Options

Deep Mag 2017

wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 304
Was a hard copy of Deep Magazine 2017 ever issued? If not, did we get a notice that we weren’t getting hard copies anymore?

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    :) the answer is no. They get issued at the same time as the 7" and no one has received the 2017 yet. We will get this eventually. There has been no word on whether Deep is getting stopped but Im pretty sure we will get the 2017 and 2018 that we are missing.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,835
    Let's hope they dont cancel the annual Deep magazine too. It would suck if they do.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Really? The art is nice to look at but it's a bit redundant in the internet age. No need for a printed version in my opinion. 
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    FR181798 said:
    Really? The art is nice to look at but it's a bit redundant in the internet age. No need for a printed version in my opinion. 
    To be fair, you could say the same about the records. Some people like tangible things.
  • Options
    I would have thought this would go before the single. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    Hopefully it keeps going but im guessing not. The last Deep with bits written by the band about crew members and insights from some crew past and present was fantastic. Ed signed off by saying next time he would be writing about Ms Keyes and all her years of service. Its those little bits from the band that cannot be read anywhere else that make the issues worthwhile to me. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited January 2019
    pdalowsky said:
    Hopefully it keeps going but im guessing not. The last Deep with bits written by the band about crew members and insights from some crew past and present was fantastic. Ed signed off by saying next time he would be writing about Ms Keyes and all her years of service. Its those little bits from the band that cannot be read anywhere else that make the issues worthwhile to me. 
    Yes! Also liked how some of them have been themed. Like you said, the one focusing on the crew for example.

I'd take a Deep only talking about the guitars of the band or whatever else. Get into the details of whatever. The artwork of the albums, jeffs skateparks, Eddies favorite celebrities other than Ellen.

Love the idea of the magazines being DEEP and delving into specific topics.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,786
    Keep Deep...love the one with ks collection. Picks stickers setlists...