Options

The TRUTH Why Modern Music Is Awful

2»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    edited December 2018
    brianlux said:
    Okay.  I will rephrase and say that I do not like punk music at all.  I realize that a lot of people do and it clearly inspires a lot of musicians.  My thought is that it is less from a musical perspective and more so from a rebellious perspective.   Every song by the Ramones is the same.  I will say the same about Gaslight Anthem.

My top 5 rotation of artists right now is NIN, Nick Cave,Lana Del Rey, Lady Gaga and The National. Flame away :). I prefer variety.
    Variety yes!  Of the bands and music I like, some example that are the most disparate I would include:

Albert Ayler (free jazz)
    Sandy Bull (a blend of several influences)
    Willie Nelson (country)
    Dinosaur Jr (rock)
    The Beach Boys (surf, pop)

As for The Ramones, yeah, a lot of the songs are very similar but I wouldn't say they are all the same.  For example (and if you hate these, at least sample both songs to see what I mean):

I like the second song a lot better than the first.  My exposure to punk is the style of the first song.   
    Seriously, I mean no offense, but you, my friend, are under-exposed! 
    But we all have differing interests, so that's cool.  And maybe someday some punk song will click for you. 

Like maybe this classic?:

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Okay.  I will rephrase and say that I do not like punk music at all.  I realize that a lot of people do and it clearly inspires a lot of musicians.  My thought is that it is less from a musical perspective and more so from a rebellious perspective.   Every song by the Ramones is the same.  I will say the same about Gaslight Anthem.

My top 5 rotation of artists right now is NIN, Nick Cave,Lana Del Rey, Lady Gaga and The National. Flame away :). I prefer variety.
    Variety yes!  Of the bands and music I like, some example that are the most disparate I would include:

Albert Ayler (free jazz)
    Sandy Bull (a blend of several influences)
    Willie Nelson (country)
    Dinosaur Jr (rock)
    The Beach Boys (surf, pop)

As for The Ramones, yeah, a lot of the songs are very similar but I wouldn't say they are all the same.  For example (and if you hate these, at least sample both songs to see what I mean):

I like the second song a lot better than the first.  My exposure to punk is the style of the first song.   
    Seriously, I mean no offense, but you, my friend, are under-exposed! 
    But we all have differing interests, so that's cool.  And maybe someday some punk song will click for you. 

Like maybe this classic?:

No doubt saw them a bunch of times ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited December 2018
    I guess I should adjust my definition of punk to more of the style of the Blitzkrieg Bop.   London Calling is amazing and I guess I wouldn’t think of as punk but I am likely wrong in that category.  You can understand the words and melody in LC.

Maybe I should take a dive into punk for a few weeks.   

Post edited by bootlegger10 on