• Options
    MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    This thread is great for insurance purposes 
    Right, especially the posters.
  • Options
    Mattchew said:
    Uhg... You want to see the posters now too?!?
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Question about insurance. I'm sure some of you guys have your posters insured. What or how do you come up with a value to tell him? I need to get these insured.
    For example. I have the Pittsburgh 13 SE framed and hanging on my wall. Do I say this one is worth around $600 and how do you prove it? I can just imagine worse case scenario if I had a fire and me trying to tell the insurance adjuster I need $700-800 to buy a rock poster if I can find it. Just looking for advice
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Mattchew said:
    Uhg... You want to see the posters now too?!?
    Haha, yeah sure, if you want to bust them out.
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    Question about insurance. I'm sure some of you guys have your posters insured. What or how do you come up with a value to tell him? I need to get these insured.
    For example. I have the Pittsburgh 13 SE framed and hanging on my wall. Do I say this one is worth around $600 and how do you prove it? I can just imagine worse case scenario if I had a fire and me trying to tell the insurance adjuster I need $700-800 to buy a rock poster if I can find it. Just looking for advice
    You can put anything on your homeowners, but you pay the monthly fee based on what the item is worth.  You can’t just say, I had a $700 poster, you have to include the value of the iten and pay accordingly to insure it monthly. I forget how much we pay monthly to insure my wife’s engagement ring, but I know it’s not cheap. Might not be worth it to insure for some folks.
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    You can put anything on your homeowners, but you pay the monthly fee based on what the item is worth.  You can’t just say, I had a $700 poster, you have to include the value of the iten and pay accordingly to insure it monthly. I forget how much we pay monthly to insure my wife’s engagement ring, but I know it’s not cheap. Might not be worth it to insure for some folks.
    I get part of what your saying, I believe I need what is called a waiver and yes you pay on the value from what I understand. But how can I justify the value with these posters when it seems to be what is fair market value at this point in time. Maybe 10 years from now that Pittsburgh poster I have is only worth $200. Just curious because if I ever want to replace say some of these posters if I had a fire. About the only place to really go and look for prices would be Ebay or come to this fourm They may also go up in value. Better just call my agent lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

Im an Insurance Broker. Having tools like Ebeans will help prove your case in the event of a loss.

The Poster should fall under your contents coverage.

Jewlery and fine arts is one kind of rider you can add to a policy but in this case it doesn't really apply. Unless the Pitts poster goes up to $5000 in value.

• Options

Im an Insurance Broker. Having tools like Ebeans will help prove your case in the event of a loss.

The Poster should fall under your contents coverage.

Jewlery and fine arts is one kind of rider you can add to a policy but in this case it doesn't really apply. Unless the Pitts poster goes up to $5000 in value.

Awesome, thanks for input. Just think I need to make my broker aware. Just framing alone on the 15 posters I have hanging is like $3000, let alone the poster. Thinking he may want to know that. I had my own restoration company for years and some adjusters probably wouldn't believe totals of the framing and posters.
    Maybe you can answer this Will. I had an adjuster tell me that once years ago, that if you didn't insure your hockey cards for value that they are, he would only give you 3 cents to 5 cents a card in an event of a loss, no matter if it was a Wayne Gretzky rookie or any other card that could be worth $50-$100. So I always recall that and I'm liking the posters to the hockey cards when it comes to value. Hope that makes sense
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options

Ya, nowadays most people carry what's called "Guaranteed replacement cost" on your contents. So if the frame job for one poster was $350 and the poster would cost you $800 than that's what you get. If you had a fire loss or something the company would do their research as to what a professional framing job would cost etc.

As for the Hockey Card reference ... there was a time that you would just get the "actual cash value" meaning, the hockey card pack cost you $2.00 and therefore the card is only worth .20C

There are riders you can add to your policy for sports memorabilia. Yes, you pay a little extra a month but it gives you peace of mind, and also if you ever had a claim the deductible is waived if its on a rider (most times).

Id say most people now have the "guaranteed replacement cost", but its something I would check to make sure you have it.  

I had an older lady here that I insured and contents were only on an actual cash value basis

So she had a water issue in her basement and lost boxes of vinyl records. She ended up getting $2.00 per record. But she really did not have any idea what she had or value so...  

