Options

Seriously - they're not gonna tell us the Live at Easy Street difference before RSD?

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited April 2019

Ugh I hate when this is credited as a Fight Club quote. It’s from Will Rodgers.

Wait...Will Rogers said "shit"??!!
    Haha, I believe "things" was his noun of preference; the Fight Club line isn't verbatim but rather paraphrase.  Rogers said: "Too many people spend money they earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like."
  • Options
    And all the defense of the tenclub communication breakdown in this instance surprises me. But I guess someone will always defend something, for whatever weird reason.
    What communication breakdown?  They never said they were going to give us details on it before RSD, all they said was keep your eyes peeled for a 10C version at a later date.  Most would/should assume that "later date" would come later than RSD.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,910
    edited April 2019
    And all the defense of the tenclub communication breakdown in this instance surprises me. But I guess someone will always defend something, for whatever weird reason.
    I guess I don't understand why they need to tell us what the 10c version is gonna be (its most likely just gonna be a variant of vinyl color). this weekend is about going to the store. 

Then give it another thought.
    I just don't see it as a big deal. Of all the things to ding the 10c for communication on, this seems like bottom of the barrel. They keep specifics close to their chest until they are ready to reveal it. Its the way its always been. A little tease or heads up, then they drop it on you.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited April 2019
    Just wait for the 10C one. The RSD version will be super easy to get after the fact. There are so many of them that the price won't get completely out of hand. So wait, get the 10C version, which is bound to be more limited, or buy the RSD one then if you like it better, or buy both at the same time.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    This is an "RSD First" release, meaning that this will come out with 6000 copies (per rsd.com) for record store day first, and then it will be a regular official widespread release.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    My guess?

One version has you fighting crowds and flippers by getting in a line at 5am with a RSD sticker on the cover.

The other version has you paying $12 for two-week domestic mail for no RSD sticker.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    My guess?

One version has you fighting crowds and flippers by getting in a line at 5am with a RSD sticker on the cover.

The other version has you paying $12 for two-week domestic mail for no RSD sticker.
    I cannot bring myself to believe they will be identical. There is no way 10C would release a "10C version" without an actual difference. I'm assuming coloured vinyl.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2019
    The hype for digital PJ vinyl still shocks me.... 

This is also a reminder why i pay NO attention to RSD
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:

I don't either... but the PJ vinyl hype doesn't shock me. It's about collecting for many, if not most, not about sounds quality. Someone with a complete PJ vinyl collection isn't about to not buy PJ vinyl, whatever the source. And there is nothing wrong with having a collection and trying to be a completest IMO.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    How much different could the 10C version be? A different color? What are you worried about missing out on? If it's one of these obsessive collector issues, it's hard to have sympathy. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Digital source PJ vinyl doesn't bother me. Bad pressings and cuts do.

• Options
    Not for this thread, but people get way too hung up on Digital v Analog in regards to vinyl mastering. 
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    My guess is the 10c version is colour. That’s it!!
    these days I prefer basic black anyway. 

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,300
    my2hands said:

The fact that you think digital source means bad vinyl shocks me
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    hihobibo said:
    I don't know the answer, (but assuming that it is never), but when has 10 Club ever sold something that was not equal to, or better, than what is available to the masses? I have not seen a "Target" edition of an album with bonus tracks, or an Amazon version of one of the books with extras in it. 

So go with the assumption that if you wait it will be just as good as going to a store. Unless you collect everything PJ then you can get both.

2. I live in Sweden. The shipping from tenclub often kill us europeans to begin with. Then we will also be struck with custom charges etc. Yes, I know what you are thinking hihobibo - they have a European shop for us Europeans, but no having a european show for Pearl Jam is no guarantee at all something will show up there. So you see, "being better" is a relative term - and when having to pay ALOT FUCKING MORE than the US fans for the stuff from the shop - then just the assumption of it being "better" in the loose sense is not, to me, really enough. Being better is relative, as I've stated and it's . a much bigger leap of faith in context of all the extra money having to be spent for the product then for people in the US.
    Well... it works both ways.  Do you think people in the US like having to pay extra shipping and customs for all the Swedish Fish we eat here??!!?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    on2legs said:
    hihobibo said:
    I don't know the answer, (but assuming that it is never), but when has 10 Club ever sold something that was not equal to, or better, than what is available to the masses? I have not seen a "Target" edition of an album with bonus tracks, or an Amazon version of one of the books with extras in it. 

So go with the assumption that if you wait it will be just as good as going to a store. Unless you collect everything PJ then you can get both.

2. I live in Sweden. The shipping from tenclub often kill us europeans to begin with. Then we will also be struck with custom charges etc. Yes, I know what you are thinking hihobibo - they have a European shop for us Europeans, but no having a european show for Pearl Jam is no guarantee at all something will show up there. So you see, "being better" is a relative term - and when having to pay ALOT FUCKING MORE than the US fans for the stuff from the shop - then just the assumption of it being "better" in the loose sense is not, to me, really enough. Being better is relative, as I've stated and it's . a much bigger leap of faith in context of all the extra money having to be spent for the product then for people in the US.
    Well... it works both ways.  Do you think people in the US like having to pay extra shipping and customs for all the Swedish Fish we eat here??!!?
    Don't even get me started on Saabs
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,647

Trying to constantly pick between two shitty options? Like your two paintings in the waiting room. Or... Coke and Pepsi? McDonald's or Burger King? Hyundai or Honda? Hmm. It's all part of the same blur, right? Just out of focus enough. It's the illusion of choice. Half of us can't even pick our own... our cable, gas, electric. The water we drink, our health insurance. Even if we did, would it matter? You know, if our only option is Blue Cross or Blue Shield, what the fuck is the difference? In fact, aren't they... aren't they the same? No, man... our choices are prepaid for us, long time ago.

