Options

The Americans bad diet is wiping out Canadian forest

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    Another unnecessary waste of resources.  There are alternatives like making tp from recycled  paper or hemp.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    edited March 2019
    and bidets

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I can't imagine that cushy TP would offset the positive impact of the demise of the newspaper industry.  
  • Options
    According to the report it is because we evil Americans no longer decide to use corncobs to wipe our butt.  Tis a pity.  If it is between using a corncob to wipe my butt or the complete destruction of Canadian forests ... so sorry, Canada!  
  • Options
    I installed a bidet a few years ago.  Best $25 I've spent.  It did cut my TP use back significantly, but even better it eliminates the chance of acquiring "wolf's ass" which can put a damper on the rest of your day.  
  • Options
    Well, could some of you Americans at least make fewer trips to Taco Bell to help out...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Bless you, Jason.  “Wolf’s ass” :rofl:
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Do Canadians really use their bare hands? I heard this before. 
  • Options
    Do Canadians really use their bare hands? I heard this before. 
    Yes, igloo storage is limited, so we do waste storage on TP...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,105
    brianlux said:
    Another unnecessary waste of resources.  There are alternatives like making tp from recycled  paper or hemp.
    This coming from the guy that sells paper books instead of reading digitally! 

I'll keep my tp thank you.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Books can also be made from Hemp...and you generally don't flush books down the toilet after 1 use...but then maybe you recycle your TP...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    What does wanting something smooth on your ass have to do with bad diet?

• Options
    That really needs to be explained...LMFAO
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    You should go to India.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    "Wiping" out Canadian forest

Lol
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    You should go to India.
    I'm not in the mood to get nuked.  Besides, I have no interest in travelling to that part of the world...I've seen enough videos to know that I appreciate functioning lungs.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    edited March 2019
    eddiec said:

with a good diet you barely need to wipe your ass.

Taco Bell v anything else
  • Options
    Books can also be made from Hemp...and you generally don't flush books down the toilet after 1 use...but then maybe you recycle your TP...

Right.  You store them.  On bookshelves. Made from WOOD!!! ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    eddiec said:

Say what? Lol
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited March 2019
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    eddiec said:

Say what? Lol
    Yeah...um...don’t most good diets consist of high fiber intake?  “smelly man” indeed!
  • Options
    Smelly man lol
  • Options
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I only sell used books so you could say that I recycle in a big way.   And I do not sell junk mass market bullshit best sellers.   And many books today are printed on recycled paper. 

And just how environmentally friendly is reading digitally?  You do know how these electronic devices we (yes WE includes me) use are awful for the environment, right?  And besides, when people say they are "green", I'm curious as to how may kids they have had.  Me?  None.  That's as green as it gets.

Now say something funny to make me laugh because I work very fucking hard for the small income I make doing what I do and I get THIS pissed off when people attack my work.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I only sell used books so you could say that I recycle in a big way.   And I do not sell junk mass market bullshit best sellers.   And many books today are printed on recycled paper. 

And just how environmentally friendly is reading digitally?  You do know how these electronic devices we (yes WE includes me) use are awful for the environment, right?  And besides, when people say they are "green", I'm curious as to how may kids they have had.  Me?  None.  That's as green as it gets.

Now say something funny to make me laugh because I work very fucking hard for the small income I make doing what I do and I get THIS pissed off when people attack my work.

It pissed you off that I said you sell books?  I'm attacking your work?  Sheesh. You really took that the wrong way my friend.

And you are right. no books and no digital reading either!!!!

Oh and by the way...this thread is attacking my work. ;)

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I believe a lot of people store their digital books in cloud storage, that cloud storage uses tremendous resources, does it not?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Something funny to make me laugh!  ;)
  • Options
    I believe a lot of people store their digital books in cloud storage, that cloud storage uses tremendous resources, does it not?
    Well my joke to Brian is getting this off topic.  But I believe the research I read was that if someone read 50 books on a e-reader during it's life cycle than you were ahead environmentally.  Lots of water used in the paper making industry.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Well my joke to Brian is getting this off topic.  But I believe the research I read was that if someone read 50 books on a e-reader during it's life cycle than you were ahead environmentally.  Lots of water used in the paper making industry.
    That's interesting. I do not disagree that making paper uses tremendous resources, which is why we need to switch to hemp.  I do think a lot of those cloud storage/data centres are powered by solar...I'm not a 100%.  I am not giving up my TP.  By the way, the way things work in Canada, I would not be shocked that we buy our paper from China made from trees from Brazil.  After all, we have more than enough oil and gas that we do not need to import, but we do...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    A well cared for book printed on recycled acid free paper will outlast several e-readers.  I have a book that was printed in 1688 called Pené es De M. Pascal sur la Religion, et Sur QuelQues Autres Sujets (Thoughts of M. Pascal on Religion and on Some Other Subjects) that is still readable (to anyone who can read French and Latin). And it's not even printed on acid-free paper.

How many e-readers will still be working in 331 years?

Thank you, I rest my case.

(And my apologies, Cincy, if I took your post wrong.)

• Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    I'm not your buddy, guy!  I'm not your friend, buddy!
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14