Options

Eddie Vedder to Headline Ohana Fest

13»

Comments

• Options
    I will be taking a day off of teaching flying into Los Angeles and driving to Ohana Festival just to see Eddie with my sister. I can't wait.

• Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226

A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    I have an extra Sunday Shuttle ticket (only shuttle not show).  Selling at cost ($10).  PM me if interested.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    AT302834AT302834 San Diego Posts: 39

Just a heads up. As of now weather is predicting for AM showers on Saturday (40%). Rain in southern California this time of year is rare and hopefully turns out to be nothing. Certainly looks to be cooler than previous years. Dress accordingly and have a great weekend. 

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,420
    AT302834 said:

Just a heads up. As of now weather is predicting for AM showers on Saturday (40%). Rain in southern California this time of year is rare and hopefully turns out to be nothing. Certainly looks to be cooler than previous years. Dress accordingly and have a great weekend. 

Weather report calls for a high of 70 and a low of 61.  It gets pretty cool once the sun goes down.  Last year, I had to buy a hoodie to keep warm.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,213
    I am so excited for all those who are going to get to go to Ohana this year. We had so much fun last year. It is everything that a music festival should be. Some great acts on the bill this year - too many to name. Saturday seems especially stacked, to me at least. Suitable venue for Incubus, who I really like and have never seen live. And the RHCP are on fire right now. If you only got a one day pass and weren’t planning on going on Sunday, find a spot in the sand outside the fences. Sound is great from there and we even had a sightline of the main stage from there last year.
    Didn't even consider that for Sunday. Thanks for the tip! Only going to Saturday and really excited for a great day of music, sun and sand! 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Nice interview with Brandon Boyd of Incubus regarding Ohana and Eddie.  The editing room got a little overzealous but good stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5JuYSnVFo3g
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    demetrios said:
    Very cool!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Eddie came out with Glen and played Smile. It was awesome!
  • Options
    Hoping for Eddie to sing on Aqueous Transmission 
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226

A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    RHCP did a nice tribute to Ric Ocasek tonight. 
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    tbergs said:
    RHCP did a nice tribute to Ric Ocasek tonight. 
    Wow! That was awesome! Anthony has really developed a wide vocal range over the last number of years.
  • Options
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Hell of a show, EV was a little rusty, but it was a great show.  He played it off well.  It was nice and chilly, the waves were crashing, people were surfing.  Once again, bravo! 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    Eddie and family with Lana Del Rey. I bet his daughters were stoked.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Very cool shecky!  Too bad LDR didn't jump on stage w/ Ed. Great pic looks like you had a nice time as well. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    PSUS2H said:
    Very cool shecky!  Too bad LDR didn't jump on stage w/ Ed. Great pic looks like you had a nice time as well. 
    Thanks but it's not my photo - I found it over on LDR's page. I wasn't fortunate enough to be there either. I wonder if Jill allows her daughters, at least the youngest one, to listen to Lana since she drops the f-bomb so much in her songs. It's not only in the TITLE of her latest album (which is fantastic, if you haven't heard it yet) but is also the FIFTH word of the very FIRST song and she doesn't stop using it for the rest of the album, ha ha!
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Eddie singing juicebox with the Strokes was bonkers!
  • Options
    Cool group pic ^^^^

Always cool to see Cornell’s daughter having a great time.  Great singer in her own right. 
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    demetrios said:
    Good Gawd that was the perfect progression.

You nailed it @demetrios.  RHCP rockin it with a happy Ed. And then Lukas Nelson..dayumm. Such an incredible artist and he kind of reminds me so much of Shannon Hoon. Then we had that tribal Jack that just gets me worked up. Coupled with the crazy J -Hof sideways vibes and throw in some EV. Seems like it was one of the best Ohana Fests.
  • Options
    That Lukas/Ed video was amazing