Options

Whatcha get for RSD 2019??

Comments

• Options
    JM276219JM276219 Chicago Burbs Posts: 60
    Got PJ, I am Sam, and then found Houses of the Holy and Ride the Lightning in Blue!!!

• Options
    sboddensbodden Pewaukee WI Posts: 6
    I had 4 albums on my list, got 3 at my first stop at 8 am at West Bend Exclusive Company, missing only Easy Street. Ten hours later, after visiting two more Exclusive Co. locations, found it at Bull’s Eye Records in downtown Milwaukee. Snagged a bunch of other used cds and vinyl, as well as the RSD bag with Pearl Jam button. Successful day! 
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 400
    No Easy Street or Green River but got this. Also Nirvana Halloween show (not pictured and not RSD)  

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

Chicago
    PJ
    Green River
    Hawkwind
    David Byrne - Brazil classics
    CSNY
    Spacemen 3
    Bball diaries is in the mail
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I Am Sam sounds amazing!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    mfc2006 said:
    Anyone saw a Sharp Objects soundtrack? Tried to get one for my girl.  Store said they had 3 but didn't see any. 
    I saw a few at Records with Merritt in Kansas City. Give them a ring!
    Thanks! Just saw this. Will give em a call tomorrow
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    PJ1973 said:
    No Easy Street or Green River but got this. Also Nirvana Halloween show (not pictured and not RSD)  

Super jealous of the good old boys Garcia you found.  I can’t find that anywhere!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 400
    PJ1973 said:

Super jealous of the good old boys Garcia you found.  I can’t find that anywhere!!
    Yeah, that was a nice surprise- not available at my usual spot but found it at the second!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I didn't get a Jeff Tweedy Warmer album,,,,,hit me up
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    PJ, Green Day, I Know What You Did Last Summer soundtrack
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited April 2019
    Tried Bullmoose for an REM/BHJ this morning to no avail.  Add to Cart button appeared twice but both times I clicked it I was beaten to the punch.  Still showing stock in one store, but can't buy online for some reason.  Would really like this if anyone has any leads - for cost.  I'm not paying flipper prices.

EDIT: P.S. If anyone knows hot to write a bot script, advice would be welcome.  Humans can't beat them except by pure luck, so may as well join them.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Tried Bullmoose for an REM/BHJ this morning to no avail.  Add to Cart button appeared twice but both times I clicked it I was beaten to the punch.  Still showing stock in one store, but can't buy online for some reason.  Would really like this if anyone has any leads - for cost.  I'm not paying flipper prices.

EDIT: P.S. If anyone knows hot to write a bot script, advice would be welcome.  Humans can't beat them except by pure luck, so may as well join them.
    The buy button still hasn't shown up for Floyd. Argh!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Record store day has really increased in becoming an annoying flipper's paradise, huh?

I havent participated in a few years, but this year, really wanted the PJ and Green Jelly.  After I gave my kids breakfast and played with them, I walzed up to the nearest record store and found nothing from RSD I would want, even with like $50 burning a hole in my pocket.  One of the owners of the record store was talking to another customer on how everything was gone, early AM and how many people were waiting in chairs outside.

I just cant do that shit any more.  Being a music fan shouldn't entail constantly waiting in line and obsessing about secondary market pricing.

So if anyone sees a Green Jelly (that's the one I would like as it has sentimental value and I believe the PJ one will be an easy score before long), then I would appreciate a lead.  
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited April 2019
    Tiki said:
    My first wait in line RSD.  

I didn't get
    Billy Joel
    Duran Duran
    Howard Stern
    Prince
    Robert Plant
    Woodstock mono

I did get
    PJ
    Green Day
    John Lennon
    Pete Rock
    Big Hits green mono and Big Hits Vol. 2 orange stereo
    and non RSD's Outkast Stankonia sealed and Bob Dylan Infidels Used

That John Lennon record is pretty effing eye opening.

