Options

Facebook crush feature - would you use it?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    PJ_Soul said:
    The longest I was off Facebook was almost a year I believe. 
    But I am addicted to it, always checking my newsfeed and commenting. I guess it serves a purpose for me (making me feel less lonely).
    It is a cesspit of assholes. I recently had people making fun of my appearance so I changed my profile pic to be something other than a photo of me. 
    That fuxking sucks, and people who would do that to anyone are complete pricks.
    Yeah. I had one guy have a look at my profile because he got offended about something I said about the Notre Dame cathedral and he said my paintings suck and that I have no taste in art. I am in a artists group and some guy randomly said "I don't know where my hairline is" whatever that is meant to mean. Another guy said I am ugly. Facebook is full of shit people.
    Many people are nothing but assholes. If they hide behind their cell phones/pc s dissing others, they certainly feel superior.
    Sometimes I think it's the same as people who play online. You can be the superhero, good-looking and successful, while in real life you're a boring, lonely, or just normal person. Some people seem to feel good about treating others like shit.

No matter in which context, I think Stephen Hawking rightly said, "I'm afraid evolution has brought us greed and aggression into our DNA, there's no sign that conflict is diminishing ..."

That's why you should not listen to others fucked up, bad comments, they're just some bad, sad undignified ones… but there are still heaps of good people out there. 
    Nobody could look as ugly as someone who calls someone else ugly. (hope that's correct English :blush: )
    Just give a fuuuuuk about what they say!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    i see comments like thoughts expressed all the time. if it's a public thread, and there's a disagreement on the topic, within the first 3 comments there's going to be some asshole that, instead of debating the topic, will check out the person's profile and make some disparaging comment about their appearance or something else personal. they obviously have problems themselves if that's their go-to. that's how i think about it, anyway. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    kce8 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    But I am addicted to it, always checking my newsfeed and commenting. I guess it serves a purpose for me (making me feel less lonely).
    It is a cesspit of assholes. I recently had people making fun of my appearance so I changed my profile pic to be something other than a photo of me. 
    Yeah. I had one guy have a look at my profile because he got offended about something I said about the Notre Dame cathedral and he said my paintings suck and that I have no taste in art. I am in a artists group and some guy randomly said "I don't know where my hairline is" whatever that is meant to mean. Another guy said I am ugly. Facebook is full of shit people.
    Many people are nothing but assholes. If they hide behind their cell phones/pc s dissing others, they certainly feel superior.
    Sometimes I think it's the same as people who play online. You can be the superhero, good-looking and successful, while in real life you're a boring, lonely, or just normal person. Some people seem to feel good about treating others like shit.

No matter in which context, I think Stephen Hawking rightly said, "I'm afraid evolution has brought us greed and aggression into our DNA, there's no sign that conflict is diminishing ..."

That's why you should not listen to others fucked up, bad comments, they're just some bad, sad undignified ones… but there are still heaps of good people out there. 
    Nobody could look as ugly as someone who calls someone else ugly. (hope that's correct English :blush: )
    agreed, just insert DONT as the second word of your final sentence.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    kce8 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Whoops, thank you! There should be a don't in it! lol

Well, now that I think about it...
    I can say: "I give a fuck!" but I can't say "You should give a f...k!" Is that right? It has to be: "You shouldn't give a f..k!"
    Never thought about it before. I might made that mistake all the time... 
    Post edited by kce8 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    edited May 2019
    kce8 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    kce8 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Whoops, thank you! There should be a don't in it! lol

Well, now that I think about it...
    I can say: "I give a fuck!" but I can't say "You should give a f...k!" Is that right? It has to be: "You shouldn't give a f..k!"
    Never thought about it before. I might made that mistake all the time... 
    in this context a person shouldnt give a fuck.
    there are certain fuck worthy things, but opinions by random assholes tearing people down isnt  something that should be taken personally....

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    kce8 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Thanks.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    i see comments like thoughts expressed all the time. if it's a public thread, and there's a disagreement on the topic, within the first 3 comments there's going to be some asshole that, instead of debating the topic, will check out the person's profile and make some disparaging comment about their appearance or something else personal. they obviously have problems themselves if that's their go-to. that's how i think about it, anyway. 
    I see that a lot too.
    It's happened to me before.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Okay, who has used this feature? I know someone has tried it by now, right? 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I don't even use facebook, by association I would not use one of it's features.
  • Options
    Gawd, make us do all the work, why don't you?
    PJ_Soul this one is for you, from Dyer.. ;)
    https://youtu.be/KJoeTh00gjk
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,518
    :lol: I mean, Marvin definitely got me more in the mood...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Shit, I forgot I posted this and forgot about this feature. Is it even on Facebook yet?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Shit, I forgot I posted this and forgot about this feature. Is it even on Facebook yet?
    Yes, I remember seeing a lot of posts from facebook trying to encourage me to sign up when it became live, so it is there. If memory serves, if you just scroll left from your newfeed on your phone, you'll eventually land on this section.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I had a look on Facebook on my mac and on my phone app and I cannot find this feature.
    It is meant to be under 'dating' but I cannot find that button.
    I want to crush someone.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,321
    I had a look on Facebook on my mac and on my phone app and I cannot find this feature.
    I want to crush someone.
    It should be a heart icon
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited October 2019
    Same here.... It feels good too.... haha
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,321
    It started in other countries earlier this year. It came to the U.S. just recently
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I want to crush someone.
    Can't see it. Looks like it's not available in Australia yet.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    igotid88 said:
    I want to crush someone.
    Can't see it. Looks like it's not available in Australia yet.
    Send that Simpsons lady a message and ask her about it. ;)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Facebook isn't nearly as bad as the average cool guy in their late thirties to mid forties wants to make it out to be lol

If I was young and single, or even divorced and on the prowl, I would definitely use the crush feature.
    I'm not too cool for anything that stands a chance of getting me laid.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    rgambs said:
    Facebook isn't nearly as bad as the average cool guy in their late thirties to mid forties wants to make it out to be lol

If I was young and single, or even divorced and on the prowl, I would definitely use the crush feature.
    It isn't nearly as bad for anyone with hobbies or specific interests either.
    If I was at all interested in dating, I'd probably use that crush feature too. It would make it very easy to figure out who to ask out on a date, and there would be no fear of rejection.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:

It isn't nearly as bad for anyone with hobbies or specific interests either.
    If I was at all interested in dating, I'd probably use that crush feature too. It would make it very easy to figure out who to ask out on a date, and there would be no fear of rejection.
    Particularly when you talk about broader social circles.  There are always friends of friends that you don't know well enough to make unsolicited advances toward, but a feature like this, used properly would allow someone to know that Karen's friend Linda thinks you are cute and likes enough of your social media presence to consider getting to know you better casually.
    The downsides of social media are also the upsides...while it might make it hard to be around crazy Uncle Rodney at the holidays when he shares MAGA memes all day, but it  lets you identify the "political dinks" as I believe you put it, that you can avoid. 
    If Karen's friend Linda sees that I care about the climate and like cats, we are already on solid footing for a more comfortable first date.  Social media is like a drug, sure, but that just means you treat it like any other drug...use it for good times and don't let it use you.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    I’d like to crush facebbook......twitter, too.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16