Options

Yet Another Reason Why PJ Are the Best

stone is too cool. Someone I’ve come to know has an excellent channel teaching guitar tutorials for PJ. Anyway, Stone actually reached out to him thanking him for helping him with a CC tune fir the upcoming tribute show. 

https://youtu.be/_MZoP1WLi1A

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,742
    That's pretty gnarly! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    Shoutout to LetsPlayAll as well. Between these two channels, you’ll need nothing else to learn guitar for PJ. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    That was awesome!!! 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    That was awesome!!! 
    Incredible. It was stones idea to sit in for a lesson and he sent him the video the same night. Also invited him to the tribute show. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,831
    That’s awesome!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    edited December 2018

Wow. Stone is the coolest.

I love how he's surfing around youtube like us mere mortals for guitar parts, gives me a little hope! 
    Post edited by lotsalemon on
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    I've been following Ryan for a couple years . Great teacher. Well.deserved recognition. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Also Matt let's play all is in the best tribute band I've ever seen. Pearl jamm . So fuckin accurate . @webbo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

Wow. Stone is the coolest.

I love how he's surfing around youtube like us mere mortals for guitar parts, gives me a little hope! 
    Right!!!!! And how good he is at counting frets. Lmao!! Love it!! 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    I love that little trick with the low E string not capo'd and playing behind the capo.  Very clever and effective!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    I’ve been checking out Ryan’s vids since Not for you like 2 years ago. They’re perfectly stripped down for novice players and not too basic to bore you. His campfire songs was a great idea.  That’s awesome he got noticed! By STONE!
  • Options
    If anyone is in the NJ or NY area let me know! Ryan and I are looking fir a lead guitar and bass player to jam with 🤙🏼🤙🏼
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    brianlux said:
    I love that little trick with the low E string not capo'd and playing behind the capo.  Very clever and effective!
    Stone is awesome. Pretty simple lol 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Uber cool! :rock_on:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    brianlux said:
    He does it in Bu$hleaguer too, in combination with an alternate tuning (open B tuning). Funny to think about it, back in 2003 when I learned the song that thing blew my mind; also, it took me a while to realize that I couldn't use a capo with a strap-on in order to do it.
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    That’s awesome! I love Ryan’s vids. Great stuff!
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    That is so cool and really makes me want to learn to play.  
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    That is so cool and really makes me want to learn to play.  
    Go for it. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    That is so cool!  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    This Channel has been of great help with PJ’s songs over the last few years, love it, that’s cool news!
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,764
    Image result for stone gossard bongo gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    webbowebbo London, UK Posts: 104
    nicknyr15 said:
    Shoutout to LetsPlayAll as well. Between these two channels, you’ll need nothing else to learn guitar for PJ. 
    Thanks man and props to Ryan, watched his video earlier and couldn't believe my eyes haha. So cool Stone reached out to him like that. Just amazing - he must be buzzing!! 
    My new Youtube channel - learn how to play every guitar part for every PJ song! https://www.youtube.com/letsplayall
    My tribute band's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pearljammband/
  • Options
    webbowebbo London, UK Posts: 104
    Also Matt let's play all is in the best tribute band I've ever seen. Pearl jamm . So fuckin accurate . @webbo
    ah thanks very much ;-) We're very lucky, PJ have such an awesome fan base that we'll be making even more friends all over the UK on our 2019 dates. Can't wait! Still....can't believe Stone got in touch with Ryan. Man that's mind blowing! 
    My new Youtube channel - learn how to play every guitar part for every PJ song! https://www.youtube.com/letsplayall
    My tribute band's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pearljammband/
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    edited December 2018
    Stone's the man!

(And all the other guys are cool too  :smiley: )
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    PB11041 said:
    Image result for stone gossard bongo gif
    Awesome!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    That is so cool!  

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

definite props to Let's Play All. Very comprehensive reference for all PJ Guitar parts. Love those vids.