tourney that serious when so many Countries don't have their best players playing.

I actually like the World JR. Championships. I saw the U18 WC Tourney for the first time i enjoyed that too.

I think we here in North America think the Stanley Cup  is the best  Trophy in the world to play for.  You think Europe thinks the same? Think they prefer the World's & Olympics? 
    I think they want to reach NHL and win the Stanley cup. 

Just like an actor wants to win an Oscar. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    But the honor of playing and winning for your country I bet is magical in a way the stabley cup isnt. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Austria
    I think playing for your country and winning is at least equal, only if the best are playing for your country.  But it's most magical when you beat the countries absolute best...and other than Russia...no country really had all they could offer.  But it's fun to talk about.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    I think it's the best too when every Country has their best players playing in the same Tourney.  Nothing like winning a Gold Medal for your Country.

The timing of the World Championships doesn't help with getting the best to play. Some are still playing in the NHL playoffs, some are hurt, and some just want to rest after a long season. Would it be better to have it in late  Aug./September? (before the season) 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    There were a lot of great players on the teams. The Russian team was stacked(surprised they didn't win Gold). Sweden, U.S. had a good team.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Austria
    cutz said:
    I think it's the best too when every Country has their best players playing in the same Tourney.  Nothing like winning a Gold Medal for your Country.

The timing of the World Championships doesn't help with getting the best to play. Some are still playing in the NHL playoffs, some are hurt, and some just want to rest after a long season. Would it be better to have it in late  Aug./September? (before the season) 
    I think you are right about Aug/September...that seems like the best time.  I'd like to see a partnership with the IIHF and NHL.  Because I think when the NHL is involved with the IIHF it helps grow the sport.  Just look how far the Swiss hockey program has come in the last 15-20 years.
    Give Peas A Chance…