Options

Both a Guns N' Roses and a Pearl Jam album in 2020

2»

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    Pearl Jam
    Never understood why people like GNR so much.
    appetite for destruction probably has something to do with it.
    Makes me even more confused, lol.
    Appetite for destruction is in my mind of the greatest Debut albums ever made. Well up there with Ten and RATM
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Guns N Roses
    that 4/9/92 show SandyRavage posted is amazing.  agree, arguable the greatest debut album ever. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,012
    that 4/9/92 show SandyRavage posted is amazing.  agree, arguable the greatest debut album ever. 
    Have you seen the Saskatoon 93 show?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Guns N Roses
    youtube? i'm gonna smoke a big doober and check it out.
  • Options
    youtube? i'm gonna smoke a big doober and check it out.
    Doubt it's on there. GnR raids and takes down a lot on youtube.

But it leaked last year in what I read is excellent video and audio quality. I have only listened to bits and pieces of the audio.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I always thought GNR was a cool mix of the Stones and punk rock.  

U really never knew if one of their stadium shows would end in a riot or just be a good show.  Its kind of cool when rock bands can be dangerous like that.  

Weird thread but Axl was a huge PJ fan.   
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Guns N Roses
    which will rock harder? to me, that's an easy answer, despite my obvious biases. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Guns N Roses
    cut to 22:30 of the '92 show, axl gets slash on the ol' tap the opposite shoulder trick.... 

and 34:45-45:30 is wonderful.

agree hugh.  i dont see how anyone can honestly think a pearl jam album is going to "rock" more than a guns album.  
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    Guns N Roses
    Love him or hate him, Axl is one of the greatest frontmen ever. Never boring to watch. Always amazed me how he counld run from one end of a stadium stage with side walkways to the other while belting out the lyrics. GNR & PJ are my 2 favourite bands. Called my fantasy football team Guns n' Jam. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Guns N Roses
    I spent $600 on tickets for GNR for my wife's birthday on the Not In This Lifetime Tour. it was one fantastic show. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Honestly, hope both albums kick ass equally 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Guns N Roses
    I spent $600 on tickets for GNR for my wife's birthday on the Not In This Lifetime Tour. it was one fantastic show. 
    yup, i did it twice.  saw them in a stadium in summer, went back to the arena show in the fall. and if both bands were playing tonight, same distance from me, i would most likely go to guns tonight. 
  • Options
    Guns N Roses
    fuck. one show away from the one I was at. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    That's a lot... I think the tickets were 70-80 dollars here in Gothenburg last summer.

https://youtu.be/xBnmhoGw5RA
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Pearl Jam
    I think we can all agree that Ed has aged better than Axl. Lol
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    He should play like 45 min shorter shows (for his voice) and stop wearing his weird clothes/costume that he changes at the show like he's Lady Gaga...

But he was pretty amazing in 2006:

https://youtu.be/50pTphe0AZY
  • Options
    Guns N Roses
    He should play like 45 min shorter shows (for his voice) and stop wearing his weird clothes/costume that he changes at the show like he's Lady Gaga...

But he was pretty amazing in 2006:

https://youtu.be/50pTphe0AZY
    agreed. when I saw Axl & Co in 2006, he was in tip top shape, both physically and voice-wise. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    Pearl Jam
    If i would have saw GNR in 2006/07 i would not have been disappointed at all.. 

funny how all the Axl haters disappear once you give them a reason why you like the band... 

even funnier that 5 years ago the Axl haters would have out-weighed the people who were actually praising this band 
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Pearl Jam
    I love Axl and GNR are my all time bucket list active  band but some of the pics of Axl now are rough. Maybe it’s the angle but he is without a doubt one of the best frontmen to grace a stage. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159

funny how all the Axl haters disappear once you give them a reason why you like the band... 

even funnier that 5 years ago the Axl haters would have out-weighed the people who were actually praising this band 
    I think my first Guns N' Replacements show was 2006 in Edmonton.   He was still doing the "starting late" thing, but because he was consistent I made sure I had the day off after from work, and the city of edmonton left the LRT (public transit train) operating late to take people home after the show.

The show itself was amazing.   I had an insanely great time.  So much so, that when I saw the reformed line up in 2016 (which was also amazing), that I'm not sure which was the better show :)
  • Options
    Guns N Roses
    Zod said:

I think my first Guns N' Replacements show was 2006 in Edmonton.   He was still doing the "starting late" thing, but because he was consistent I made sure I had the day off after from work, and the city of edmonton left the LRT (public transit train) operating late to take people home after the show.

The show itself was amazing.   I had an insanely great time.  So much so, that when I saw the reformed line up in 2016 (which was also amazing), that I'm not sure which was the better show :)
    the funny thing about his going on at midnight in 2006 wasn't that he was starting late, at least not in winnipeg. he had 4 or 5 opening bands, and Sebastian Bach finished his set at about 11:20 or 11:30, so Axl going on at midnight was not at all a stretch. did it make for a long night? absolutely. got home at 3am. But it wasn't his typical "going on late thing". I recall in 91 we waited a good couple hours or more between opener and GNR. 

Guns N' Replacements. That's awesome. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com