Hemp is now legal in all 50 states!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
I mentioned this in AMT but for those who are turned off to the political forums, this is beyond politics- this is great news for everyone!  Hemp is such a great plant.  It is a nitrogen fixing plant which means it's good for the soil.  It has many, many uses and can be made into many things including rope, clothing, shoes, nutritious food products, ceiling tiles and even, yes, body parts for cars and tractors! 

GLORY HALLELUJAH, HEMP IS LEGAL! 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why was hemp illegal in any of the 50 states? It has no THC. 
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    bbiggs said:
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why was hemp illegal in any of the 50 states? It has no THC. 
    it was illigal because the USA is the land of the Free ;)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited December 2018
    bbiggs said:
    Good question, BB.  The main reason it was kept illegal was because it would be very easy to intersperse marijuana plants that do contain high levels of THC.  Now that several states have legalized cannabis, that is probably seen as a futile issue today.

I also suspect it may have had something to do with the plastics industry not wanting competition from another source of product material.

If hemp usage proliferates the way many of us are hoping it will, this plant could provide relief from many environmental issues that have plagued the planet.  This is such amazingly good news!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    It's gaining popularity here in Australia.
    If you ate a lot of hemp could you get high?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I buy my dog glucosamine vitamins that are made with hemp oil. I noticed a lot of the vitamins have hemp in them (the dog ones). She's a big dog so her back legs hurt her. 

I know hemp is used to make clothing but I need to read up on it to see what other uses it has. 

Happy Hemp Day Brian. :peace:  
    Maybe if you ate 10 bushels? 

LOL, no, sorry may friend, not likely!

njnancy said:
    I buy my dog glucosamine vitamins that are made with hemp oil. I noticed a lot of the vitamins have hemp in them (the dog ones). She's a big dog so her back legs hurt her. 

I know hemp is used to make clothing but I need to read up on it to see what other uses it has. 

Nice!   Same to you, Nancy.  :smile:

If your library has one or you're able to track down a copy Doug Fine's book Hemp Bound, he talks quite a bit about a lot of the uses for hemp.  It's astounding all the things you can do with and make out of hemp.  And it's good for the soil!  Hempallujah!

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Nice!   Same to you, Nancy.  :smile:

If your library has one or you're able to track down a copy Doug Fine's book Hemp Bound, he talks quite a bit about a lot of the uses for hemp.  It's astounding all the things you can do with and make out of hemp.  And it's good for the soil!  Hempallujah!
    https://youtu.be/lAEXH9DAH98
    ^^^ Wow, amazing!

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    bbiggs said:
    The cotton lobby had a lot to do with it. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    You can probably trace most things illegal, that make you go huh to a lobbyist.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Environmental and Economic Benefits of Hemp

http://www.nemeton.com/static/nemeton/axis-mutatis/hemp.html

Brian, it's odd that we were discussing hemp being banned in another thread, and boom it's legal.  Hate to say it bro, but I think Trump is 10 club member and was reading our post ... and thought to himself "that's a good idea those 2 have". lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The Impact of a Cotton T-Shirt
    https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/the-impact-of-a-cotton-t-shirt#

It takes 2700 litres of water to make 1 cotton shirt...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Nah even if you ate raw cannabis that contains THC weed has to be activated by the process of Decarboxilation ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Brian, it's odd that we were discussing hemp being banned in another thread, and boom it's legal.  Hate to say it bro, but I think Trump is 10 club member and was reading our post ... and thought to himself "that's a good idea those 2 have". lol
    You suppose it cranks "Ten" in the AM and dances in his underwear?  :tongue:

brianlux said:

lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:

lol
    Funny, I said "it" when I meant "he".  What Freudian slip?  :lol:

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Hi, Hemp! Your seeds are pretty tasty. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Have you ever tried hemp bags? 
    I don't know how it's called in English but it's like Pita bread or Kebab stuffed with strips of meat, salad and garlic sauce. 
    The hemp food stalls have been on festivals around here for many years. It's so delicious you have to try it!
    kce8 said:
    I don't know how it's called in English but it's like Pita bread or Kebab stuffed with strips of meat, salad and garlic sauce. 
    The hemp food stalls have been on festivals around here for many years. It's so delicious you have to try it!
    So, the hemp is in the bread-like product, or in the meat-like product? I’ve never seen this available. 
    Thank you all for reviving the hemp thread!  So many problems can be solved by widespread hemp farming and production! 

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2019
    brianlux said:
    Thank you all for reviving the hemp thread!  So many problems can be solved by widespread hemp farming and production! 
    Cannot wait to see the agricultural community really take off with this.  Trying to convince my land owning farming family members to get into it!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2019
    So my wife's work circulated an email that employees were forbidden from taking CBD products. 

So glad I just spent a week's worth of groceries on CBD products for her migraines and anxiety.

Guess they're mine now.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    kce8 said:
    So, the hemp is in the bread-like product, or in the meat-like product? I’ve never seen this available. 
    Yes the bread is made with hemp. It's really good. They also put some seeds on top of the sauce. 
    I searched for pics but can't find one. 
    dankind said:
    So my wife's work circulated an email that employees were forbidden from taking CBD products. 

So glad I just spent a week's worth of groceries on CBD products for her migraines and anxiety.

Guess they're mine now.

Forbidden to use a non-psychoactive compound? I guess they'll be forbidding acetaminophen now.
    edited April 2019
    I just found this in an (German) article about hemp. 

'Hemp is one of those foods that are characterized by their unusually high nutrient density and whose nutrients and nutrients are present in such a balanced form that they are also called superfoods. So superfoods are foods that can offer us a wide range of health benefits by eating small amounts. However, hemp is not only suitable as a food. Hemp is a renewable raw material for such diverse applications that it is rightly called a miracle plant.'

Interesting part of the article about America:

'Wonder plant hemp
    Interestingly enough, in some American states in the 18th century it was still considered punishable to refuse to grow hemp. You could even pay your taxes with hemp. And in World War II those peasants and their sons were exempted from military service dedicated to hemp cultivation. Why was hemp so important and valuable back then?
    From hemp an analgesic remedy was made. Hemp made fabrics and clothing. Hemp was used to produce ropes and ship ropes. From hemp paper was made (which protected the forests). Blessed artists such as van Gogh or Rembrandt created their works on hemp linen. Hemp oil was used to produce paints and varnishes.'

Blessed?

Must be one of those lost in translation things. 
    Long live  Hemp!

So Hemp is legal in all 50 states federally is what should be said.  I believe it was Michigan who just legalized hemp.  So, does that mean state by state it has to be legalized...for a country that spouts off about wanting less government, you sure as fuck like to make laws.
    Give Peas A Chance…