The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    mickeyrat said:
    meanwhile.....

wow. this alone would make me vote for him. 
    That dude is sharp.  That's the exact discussion that needs to be on Fox News.  Right wingers are too used to hearing one side of the issue and left wingers are not good at describing their positions.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    mickeyrat said:
    meanwhile.....

wow. this alone would make me vote for him. 
    That dude is sharp.  That's the exact discussion that needs to be on Fox News.  Right wingers are too used to hearing one side of the issue and left wingers are not good at describing their positions.
    I agree and like Pete Buddha but I don’t think “middle America” is ready for a First Gentleman of either gender POTUS. But Pete is articulate and possesses the ability to communicate complex issues so knuckleheads can understand. I’m afraid they won’t give him the chance or listen to him because of his sexuality. A shame really.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited August 2019
    I have one thing to say about/to the blunders and gaffes coalition. :)
    Covfefe

I will vote for Joe Biden for his experience and I believe he can do a lot towards righting this ship. His VP choice will be important to me also... because of his age but also for a younger POV and advice. 
    Anyway, that's where I am right now. 
    Have a great weekend, all. 

Falling down,...not staying down
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Kat said:
    I have one thing to say about/to the blunders and gaffes coalition. :)
    Covfefe

I will vote for Joe Biden for his experience and I believe he can do a lot towards righting this ship. His VP choice will be important to me also... because of his age but also for a younger POV and advice. 
    Anyway, that's where I am right now. 
    Have a great weekend, all. 

+1
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Any chance Biden would pick Pete as his vp?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    watched part of Joe Rogan's podcast last night Bernie Sanders. God that guy needs some personality. he sounded like a low talking old curmudgeonish college professor. pretty hard to win the presidency or even the nom when your personality is flat lined. 
    but he used his inside voice. was a nice change of pace. I dont like being yelled at .....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • watched part of Joe Rogan's podcast last night Bernie Sanders. God that guy needs some personality. he sounded like a low talking old curmudgeonish college professor. pretty hard to win the presidency or even the nom when your personality is flat lined. 
    Naw... not true. The warmth can not be missed.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2019

“You don’t have to do this, Joe, you really don’t,” Obama told Biden earlier this year, according to a Times source, prior to the former senator jumping into the crowded Democratic primary field. According to the Times, “Mr. Biden — who thinks he could have defeated Donald Trump four years ago — responded by telling Mr. Obama he could never forgive himself if he turned down a second shot at Mr. Trump.”

The Times also reported that Obama met with top Biden advisers in March and, according to the sources, requested that the ex-veep’s team do what they can so that Biden does not “embarrass himself” or “damage his legacy.”

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any chance Biden would pick Pete as his vp?
    That would be my preferred ticket. I suggested it here after the last debate and most disagreed and thought Harris would be a better running-mate for Biden (or at least a more probable running-mate). I don't like Harris so I hope that's not the case. I do like Pete though. And him versus Pence in a debate would be awesome. The two guys couldn't be more different, and there's a history between them from Indiana politics.  
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    All of the talk about who is "electable" and "who is America ready for" really disturbs me. When I go into the voting booth, I think about whom my conscience can support as POTUS.  Who best represents my values?  Who is best equipped to address the issues I care about? I'm not ready to answer thst question yet, nor do I even know yet who will be on my ballot in my state. I can love whomever I want as a current candidate but if she/he can't get on my state's ballot, my feelings won't matter in late winter/spring 2020.

So far I admire, in no particular order:
    1. The experience and good heart of Joe Biden
    2. The tenacity and the brains of Kamala Harris
    3. The passionate scrappiness of Elizabeth Warren.
    4. The genuine character and policy chops  of Pete Buttigieg
    5. The practicality of John Delaney
    6. The philosophical underpinnings of Marianne Williamson 
    7. The fire of Beto O'Rourke whom i predict will see a post El Paso bump
    8. The foreign policy of Hawaiian girl

I just don't know yet. We'll see next Februsru (March?) who's on my state's  ballot. all.t I'm betting on these 25% with more weight going to some than others, for sure. 
    edited August 2019
    All of the talk about who is "electable" and "who is America ready for" really disturbs me. When I go into the voting booth, I think about whom my conscience can support as POTUS.  Who best represents my values?  Who is best equipped to address the issues I care about? I'm not ready to answer thst question yet, nor do I even know yet who will be on my ballot in my state. I can love whomever I want as a current candidate but if she/he can't get on my state's ballot, my feelings won't matter in late winter/spring 2020.

I just don't know yet. We'll see next Februsru (March?) who's on my state's  ballot. all.t I'm betting on these 25% with more weight going to some than others, for sure. 
      Hawaiian girl? afford her the respect she's earned to learn her name. Tulsi Gabbard
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

Hawaiian girl? afford her the respect she's earned to learn her name. Tulsi Gabbard

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mickeyrat said:

how about thats been addressed already.

oh btw page 85

• Sen. Bernard Sanders‘ top advisers on Monday said he had become the Rodney Dangerfield of the 2020 Democratic race: He doesn’t get any respect.

