Christmas Single's discontinued:(

1234568»

Comments

• E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    mace1229 said:
    There’s no way the price of the membership drops. I laugh every time I read that it will go down to $10-15. It’s still going to be $40 or go up. 
    I think most were saying it should, not that it would.
    i agree it should, but don’t expect it to happen. $40 for just early access to tickets at this point for a band that doesn’t tour anymore, that is ridiculous. 
    Averaging 25-30 shows a year, going to Europe, Australia, South America, the US & Canada is "a band that doesn't tour anymore?" Sure we don't get the 70 show tours we used to, but can we please stop exaggerating about the "lack" of touring?
    They haven't played in Australia for 5 years (and it was a festival) so we Aussie fans have a right to whinge imo. 
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    bummer. . .not sure what this means, doesn't seem good though
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    bummer. . .not sure what this means, doesn't seem good though
    Not all change is a bad thing.  I have faith that something good is coming.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:
    szechuan said:
    What does it mean that the other Christmas Single thread (started before the recent announcement and then turned into a similar discussion as this one) has been “closed for review”?
    Probably the GIF aimed at Tim Bierman. 
    At least our $40/year goes to a good cause.  Like keeping the police of these discussions (the administrators of the 10c) feeling important & employed.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:

in the last 10 or 12 years they’ve come to Denver once I think. It’s not a problem if you live in the pacific NW or Los Angeles or NY, 
    I agree with your overall point, but L.A. is a poor example.  As I noted above, Pearl Jam has played exactly two shows in L.A. in the last nine years (they were on consecutive nights in 2013).
    They pretty much only like Boston and Chicago these these days.  The Missoula thing was an effort to get that senator-elected out there.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://us.v-cdn.net/5021252/uploads/editor/cy/7vxub7aw9nvy.jpeg&imgrefurl=https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/274686/missoula-poster&docid=PXFY8mrZCesHsM&tbnid=uqYyyQvHOX271M:&vet=1&w=1668&h=2018&hl=en-US&source=sh/x/im

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    szechuan said:
    What does it mean that the other Christmas Single thread (started before the recent announcement and then turned into a similar discussion as this one) has been “closed for review”?
    At least our $40/year goes to a good cause.  Like keeping the police of these discussions (the administrators of the 10c) feeling important & employed.
    I think the mods here do a great job of politely moving things back on track when discussions run off the rails.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    szechuan said:
    I think the mods here do a great job of politely moving things back on track when discussions run off the rails.  
    They could merge threads together when they start an "official" thread regarding something, instead of having 2-3 parallell threads going. But yeah.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,762
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    szechuan said:
    I am sure what someone who works for this band is thinking everyday is that I can't wait to have to moderate a bunch of "adults" in an internet forum.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    szechuan said:
    I am sure what someone who works for this band is thinking everyday is that I can't wait to have to moderate a bunch of "adults" in an internet forum.  
    Thank you.  
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    No surprise here. They seemed like they were struggling to keep up with these annual singles. And there was a lot of whining about it here, so that probably didn't help.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    on2legs said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    szechuan said:
    They could merge threads together when they start an "official" thread regarding something, instead of having 2-3 parallell threads going. But yeah.
    I see them dealing with duplicate threads all the time. Especially the people who start the same post on multiple boards. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    szechuan said:

2-3 parallel threads if it isn't Eddie's birthday. Holy crap. I came to the forum that day and it seemed like half the first page was the same thread.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Ten Club missed the memo.  

"Our fan base is very important to us.  They are everything."  @MikeMcCreadyPJ #PearlJam.

They should follow Mike.
    CJ260717 said:

"Our fan base is very important to us.  They are everything."  @MikeMcCreadyPJ #PearlJam.

They should follow Mike.
    Just because they discontinued the annual single doesn't mean that the fanbase isn't important.  They are restructuring the fan club offerings. Hang tight.  All will be well.  
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Vedd Hedd said:
    mace1229 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    The 40 buck membership still allows for the yearly member gift (usually a shirt), as well a bootleg (10 bucks worth). Its still a pretty good deal, if you ask me. Id rather have a vinyl than a shirt, but if they keep the current levels, 40 bucks for shirt, bootleg, deep mag, access to member only items, the contest AND the tickets....thats still worth it to me. I'd pay 50 or 60 for a vinyl version of that. Inflation and all.  

You’re about the only one I heard who is happy with the shirt. No way without a single is it worth close to $40.
    it should be a flat $20 now, no shirt but keep the mp3 download.
    Otherwise just drop it down to $10. Many fan clubs where the only perk advance on tickets are actually free. That’s not worthy $40 if they do a full tour every year where I have a chance to see multiple shows, and that’s not happening.
    I have liked all but the most recent shirt.

But regardless, think of how much a concert shirt costs. This is a fan-club only shirt.

