Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Led Zeppelin's 'Led Zeppelin IV' Round 3

13»

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Black Dog
    I just need six more people to vote for "Stairway to Heaven." If I had time, I'd start a petition.

Everyone who voted "Going to California" must know that it's way more solid of a track than "Stairway to Heaven." Plus, they didn't steal it from another band (or at least they weren't caught; you never can tell with Jimmy Plage).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    Stairway To Heaven
    dankind said:
    I just need six more people to vote for "Stairway to Heaven." If I had time, I'd start a petition.

Everyone who voted "Going to California" must know that it's way more solid of a track than "Stairway to Heaven." Plus, they didn't steal it from another band (or at least they weren't caught; you never can tell with Jimmy Plage).
    STH is really an amazing song... but it is one of the most overplayed songs in the history of music. I think some people find it next to unlistenable just because of that. I know that's why I've chosen it in this round. But man, back in the day, when I wasn't old enough for it to have been overplayed in my life, I basically worshiped it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
    Going to California
    Going to California again in this round. Can't get on board with some of the hate for Black Dog here. Classic tune, and one of Jimmy's best solos.

Zeppelin is still unsurpassed as a rock band, in my eyes.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Black Dog
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

STH is really an amazing song... but it is one of the most overplayed songs in the history of music. I think some people find it next to unlistenable just because of that. I know that's why I've chosen it in this round. But man, back in the day, when I wasn't old enough for it to have been overplayed in my life, I basically worshiped it.
    Fuck yeah, you haven't lived if you haven't danced and thrashed around a kitchen with friends to this song in the throes of a deep buzz.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Going to California
    This poll has closed.
This discussion has been closed.