WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

• Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    What's wrong, dankind? Did I piss you off?
    The day that someone on a rock and roll band’s message board has the capacity to piss me off is the day that I no longer deserve to inhabit this mortal coil. 
    Got it.
    I'm sure that if I met you in real life, you'd probably piss me off, though.

:lol::tongue:
    Why would you ever meet someone in real life, when you can just type words onto a screen and call it good? 

;)  :tongue:
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    Godfather III or Scarface ?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,526
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    The day that someone on a rock and roll band’s message board has the capacity to piss me off is the day that I no longer deserve to inhabit this mortal coil. 
    Got it.

Why would you ever meet someone in real life, when you can just type words onto a screen and call it good? 

that’s dan.....cheeto eating, internet tough guy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    Godfather III or Scarface ?
    I liked Godfather lll and owned all three on VHS...then again, I also liked Spaghetti Incident by GN'R and no one else on earth likes that, so feel free to question my judgement.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Got it.

that’s dan.....cheeto eating, internet tough guy.
    that's okay ... I'm a cheeto eating, internet tough girl.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Anything before GFIII.  
    Awful.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I think films in the 70's and early 80's suffered quality in length because editing was probably a major pain in the ass which caused scenes to drag out and ended up adding 45 - 60 minutes of extra bullshit in major releases.  The Deer Hunter's wedding scene (most overrated film of all time in my book) felt like attending an actual wedding.  Fuck that bullshit.  I hate attending weddings and you can't get free booze while watching a movie.  The first Rocky (and Rocky II but not as bad) is boring as shit until they blow the editing budget on the montage and final fight.

Scarface is a 3 hour movie that would be 1000% better if it was 90 minutes long.
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    I think films in the 70's and early 80's suffered quality in length because editing was probably a major pain in the ass which caused scenes to drag out and ended up adding 45 - 60 minutes of extra bullshit in major releases.  The Deer Hunter's wedding scene (most overrated film of all time in my book) felt like attending an actual wedding.  Fuck that bullshit.  I hate attending weddings and you can't get free booze while watching a movie.  The first Rocky (and Rocky II but not as bad) is boring as shit until they blow the editing budget on the montage and final fight.

Scarface is a 3 hour movie that would be 1000% better if it was 90 minutes long.
    I think you and dankind should start a joint movie review thread. We need our very own Siskel & Ebert. You could give movies two middle fingers or 4 middle fingers. Who is with me in wanting this to happen? 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Jason P said:

I think you and dankind should start a joint movie review thread. We need our very own Siskel & Ebert. You could give movies two middle fingers or 4 middle fingers. Who is with me in wanting this to happen? 
    They'd be more like Statler and Waldorf than Siskel and Ebert.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Fuck yeah!!!!!!! Now I REALLY want this to happen.
  • Options
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Jason P said:

I like it!  We need middle finger emojis!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I think that means dan's considering it.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Or he just likes to finger his own bum
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankind said:

He who goes to bed with itchy bum... wakes up with stinky fingers.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Or he just likes to finger his own bum
    Just the tip....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    edited December 2018
    ^^^Another terrible Pacino performance in another incredibly misogynistic film.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    See the source image
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
     dankind said:
    Okay, you could have a thread in which you point out to us how are most beloved films are completely misogynistic. You shouldn't even give us the titles of the movies, we should guess. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
     dankind said:
    Okay, you could have a thread in which you point out to us how are most beloved films are completely misogynistic. You shouldn't even give us the titles of the movies, we should guess. 
    It'd be like a Jeopardy version of Zack Morris Is Trash. (If you haven't seen that series on Amazon Primes, please do yourselves a favor.)