• Options
    You ok bro?
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    seeing as they have stopped the xmas record they could have gave us the easy street record to the  10c  as a thank you for all these years of paying membership as the xmas record was always months late now a lot of fans wont be able to get it on rsd im pretty sure they could afford it all they had to do was press more just a thought
    danny d
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945
    Easy Street is £40 at my local store! RSD makes me buy more stuff from Amazon than locally because they're just too greedy when RSD comes around.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,944
    RP112579 said:
    I guess I don't understand why they need to tell us what the 10c version is gonna be (its most likely just gonna be a variant of vinyl color). this weekend is about going to the store. 

I guess you're going to have to make a big boy decision without someone having to hold your hand through it.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    hihobibo said:

Haha. So weird it's called swedish fish over there. And they're not even that good. I just like the liquorice kind.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:

So I'm guessing you haven't bought any albums on vinyl from after Pro Tools hit the market?

What has digital recording to do with if a vinyl is worth hype or not. 

Digital =/= mp3
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I just don't see it as a big deal. Of all the things to ding the 10c for communication on, this seems like bottom of the barrel. They keep specifics close to their chest until they are ready to reveal it. Its the way its always been. A little tease or heads up, then they drop it on you.

Yes. Bottom of the barrell and/or a small thing in the grand scheme of things. 

I still find it highly fan-unfriendly.

And the defense of "they want to you to go to RSD and that's why they hide what the tenclub-edition is and that's  A-OK" I find sheepish as hell, because that is basically saying "They want to force you to double-dip out of fear" which is SUPERMEGA HIGHLY fan-unfriendly. And consumer-unfriendly.

Letting tenclub fans know what the tenclub release -- they have already said is coming! -- exactly is or just saying that is is coming but keeping the details hidden -- in what way does the latter support the RSD more -- if not by forcing fans to double-dip or buy the RSD for fear of missing out (FOMO) ? Where is the positive action taken by tenclub here -- they have already said it is coming, so in what way is that okey but not giving out information enough for us, the consumers and fans, to make an informed decision? 

It's just sheepish defense without any substance IMO.

The RSD-version is being released BUT THERE WILL ALSO BE A BETTER TENCLUB EXCLUSIVE VERSION BUT WE WON'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS!  = fans think its A-OK and is respecting both fans and the RSD.

The RSD-version is being released BUT THERE WILL ALSO BE A A TENCLUB EXCLUSIVE VERSION WITH PETER-CRISS-GREEN COLORED VINYL AND A JEFF-AMENT-PLUSHIE = fans think that is just a crazy in regards to respecting fans and the RSD.

That is just BS. However small this might be in regards to other things.
    If it was all about respecting the RSD - they should not even release their own version to begin with?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    hihobibo said:

Pretty sure there was a Target edition of Backspacer that offered downloads, iirc.
  • Options
    Not for this thread, but people get way too hung up on Digital v Analog in regards to vinyl mastering. 
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    GC31608GC31608 GA Posts: 228

And the defense of "they want to you to go to RSD and that's why they hide what the tenclub-edition is and that's  A-OK" I find sheepish as hell, because that is basically saying "They want to force you to double-dip out of fear" which is SUPERMEGA HIGHLY fan-unfriendly. And consumer-unfriendly.

Letting tenclub fans know what the tenclub release -- they have already said is coming! -- exactly is or just saying that is is coming but keeping the details hidden -- in what way does the latter support the RSD more -- if not by forcing fans to double-dip or buy the RSD for fear of missing out (FOMO) ? Where is the positive action taken by tenclub here -- they have already said it is coming, so in what way is that okey but not giving out information enough for us, the consumers and fans, to make an informed decision? 

The RSD-version is being released BUT THERE WILL ALSO BE A BETTER TENCLUB EXCLUSIVE VERSION BUT WE WON'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS!  = fans think its A-OK and is respecting both fans and the RSD.

The RSD-version is being released BUT THERE WILL ALSO BE A A TENCLUB EXCLUSIVE VERSION WITH PETER-CRISS-GREEN COLORED VINYL AND A JEFF-AMENT-PLUSHIE = fans think that is just a crazy in regards to respecting fans and the RSD.

If it was all about respecting the RSD - they should not even release their own version to begin with?

This whole thread is BS.  I hope tenclub offers a super-limited signed colored edition that releases and sells out as you're paying at the register Saturday. 
  • Options
    Seems like a very legit point of discussion to me, on a fan forum, whether you agree or not. :confused:
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I'm kind of basing the timing of the 10 Club - Live At Easy Street announcement on what they have done with past Record Store Day / Black Friday RSD releases.
    If my memory is correct,
    all of these previous PJ related records were announced via email to members & then put up in the 10 Club shop later in the day on RSD or BFRSD:

I'm expecting the same thing to happen this time as well.
    I believe the only announcement 10 Club has ever made before Record Store Day was their Mystery Vinyl sale on RSD a few years ago.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    GC31608 said:

This whole thread is BS.  I hope tenclub offers a super-limited signed colored edition that releases and sells out as you're paying at the register Saturday. 

Thank you for your input.