jeff on chris and recording

1235»

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    jeffbr said:
    2 active threads on the elusive (but apparently forthcoming! lol) album have been closed this morning. Hopefully one can stay open where it can be discussed.
    I'm betting Jeff and Stone have been wanting to record for a while. Not just late 2018 as you claim. Jeff ended up putting out a solo record. He does that when he accumulates a lot of ideas and demos and songs that aren't accepted by the PJ team. So Jeff was clearly writing and getting ideas out there, only to have them rejected, I guess. So I wouldn't belittle Jeff's efforts or statements about wanting to record. I know for me it is obvious who the bottleneck is in the band.
    Yeah I don;t understand why they were closed.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    Holy shit. Why were those threads closed!!?? What a joke. Was anything even said that was bad? Insane. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    edited January 2019
    What I like about this board the most is what a mine field it is where threads can be closed etc without anyone knowing why or what rules that has been broken.

It's turning into an Agatha Christie novel. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    What I like about this board the most is what a mine field it is where threads can be closed etc without anyone knowing why or what rules that has been broken.

There were multiple threads talking about the same thing. This isn't hard to figure out.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    edited January 2019
    RP112579 said:

There were multiple threads talking about the same thing. This isn't hard to figure out.
    That is not the reason Sea gave for closing the threads. So you actually need to try a bit harder to figure things out.

Like in an Agatha Christie novel.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    I find it interesting (and thankful) that it's Jeff and Stone pushing to get into the studio.   I've had a feeling that those two were the uninterested two when it came to PJ.   I think Ed is at a point in his family life that it's more about his kids than anything else which is completely natural and he should be.   Really the only thing that bugs me about this article is that Can't Deny Me was the star tack out of everything they have done so far.....
    I'd assume those kids would go to school...leaving a solid 8 hours a day to record ;)
    yea i've often wondered what artists like this do with all their time. they don't work a regular job so what the hell occupies their time each day? if they aren't creating do they sit around watching cartoons?  
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    jeffbr said:
    2 active threads on the elusive (but apparently forthcoming! lol) album have been closed this morning. Hopefully one can stay open where it can be discussed.
    I'm betting Jeff and Stone have been wanting to record for a while. Not just late 2018 as you claim. Jeff ended up putting out a solo record. He does that when he accumulates a lot of ideas and demos and songs that aren't accepted by the PJ team. So Jeff was clearly writing and getting ideas out there, only to have them rejected, I guess. So I wouldn't belittle Jeff's efforts or statements about wanting to record. I know for me it is obvious who the bottleneck is in the band.
    It's cute that you think how Jeff's writing and recording is laid out. He's so frustrated by having so many ideas REJECTED by PJ (you clearly mean Ed) that he had to go record and release his own record! Poor Jeff, he's been banging down Ed's door to record for five years and Ed keeps saying no!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    RP112579 said:
    jeffbr said:
    It's cute that you think how Jeff's writing and recording is laid out. He's so frustrated by having so many ideas REJECTED by PJ (you clearly mean Ed) that he had to go record and release his own record! Poor Jeff, he's been banging down Ed's door to record for five years and Ed keeps saying no!
    You must not have read Jeff’s interview, because he almost said all this stuff word for word minus the Ed comment.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    RP112579 said:
    jeffbr said:
    Just observing production output (or lack thereof) and reading what is in interviews. It's cute that you ignore the reality of the situation. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    RP112579 said:
    jeffbr said:
    You must not have read Jeff’s interview, because he almost said all this stuff word for word minus the Ed comment.
    Yup.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 873
    RP112579 said:

a new thread popped up asking if there will be a tour this summer. Will it be closed? We already have the 2019 Rumor thread covering this?
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009

It's pretty simple actually. Don't talk shit about the band. You're in their house. Be respectful.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,187

It's pretty simple actually. Don't talk shit about the band. You're in their house. Be respectful.
    Who was talking shit? If by shit you mean people expressing their opinions on the band's current state of affairs based on lack of new music, multiple false start reports of a new album and the end of the vinyl single, then reality is not what they are willing to hear anymore. They can obviously do what they want. For the most part it seems a lot of people are just disappointed in a band we've all come to highly respect. Sign of the times.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635

their house? isnt this a message board we have to pay to post to?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    First rule of forum posting guidelines...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    edited January 2019
    -when Kokomo came out i remember being young and thinking “wow these guys are old!  Arent they from the 60s like the Beatles??”

-when Aerosmith got big again with “Cryin” and the other songs i had the same reaction.  

-Same with the Eagles reunion in the 90s.  Old guys making a comeback.  

At those three time periods all three of those bands were TEN YEARS YOUNGER than the members of PJ are now.  I realize your perspective on whats “old” changes but PJ is OLD for a rock band.  They’re way past normal revival/reunion age even.  I have no expectations.  Anything still to come is a bonus

Post edited by cp3iverson on
    edited January 2019
    -when Kokomo came out i remember being young and thinking “wow these guys are old!  Arent they from the 60s like the Beatles??”

-when Aerosmith got big again with “Cryin” and the other songs i had the same reaction.  

At those three time periods all three of those bands were TEN YEARS YOUNGER than the members of PJ are now.  I realize your perspective on whats “old” changes but PJ is OLD for a rock band.  They’re way past normal revival/reunion age even.  I have no expectations.  Anything still to come is a bonus

Pretty crazy when you put it in that perspective!  I love that my favorite band since my teenage years has never broken up, never took hiatus, hasn't had any tragic deaths despite being born from one (and RIP to fallen members of bands less fortunate), and has continued to make music & play 3+ hour live shows since their inception. I have absolutely enjoyed every minute of resiliency that Pearl Jam has given us and will continue to do so for years to come.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,273
    edited January 2019

I was just thinking the other day that PJ are about the same age as the Rolling Stones were when they opened for them in Oakland for 4 nights in 97. And I thought the Stones were ancient THEN
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    mr bungle said:

I was just thinking the other day that PJ are about the same age as the Rolling Stones were when they opened for them in Oakland for 4 nights in 97. And I thought the Stones were ancient THEN
    I thought the exact same thing many times. Sort of weirds me out. Stones were ancient in '97, but so is everyone else over 50 when you're in high school. 
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,273
    so true
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,311
    There are kids born in 1998 when Yield came out that are able to legally purchase alcohol. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Vedd Hedd said:
    There are kids born in 1998 when Yield came out that are able to legally purchase alcohol. 
    In 10 days this will be true.  YIKES!!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039

Same thing with Fleetwood Mac The Dance. Although Mick still looked 70 then
    I miss igotid88
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 737
    The Traveling Wilburys, as we all know, was a super group of legends who had become staples of classic rock.

Tom Petty was 38 years old when they formed. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    kaw753 said:
    The Traveling Wilburys, as we all know, was a super group of legends who had become staples of classic rock.

Tom Petty was 38 years old when they formed. 
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    We need Jack Irons!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • yield2me said:
    We need Jack Irons!

And Eddie Vedder too.  
  • yield2me said:
    We need Jack Irons!

And Eddie Vedder too.  
    And Matt Cameron.