I also got that PJ button in the swag bag from Ka-chunk!! records.

The $5 Bob Dylan Infidels USED sounds and looks like it was played once.  The out of focus cover picture on this record ALWAYS bothered me, but not the one on Blonde on Blonde.  Great unsplit paper sleeve and if my Columbia Records dead wax etching reading is accurate, a semi-earlier pressing.  Also Available on Cassette.   If only his band had any talent.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    I think it's gotten better.   The prices things go for now on the secondary market are as insane as they were a few years ago.   While popularity of vinyl continues to increase so does the size of the pressing.  It wasn't so long ago I remember there being 3000 copies of something, then 5000, and now it seems close to 7000 just for the North American pressings. 

Yah you need to lineup which really does suck, but I usually get inline about 40 minutes early.  Takes an hour to get in.   I do it once a year.  There's always one (or two records) that they got shorted on in the order, or didn't come out in Canada, but for the most part if I put in a little effort it works out.  Usually I'm pretty quiet, but I had a great time talking to the people around me in the lineup this year.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Tiki said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    How does live at easy street sound?
    CRAMPED.  Mikey's on the wrong side.
    Actually MORE VOLUME makes it sound pretty effing good.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    edited April 2019
    Pearl Jam 
    Suede 
    Pink Floyd 

All picked up at the end of the day in Cambridge today still plenty of copies of all three left. No Green River or Green Day there though.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Got: 
    Green River
    Cheech & Chong
    Ben Gibbard 7"
    The Sopranos Soundtrack (has a Satchel / Shawn Smith song on it)

Missed: 
    Bingo Hand Job
    The Crow
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    petted101 said:
    Pearl Jam 
    Suede 
    Pink Floyd 

All picked up at the end of the day in Cambridge today still plenty of copies of all three left. No Green River or Green Day there though.
    Are we talking Cambridge UK or MA?
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    edited April 2019
    Got:
    Pearl Jam
    I Am Sam
    Green River
    Weezer - Teal
    Weezer - Dusty Gems
    Seven Mary Three - YELLOW!

Missed: 
    The Crow
    Post edited by madtowndave on
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    pjl44 said:
    petted101 said:
    Pearl Jam 
    Suede 
    Pink Floyd 

Are we talking Cambridge UK or MA?
    UK. sorry I should have made that clearer.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    petted101 said:
    Pearl Jam 
    Suede 
    Pink Floyd 

Question already answered. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    dankind said:

And now the Bingo is completely sold out on Bullmoose. WTF?  Still not buy button for Floyd.  I know my local store had one copy. They're closed today and only open til 3 tomorrow.  I'll stop up after work Weds and see if it's still there.
  • Options
    PaigePaige Posts: 365
    Anyone saw a Sharp Objects soundtrack? Tried to get one for my girl.  Store said they had 3 but didn't see any. 
    If you still need this, the store by me has it.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    edited April 2019
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    I just finished spinning the Jerry Garcia Band - Electric on the Eel set. Hot damn! What a great sounding set of records. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I just finished spinning the Jerry Garcia Band - Electric on the Eel set. Hot damn! What a great sounding set of records. 
    Hell yeah dude!  I passed on it but I’ve heard the show before, it’s phenomenal!  I’m kicking myself, but it took all I could to not get it- I can’t open that JGB rabbit hole, there’s a lot of good stuff.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Hell yeah dude!  I passed on it but I’ve heard the show before, it’s phenomenal!  I’m kicking myself, but it took all I could to not get it- I can’t open that JGB rabbit hole, there’s a lot of good stuff.

I want one!!!
  • Options
    dankind said:

And now the Bingo is completely sold out on Bullmoose. WTF?  Still not buy button for Floyd.  I know my local store had one copy. They're closed today and only open til 3 tomorrow.  I'll stop up after work Weds and see if it's still there.
    https://youtu.be/59Hj7bp38f8
    I SAW PEARL JAM