Options

Hunger Strike

How great is this song . Hard to believe it was the first studio recording eddie ever sang on. Not bad for your first!!!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    edited April 2019
    I get building up the mythology of Eddie and him being this Jesus character that can walk on water and raise the dead and people want to carry his children and all of that...

... but that was not the first recording he sang on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol1Q6aY9Xpw
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    I get building up the mythology of Eddie and him being this Jesus character that can walk on water and raise the dead and people want to carry his children and all of that...

Really sounds like Springsteen in that. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433

A little harsh, no?  I missed the part where he talked about Jesus and the rest of that.  I think he was just excited to post about a song he likes.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    A lot of shade gets thrown when people get little pieces of information wrong around here. I'm not sure this is what the Ten Club should be about.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 924
    Much of what happened in the Temple Of The Dog sessions has passed into rock legend. There’s the story of Eddie Vedder sitting quietly in the corner with his notebook waiting for Mookie Blaylock sessions to resume as Chris Cornell sang Hunger Strike. The two had only just met, yet Eddie – at the time a deeply shy inductee to Seattle’s scene – still possessed the necessary confidence to walk over to Chris uninvited and sing the deeper register sections of the song, freeing Chris up to tackle the high parts. Hunger Strike would go on to become the first song on which Eddie Vedder was properly recorded in a studio.

• Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 924
    Twas in a kerrang article I read

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Nice article, thanks for posting!
  • Options
    on2legs said:

A little harsh, no?  I missed the part where he talked about Jesus and the rest of that.  I think he was just excited to post about a song he likes.  
    Not meant to come across as harsh. So if it did, I want to clarify that it was not the intent.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Wish Eddie and Chris would have sung more stuff together.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    on2legs said:

Not meant to come across as harsh. So if it did, I want to clarify that it was not the intent.
    Cool. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    Wish Eddie and Chris would have sung more stuff together.
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday.