Seriously - they're not gonna tell us the Live at Easy Street difference before RSD?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited April 2019 in The Porch
I mean... come on now... For real? Seriously? No joking around.

How is that fan - or even consumer - friendly?

Will we get info tomorrow?

"Just so you know there will be a special tenclub version...

.... but we won't give you information about it so that you can make an informed decision about which version to buy before RSD which is one of the most stressful days for people caring about vinyl and getting a hold of albums you want

Sure hope info is coming before RSD, otherwise it's nothing short of:

And:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    It's really not that big of a deal.  Just go buy it on Saturday, and if you want the 10 club version later on, buy it too.
    If you can only afford one, then choose to buy Saturday or wait.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited April 2019
    It's really not that big of a deal.  Just go buy it on Saturday, and if you want the 10 club version later on, buy it too.
    You make it sound like a pretty big deal.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    You explain just it like it is a pretty big deal.
    Not really.  You're complaining like it's going to seriously effect your life.  Just go buy it Saturday at a record store.  Wait until Monday to see if any record stores online will ship it to you.
    Or wait for the ten club info.
    It's pretty simple really.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Yup, time to take a step back for awhile.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Stop buying things you don’t need.  You will have a lot more money.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    You're the one who started the post, lol.  If the Ten Club doesn't respond to your emails, do you really think they'll respond to you here?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Ugh I hate when this is credited as a Fight Club quote. It’s from Will Rodgers.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    10c shouldn't discuss this exclusive version until after RSD. I rarely commend them for their lack of communication, but in this instance it is appropriate. If you want the record buy it on RSD from a record store. PJ are the RSD Ambassadors and should not be doing anything that might drive sales away from small, independent record stores on that day. That would make them horrible ambassadors.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    edited April 2019
    jeffbr said:
    10c shouldn't discuss this exclusive version until after RSD. I rarely commend them for their lack of communication, but in this instance it is appropriate. If you want the record buy it on RSD from a record store. PJ are the RSD Ambassadors and should not be doing anything that might drive sales away from small, independent record stores on that day. That would make them horrible ambassadors.
    That's fair, but not everyone lives near a indie shop.  I can drive 10 minutes to one of the largest in the USA, but some people have to drive hours to get to a shop just to find out it's no longer available. 
    Post edited by PSUS2H on
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Stop buying things you don’t need.  You will have a lot more money.

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    It's just stuff. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    I don't know the answer, (but assuming that it is never), but when has 10 Club ever sold something that was not equal to, or better, than what is available to the masses? I have not seen a "Target" edition of an album with bonus tracks, or an Amazon version of one of the books with extras in it. 

So go with the assumption that if you wait it will be just as good as going to a store. Unless you collect everything PJ then you can get both.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    The track record on recent stuff doesn't really lend itself to the 10 club version being vastly different.  It will likely come with a sticker or something else similar.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Ugh I hate when this is credited as a Fight Club quote. It’s from Will Rodgers.

Wait...Will Rogers said "shit"??!!
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I heard the 10C version is going to come with a dog collar.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Id guess we'll get an email Saturday morning, my biggest concern is that it will be much more limited and sell out quickly online.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Maybe you don’t understand what record store day is.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Maybe you don’t understand what record store day is.
    Lay off the attitude.
    You explain just it like it is a pretty big deal.
    Not really.  You're complaining like it's going to seriously effect your life.  Just go buy it Saturday at a record store.  Wait until Monday to see if any record stores online will ship it to you.
    Or wait for the ten club info.
    It's pretty simple really.
    Stuff can be unnecessary stupid and eye-rollingly fan-unfriendly without affecting ones life forever. It's pretty simple really.
    edited April 2019
    kramer73 said:
    You're the one who started the post, lol.  If the Ten Club doesn't respond to your emails, do you really think they'll respond to you here?
    Where have I stated I expect to be responded to?
    edited April 2019
    hihobibo said:
    I don't know the answer, (but assuming that it is never), but when has 10 Club ever sold something that was not equal to, or better, than what is available to the masses? I have not seen a "Target" edition of an album with bonus tracks, or an Amazon version of one of the books with extras in it. 

So go with the assumption that if you wait it will be just as good as going to a store. Unless you collect everything PJ then you can get both.
    1. As proven by the big thread on the subject of RSD, not everything tenclub claim to put up in the shop arrive there. And not everything they promises comes to be. There have been plenty of occurrences of this through the years.

2. I live in Sweden. The shipping from tenclub often kill us europeans to begin with. Then we will also be struck with custom charges etc. Yes, I know what you are thinking hihobibo - they have a European shop for us Europeans, but no having a european show for Pearl Jam is no guarantee at all something will show up there. So you see, "being better" is a relative term - and when having to pay ALOT FUCKING MORE than the US fans for the stuff from the shop - then just the assumption of it being "better" in the loose sense is not, to me, really enough. Being better is relative, as I've stated and it's . a much bigger leap of faith in context of all the extra money having to be spent for the product then for people in the US.
    And all the defense of the tenclub communication breakdown in this instance surprises me. But I guess someone will always defend something, for whatever weird reason.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    And all the defense of the tenclub communication breakdown in this instance surprises me. But I guess someone will always defend something, for whatever weird reason.
    I equate it to them not announcing a show at a festival before the festival announces the lineup. That’s just my take.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited April 2019
    deadendp said:
    It's just stuff. 

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I guess I don't understand why they need to tell us what the 10c version is gonna be (its most likely just gonna be a variant of vinyl color). this weekend is about going to the store. 

I guess I don't understand why they need to tell us what the 10c version is gonna be (its most likely just gonna be a variant of vinyl color). this weekend is about going to the store. 

Then give it another thought.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Dude, just chill. As it’s been said before, they’re the ambassadors.  It would be super messed up if they announced something so that folks would buy a version from the web instead of going to their local store.  It’s called record store day for that very reason.  Nobody cares that you’ll have to pay more or less than anyone wlse, that’s nothing new.  If you want it, you’ll find a way to get it.  It’s just stuff, calm
    yourself.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350

Then give it another thought.
    I guess you're going to have to make a big boy decision without someone having to hold your hand through it.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center