They accused major news outlets of ignoring Mr. Sanders‘ postdebate surge and instead peddled stories that his campaign is waning.

“The headlines that Bernie’s campaign is in free fall or is falling apart could not be further from the truth,” Sanders campaign pollster Ben Tulchin said in a conference call with reporters.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/12/sanders-campaign-bucks-bernie-write-claims-he-has-/

mickeyrat said:

Thank you for helping me remember her name. At 3 in the morning after a bottle of wine I was having a little trouble with the fog . . . and apparently typing was a challenge too. Calm down.  I meant no disrespect. 
    The next time someone calls Marianne Williamson the spirit rock lady instead of using her name, I'll remember to get outraged.

Sen. Bernard Sanders‘ top advisers on Monday said he had become the Rodney Dangerfield of the 2020 Democratic race: He doesn’t get any respect.

They accused major news outlets of ignoring Mr. Sanders‘ postdebate surge and instead peddled stories that his campaign is waning.

“The headlines that Bernie’s campaign is in free fall or is falling apart could not be further from the truth,” Sanders campaign pollster Ben Tulchin said in a conference call with reporters.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/12/sanders-campaign-bucks-bernie-write-claims-he-has-/

fucking insult to Rodney....

Complaining about the media is a go to 'schtick' for the Sanders campaign.  Maybe he is like Rodney.  
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mrussel1 said:
    Complaining about the media is a go to 'schtick' for the Sanders campaign.  Maybe he is like Rodney.  
    I’m tired of his bullshit complaining and whining. It’s his entire campaign and platform.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mickeyrat said:

Joe/Tulsi 2020

I like the sound of that!
    I think Tulsi is a candidate for VP.  I don't know enough about her as to whether she has the depth of understanding of issues yet.  I just haven't seen enough.  She would need some serious vetting.  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mrussel1 said:
    I think Tulsi is a candidate for VP.  I don't know enough about her as to whether she has the depth of understanding of issues yet.  I just haven't seen enough.  She would need some serious vetting.  

Depth of issues lol. That sounds so old world, pre trump universe. 

mrussel1 said:

Depth of issues lol. That sounds so old world, pre trump universe. 

Sadly,  I suppose you're right.  
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

POLLERCOASTER 2020: HOW TO WIN WISCONSIN

https://crooked.com/articles/pollercoaster-2020-wisconsin/

The poll referenced.

https://www.changeresearch.com/crooked-change-wisconsin-aug-2019

Interesting stuff in here.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    The next time someone calls Marianne Williamson the spirit rock lady instead of using her name, I'll remember to get outraged.
    She has no chance at all of becoming president in 2020 but I sure do like here.  She's smart, compassionate, committed to her beliefs and I think it's cool that she adds some good soulful spirituality to the mix.  Much respect for her.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    She has no chance at all of becoming president in 2020 but I sure do like here.  She's smart, compassionate, committed to her beliefs and I think it's cool that she adds some good soulful spirituality to the mix.  Much respect for her.

Presidential candidate Marianne Williamson told AIDS patients that sickness is ‘an illusion’

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/08/03/presidential-candidate-marianne-williamson-told-aids-patients-sickness-is-an-illusion/

• Sanders Unveils Plan to End Cash Bail, Ban Private Prisons, and 'Fundamentally Transform' US Criminal Justice System

To remedy this dysfunctional and devastating system, Sanders' platform—detailed on his website—calls for:

• A ban on private prisons as part of a broader effort to "end profiteering in our criminal justice system";
    • An end to cash bail, which traps poor Americans in a cycle of debt;
    • Halting excessive sentencing "with the goal of cutting the incarcerated population in half";
    • Transformation of policing by ensuring oversight and accountability for law enforcement, banning use facial recognition software by law enforcement, and ending "programs that provide military equipment to local police";
    • Abolishing the death penalty;
    • Legalization of marijuana and erasure of past marijuana convictions; and
    • An end to the criminalization of addiction by funding adequate treatment for those addicted to opioids.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/18/sanders-unveils-plan-end-cash-bail-ban-private-prisons-and-fundamentally-transform

Sanders - at least trying to bring the US into the 21th century and inline with countries that actually work. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:

Presidential candidate Marianne Williamson told AIDS patients that sickness is ‘an illusion’

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/08/03/presidential-candidate-marianne-williamson-told-aids-patients-sickness-is-an-illusion/

That was a rather dumb thing for her to say but I believe that statement was made in 1980.  Also, she has a large amount of support from the LGBTQ community.

Anyway, I think I'm done with forums for the day.  It seems like here and elsewhere a lot of people ares in a contentious mood.  Say  one thing, someone else refutes it.  It's not just about you S_C, it's all over the internet today.   I know it's the norm for on-line forums, but today I have no desire for it. 

Have a nice Sunday all, I'm outta here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.