Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

The WEEKS

2»

Comments

  • JedJed New York CityPosts: 1,017
    I hesitate to mention this because I don't know when they will tour again, but if you like the weeks I have to recommend The Features from Tennessee. Check out their album "Exhibit A" which is a masterpiece from start to finish and in a similar vein and tone to the Weeks.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,795
    Jed said:
    I hesitate to mention this because I don't know when they will tour again, but if you like the weeks I have to recommend The Features from Tennessee. Check out their album "Exhibit A" which is a masterpiece from start to finish and in a similar vein and tone to the Weeks.
    Cool man, thx!
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,444
    pjpitt89 said:
    The Weeks preorder for their new album Twisted River!!!
    http://theweeks.merchnow.com/
    Excited for this, although a bit confused. A lot of these are older songs (Bobbie, Slips, Quicksand, Shame). It's almost like a B-sides album, which I'm fine with. I guess what confuses me is why Alive Right Now isn't on this as well. I think I prefer that to This Dance. 
    I think they should have Grind Yr Teeth on a physical release too.

    Bobbie was a song they came up with and played live but never got to recording.  I heard most of Easy before it was a record too as they played a bunch of them before the recordings.  I like that though.  Remember how excited you got when PJ played a new song and couldn't wait to get the album?

    I think they will follow up with another album too.  I know they were collecting funds to do an album and I hope this wasn't what they meant.

    Were you watching the live streams on Fridays?
    Yes I caught all of the live streams actually. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't finish the "kitchen sink" because they initially announced 3 streams to play all their songs, but then seemingly called it quits after the 2nd. 

    Bobbie did get recorded during the Easy sessions I believe. However I ended up purchasing Easy they sent me Grind Ya Teeth and Bobbie as "bonus tracks" tagged on the end of the album. But I agree, I hope this wasn't what they were referring to with "recording a new album". 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 1,837
    Like what I’m hearing. Thanks for the introduction 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,795
    pjpitt89 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    The Weeks preorder for their new album Twisted River!!!
    http://theweeks.merchnow.com/
    Excited for this, although a bit confused. A lot of these are older songs (Bobbie, Slips, Quicksand, Shame). It's almost like a B-sides album, which I'm fine with. I guess what confuses me is why Alive Right Now isn't on this as well. I think I prefer that to This Dance. 
    I think they should have Grind Yr Teeth on a physical release too.

    Bobbie was a song they came up with and played live but never got to recording.  I heard most of Easy before it was a record too as they played a bunch of them before the recordings.  I like that though.  Remember how excited you got when PJ played a new song and couldn't wait to get the album?

    I think they will follow up with another album too.  I know they were collecting funds to do an album and I hope this wasn't what they meant.

    Were you watching the live streams on Fridays?
    Yes I caught all of the live streams actually. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't finish the "kitchen sink" because they initially announced 3 streams to play all their songs, but then seemingly called it quits after the 2nd. 

    Bobbie did get recorded during the Easy sessions I believe. However I ended up purchasing Easy they sent me Grind Ya Teeth and Bobbie as "bonus tracks" tagged on the end of the album. But I agree, I hope this wasn't what they were referring to with "recording a new album". 
    Those 2 songs were digital though.  I don't have them on my record which is what I meant by recording.  It should be physical somewhere.

    As for the live streams I got to hear Comeback Cadillac live finally after 10 years of seeing live shows!  Got my name called out too when I saw Damien and UelDee on the wrong sides one week, lol.

    You think they stopped the live streams because of the break they took for quarantine and they have a schedule to keep?


  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,795
    Like what I’m hearing. Thanks for the introduction 
    Welcome!
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,444
    pjpitt89 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    The Weeks preorder for their new album Twisted River!!!
    http://theweeks.merchnow.com/
    Excited for this, although a bit confused. A lot of these are older songs (Bobbie, Slips, Quicksand, Shame). It's almost like a B-sides album, which I'm fine with. I guess what confuses me is why Alive Right Now isn't on this as well. I think I prefer that to This Dance. 
    I think they should have Grind Yr Teeth on a physical release too.

    Bobbie was a song they came up with and played live but never got to recording.  I heard most of Easy before it was a record too as they played a bunch of them before the recordings.  I like that though.  Remember how excited you got when PJ played a new song and couldn't wait to get the album?

    I think they will follow up with another album too.  I know they were collecting funds to do an album and I hope this wasn't what they meant.

    Were you watching the live streams on Fridays?
    Yes I caught all of the live streams actually. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't finish the "kitchen sink" because they initially announced 3 streams to play all their songs, but then seemingly called it quits after the 2nd. 

    Bobbie did get recorded during the Easy sessions I believe. However I ended up purchasing Easy they sent me Grind Ya Teeth and Bobbie as "bonus tracks" tagged on the end of the album. But I agree, I hope this wasn't what they were referring to with "recording a new album". 
    Those 2 songs were digital though.  I don't have them on my record which is what I meant by recording.  It should be physical somewhere.

    As for the live streams I got to hear Comeback Cadillac live finally after 10 years of seeing live shows!  Got my name called out too when I saw Damien and UelDee on the wrong sides one week, lol.

    You think they stopped the live streams because of the break they took for quarantine and they have a schedule to keep?


    Ah yes, a physical release, I gotcha. I'm not sure why they stopped them. I could've sworn they actually announced an August date for the 3rd Kitchen Sink show after their quarantine but I could be wrong. They did a nice job though, always a good time. 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,444
    Anyone that ordered Comeback Cadillac on vinyl receive it yet? Mine was supposed to arrive 1 week ago, but after going from MI to OH, it disappeared and took a left turn only to land 5 days later in OR. It's been comical to watch, now it is crawling back east towards PA. It went from OR to Vancouver, then ID, MT, MN, and today IL. This is one well traveled vinyl!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • Nope.  Haven't seen it yet...
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,444
    pjpitt89 said:
    Anyone that ordered Comeback Cadillac on vinyl receive it yet? Mine was supposed to arrive 1 week ago, but after going from MI to OH, it disappeared and took a left turn only to land 5 days later in OR. It's been comical to watch, now it is crawling back east towards PA. It went from OR to Vancouver, then ID, MT, MN, and today IL. This is one well traveled vinyl!
    2 weeks and 9 states later, it finally arrive today. The sleeve is printed on very cheap, thin stock, not a typical vinyl sleeve. I know qrates does all of their own stuff, so this must be their standard. The vinyl barely fits inside of it since it's so small, it isn't even large enough to have print on the spine. Record looks clean, haven't gotten to listen yet. Regardless, it is quite cheaply done for a single LP that they charged $30 for, not to mention they cut a couple songs from the original release.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,795
    I'm in the middle of a move sio I haven't listened yet...
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,444
    sorry, never updated my above post. While the sleeve is cheap, 2 songs were cut, and it was very pricey, I'm happy. I've never had a vinyl from qrates, and it was quite impressive. The record was clean, flat, and relatively quiet. As for the songs themselves, they sounded great and full. The recording is 12 years old and was done via small time studio/recording/etc, but they got excellent sound out of it on this pressing.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,795
    http://theweeksmusic.com/

    Live stream tonight people!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.