My point is that for 40 bucks you get a shirt, a bootleg, a magazine, use of the forums, exclusive contests, and best of all....the ticket priority. Up until now that included a vinyl. People complaining about prices need to stop.

Complaints about not getting the vinyl are valid. You paid, you should get it. But 40 bucks for all that stuff I listed, even without the vinyl, is still a good deal.

$40 for "all that stuff"?

Shirt - Every one has been much less quality in terms of material, design, and fit than ANY other shirt I've purchased from 10C that anyone can buy. Production can't be more than a couple dollars each and they're complete garbage - the 2019 design is the laziest thing they've offered yet.

Bootleg - It's a download of an already produced and readily available file, with little inherent cost, and nothing exclusive to members.

Magazine - with the exception of the recent article about the evolution of the live show recording process over the years, hasn't been anything exciting in it for a long time - mostly filler.

Forums - just about any forum I've ever used is free with an email address.

Exclusive contests - never won one. The old contests where you had to submit a piece of art or something were cool, but random draws are boring.

Ticket Priority - haven't played my city in over 12 years.

So no - for me, someone who loved the fan club single, the old sticker/patch packs, and packages that actually involved some thought and creativity - $40, $30, not even $20 is it worth it any longer.

Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,730
    Vedd Hedd said:
    mace1229 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    The 40 buck membership still allows for the yearly member gift (usually a shirt), as well a bootleg (10 bucks worth). Its still a pretty good deal, if you ask me. Id rather have a vinyl than a shirt, but if they keep the current levels, 40 bucks for shirt, bootleg, deep mag, access to member only items, the contest AND the tickets....thats still worth it to me. I'd pay 50 or 60 for a vinyl version of that. Inflation and all.  

You’re about the only one I heard who is happy with the shirt. No way without a single is it worth close to $40.
    it should be a flat $20 now, no shirt but keep the mp3 download.
    Otherwise just drop it down to $10. Many fan clubs where the only perk advance on tickets are actually free. That’s not worthy $40 if they do a full tour every year where I have a chance to see multiple shows, and that’s not happening.
    I have liked all but the most recent shirt.

But regardless, think of how much a concert shirt costs. This is a fan-club only shirt.

My point is that for 40 bucks you get a shirt, a bootleg, a magazine, use of the forums, exclusive contests, and best of all....the ticket priority. Up until now that included a vinyl. People complaining about prices need to stop.

Complaints about not getting the vinyl are valid. You paid, you should get it. But 40 bucks for all that stuff I listed, even without the vinyl, is still a good deal.

$40 for "all that stuff"?

Shirt - Every one has been much less quality in terms of material, design, and fit than ANY other shirt I've purchased from 10C that anyone can buy. Production can't be more than a couple dollars each and they're complete garbage - the 2019 design is the laziest thing they've offered yet.

Bootleg - It's a download of an already produced and readily available file, with little inherent cost, and nothing exclusive to members.

Magazine - with the exception of the recent article about the evolution of the live show recording process over the years, hasn't been anything exciting in it for a long time - mostly filler.

Forums - just about any forum I've ever used is free with an email address.

Exclusive contests - never won one. The old contests where you had to submit a piece of art or something were cool, but random draws are boring.

Ticket Priority - haven't played my city in over 12 years.

So no - for me, someone who loved the fan club single, the old sticker/patch packs, and packages that actually involved some thought and creativity - $40, $30, not even $20 is it worth it any longer.

There is a lot of truth with what you are saying here. With regards to access to tickets though that is why 99.99% of us are members. Whether they played in your city lately or not does not matter. This is a band that most 10 club members travel for and if you want to see them a lot and are unwilling to get on a plane or go for a long drive in your car to do so then maybe the 10 club membership is not for you like you hinted at at the end of your post.

I hope you get a Las Vegas show this year. I am there if and when you do.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    Of all the cities in the US, Las Vegas might be the easiest for people to travel to. Close proximity to the airport, hotels for every budget, easy to get around.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    deadendp said:
    CJ260717 said:

They should follow Mike.
    Just because they discontinued the annual single doesn't mean that the fanbase isn't important.  They are restructuring the fan club offerings. Hang tight.  All will be well. 

Hope you are right.  But if they have something else in mind about restructuring the club, they should announce the bad and then the good at the same time. It’s what smart organizations do.  The vinyl single is important to many, and to screw it up for two years is not taking fans seriously.  Then to just give up on vinyl with no plan B is also not taking (paying) fans seriously. 

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    It was a nice item to receive but I was never in any hurry to get it. 

Im in the tenc for the access to tickets only, everything else is a bonus.

I fully appreciate how membership helps when tickets go on sale. It removes so much stress from the every day ticket buying experience through shit sites like TM etc, fighting bots is as much fun as sliding down a cheese grater. 

$20/40 for that - no problem as far as I am concerned. 

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    Remember it's actually $50 for international analog members.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata