Options

Happy 4/3/94 Day!

on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
My favorite boot of all time.  =)

https://youtu.be/THpd4Q5Fzkw
1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    BSE!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    25 years ago, crazy. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,741
    Vault 9 vinyl release should be this one.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2019

demetrios said:
    Vault 9 vinyl release should be this one.

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    amazing that this was 25 years ago. I remember being home on spring break with my ear up to my parents stereo speaker and freaking out when the tape stopped recording for me to flip it over during a song
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 921
    Lord Jesus. Eddie kicks the shite out of his mic that night. My all time number 1 bootleg.  The way eddie sings glorified g. Imo best ever betterman an indifference. Its The perfect gig.  If a friend of mine asks 'what are pearl jam like live?'. I always give this over. And the fact we Have zero pictures from it adds to the greatness.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,910
    Still think its the definitive version of Satan's Bed. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,122
    I was manning my stereo in Atlanta making sure I was there to change the tapes while I made a recording. Such an amazing show and my first boot!

in retrospect I have no idea why I did not try for tickets.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Easter Sunday night. Remember taping off the radio. And then trying to guess the titles of the songs that were previously unreleased to label the cassette track list. Guessed right on Whipping and Better Man. To this day the tape has "Already in Love" listed as title for Satan's bed. Played it in the car stereo endlessly. Got a CD version of the show from WBCN some time later.
    Listening to this that night got me salivating for what was to come a week later when I saw them on 4/10, 4/11 & 4/12.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,445
    My all time favorite show.  WMA with Kings X.  I say this every year or almost every year on this forum but the banter with Ed like "we'll all be on the stools, you'll be on the stools" and "there were no sponsors.  There are no fucking sponsors."  It's hard to explain to non fans, but there was just something magical about this particular concert and the vibe and the "it" factor when it played on the radio that night and even to this day.  Poncier, I was lucky to get the WBCN CDs too (both red) from a buddy and I still have them somewhere.  Satan's Bed, Betterman, just a lot of great songs and passion in this concert.

Has any video ever emerged from this show?  Would that be considered the "Holy Grail" of video that hasn't surfaced?  A lot of great memories from that show and I, along with many were scrambling that night to find blank audio tapes to record the show and flipping the tapes over at the right time.  We need more radio live concerts.

Thanks for the memories.  Happy 25 years to Atlanta 94!

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    Still think its the definitive version of Satan's Bed. 
    Agreed. Love that version. Lots of blistering versions on this one. Probably my most played bootleg next to Melbourne '95.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited April 2019
    amazing that this was 25 years ago. I remember being home on spring break with my ear up to my parents stereo speaker and freaking out when the tape stopped recording for me to flip it over during a song
    ^^This. So funny!! Great time for the band and fans!
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    Ditto!  Little did I know at the time I’d be seeing them in NY two weeks later!  Must plan a 25 year 4/17/94 first pj show anniversary celebration!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,910
    Does Ed have a vocal affectation during this show? Or is it just me or the recording?

• Options
    Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 313
    My all time favorite show.  WMA with Kings X.  I say this every year or almost every year on this forum but the banter with Ed like "we'll all be on the stools, you'll be on the stools" and "there were no sponsors.  There are no fucking sponsors."  It's hard to explain to non fans, but there was just something magical about this particular concert and the vibe and the "it" factor when it played on the radio that night and even to this day.  Poncier, I was lucky to get the WBCN CDs too (both red) from a buddy and I still have them somewhere.  Satan's Bed, Betterman, just a lot of great songs and passion in this concert.

Has any video ever emerged from this show?  Would that be considered the "Holy Grail" of video that hasn't surfaced?  A lot of great memories from that show and I, along with many were scrambling that night to find blank audio tapes to record the show and flipping the tapes over at the right time.  We need more radio live concerts.

Thanks for the memories.  Happy 25 years to Atlanta 94!

Well said! So many of us have special memories of that night. It's funny that we were all scrambling to flip tapes :) I remember struggling to get away from Easter obligations as often as I could to listen while it was happening. The whole thing was magic. The timing in their career, the performance, the excitement around the radio broadcast, all of it. 
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 992
    If my memory serves me correct this is my first listen to them live
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Around the same time I came across a VHS of the "shoes for my friends" show. I watched it every day for a while..fun times!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    Wma31394 said:
    Around the same time I came across a VHS of the "shoes for my friends" show. I watched it every day for a while..fun times!
    Indio! Epic show :rock_on:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    This version of Indifference is still the best and sets the bar for every other version out there.

Love the whole concert though.

Side note, I never looked in my text book to see the importance of this date... tsk, tsk...
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    This version of Indifference is still the best and sets the bar for every other version out there.

Love the whole concert though.

Side note, I never looked in my text book to see the importance of this date... tsk, tsk...
    MLK :(