Hemp is now legal in all 50 states!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 26,014
I mentioned this in AMT but for those who are turned off to the political forums, this is beyond politics- this is great news for everyone!  Hemp is such a great plant.  It is a nitrogen fixing plant which means it's good for the soil.  It has many, many uses and can be made into many things including rope, clothing, shoes, nutritious food products, ceiling tiles and even, yes, body parts for cars and tractors! 

GLORY HALLELUJAH, HEMP IS LEGAL! 

"Love and only love will break it down"
-Neil Young
M.I.T.S.

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,932
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why was hemp illegal in any of the 50 states? It has no THC. 
  • fifefife Posts: 3,242
    bbiggs said:
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why was hemp illegal in any of the 50 states? It has no THC. 
    it was illigal because the USA is the land of the Free ;)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 26,014
    edited December 2018
    bbiggs said:
    Good question, BB.  The main reason it was kept illegal was because it would be very easy to intersperse marijuana plants that do contain high levels of THC.  Now that several states have legalized cannabis, that is probably seen as a futile issue today.

I also suspect it may have had something to do with the plastics industry not wanting competition from another source of product material.

If hemp usage proliferates the way many of us are hoping it will, this plant could provide relief from many environmental issues that have plagued the planet.  This is such amazingly good news!
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 13,156
    It's gaining popularity here in Australia.
    If you ate a lot of hemp could you get high?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • njnancynjnancy Protecting the LeveePosts: 3,896
    I buy my dog glucosamine vitamins that are made with hemp oil. I noticed a lot of the vitamins have hemp in them (the dog ones). She's a big dog so her back legs hurt her. 

I know hemp is used to make clothing but I need to read up on it to see what other uses it has. 

Happy Hemp Day Brian. :peace:  
    Maybe if you ate 10 bushels? 

LOL, no, sorry may friend, not likely!
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

njnancy said:
    I buy my dog glucosamine vitamins that are made with hemp oil. I noticed a lot of the vitamins have hemp in them (the dog ones). She's a big dog so her back legs hurt her. 

I know hemp is used to make clothing but I need to read up on it to see what other uses it has. 

Nice!   Same to you, Nancy.  :smile:

If your library has one or you're able to track down a copy Doug Fine's book Hemp Bound, he talks quite a bit about a lot of the uses for hemp.  It's astounding all the things you can do with and make out of hemp.  And it's good for the soil!  Hempallujah!
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

• njnancynjnancy Protecting the LeveePosts: 3,896
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Nice!   Same to you, Nancy.  :smile:

If your library has one or you're able to track down a copy Doug Fine's book Hemp Bound, he talks quite a bit about a lot of the uses for hemp.  It's astounding all the things you can do with and make out of hemp.  And it's good for the soil!  Hempallujah!

^^^ Wow, amazing!
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 4,335
    bbiggs said:
    The cotton lobby had a lot to do with it. 
    You can probably trace most things illegal, that make you go huh to a lobbyist.  
    Environmental and Economic Benefits of Hemp

http://www.nemeton.com/static/nemeton/axis-mutatis/hemp.html

Brian, it's odd that we were discussing hemp being banned in another thread, and boom it's legal.  Hate to say it bro, but I think Trump is 10 club member and was reading our post ... and thought to himself "that's a good idea those 2 have". lol
    The Impact of a Cotton T-Shirt
    https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/the-impact-of-a-cotton-t-shirt#

It takes 2700 litres of water to make 1 cotton shirt...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 20,235
    Nah even if you ate raw cannabis that contains THC weed has to be activated by the process of Decarboxilation ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Brian, it's odd that we were discussing hemp being banned in another thread, and boom it's legal.  Hate to say it bro, but I think Trump is 10 club member and was reading our post ... and thought to himself "that's a good idea those 2 have". lol
    You suppose it cranks "Ten" in the AM and dances in his underwear?  :tongue:
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

brianlux said:

lol
    brianlux said:

lol
    Funny, I said "it" when I meant "he".  What Freudian slip?  :lol:
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.