• Options
    All makes sense Will, appreciate the info
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options

No Problem ... Carry On people with your lovely photos.

Those are also great to have on file somewhere in case you ever had an insurance claim of some kind.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    My collection is about 95% music, a book or two, some stickers/buttons, a handful of posters, and a few shirts. I don’t really collect “things.” But I'll post pics later if ya really want to see a bunch of vinyl and some CD's.
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428

No Problem ... Carry On people with your lovely photos.

Those are also great to have on file somewhere in case you ever had an insurance claim of some kind.

Ok, but here is a question. Where are you getting what the insurance company calls a reliable source for the value of the poster?  I think we are starting to find that expressobeans is not perfect.  We cannot use ebay as an auction site does not justify value.  I don't think an insurance company would accept any of our ISO or FS threads as proof of valuation either since we are all nuts.  So when you look at the Pitt 2013 poster - how do you prove a value other than the receipt of purchase (original cost) and the cost of framing?  Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    DE483 said:

Ok, but here is a question. Where are you getting what the insurance company calls a reliable source for the value of the poster?  I think we are starting to find that expressobeans is not perfect.  We cannot use ebay as an auction site does not justify value.  I don't think an insurance company would accept any of our ISO or FS threads as proof of valuation either since we are all nuts.  So when you look at the Pitt 2013 poster - how do you prove a value other than the receipt of purchase (original cost) and the cost of framing?  Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Your right, they definitely wont use us as a starting point of reference. We are a tad bit nuts.

Well, the ebeans average sales calculator is totally unreliable now. That's for sure. But they do still have that nice option of checking the past sales prices. So what you would do is refer them to the site (if they didn't know about it already) and the insurance company would likely use the most recent 6-8 sold and average out the value to determine what you might get. This is what they do with Auto insurance now (in Canada anyway).  They use the internet as a tool foe recent sales to determine worth.

The option to schedule a poster on your policy is there. Some companies do require appraisals though in order to list something as a rider. That, I would have no idea where to find an appraiser of Pearl Jam Posters. HA.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Fascinating turn on the conversation.  Pay insurance for the most recent ring (10yr Anniv.) I bought my wife but I didn't consider my posters.  Ring is still worth more but the posters and frames have to be worth a lot at about 30 posters up and a loaded portfolio.  I don't have many super high value ones like some of y'all ( I did not get the poster bug until 2010 or so) but there are some good ones.
    Will ask my guy about it.

Chris, if your posters come close to rivaling your other stuff...yes, we want to see!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Fascinating turn on the conversation.  Pay insurance for the most recent ring (10yr Anniv.) I bought my wife but I didn't consider my posters.  Ring is still worth more but the posters and frames have to be worth a lot at about 30 posters up and a loaded portfolio.  I don't have many super high value ones like some of y'all ( I did not get the poster bug until 2010 or so) but there are some good ones.

Chris, if your posters come close to rivaling your other stuff...yes, we want to see!
    I'll enlighten you with a few I let go...  Pitt 13, (2) yes two Moline tractors, chrome and gold transformer, (2) yes two Cracker Jacks, Wrigley Mural, Wrigley Munk AP, Pendleton skyline.

My poster collection isn't anything like most people on here.
  • Options
    FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 715
    edited November 2023
    Delete
    Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

I'll enlighten you with a few I let go...  Pitt 13, (2) yes two Moline tractors, chrome and gold transformer, (2) yes two Cracker Jacks, Wrigley Mural, Wrigley Munk AP, Pendleton skyline.

Would love a Pitt13 and the Pendleton Skyline (was too late on the one that sold here recently) but would pass on the others, at least as far as to hang in the house.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Would love a Pitt13 and the Pendleton Skyline (was too late on the one that sold here recently) but would pass on the others, at least as far as to hang in the house.
    Not going to lie, the Transformers print was beautiful.

The Moline and Pitt in person were unbelievable too.

Skyline in person is another amazing print.  It should get wayyyy more love than what it receives.  
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Every Boston area poster.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    edited October 2018
    My collection looks small compared to most of these. Wow! I’ll post some pics tomorrow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ski-bum said:
    Nice set of Boston posters!  Gotta love that 98!
  • Options
    Mattchew said:
    ski-bum said:
    Nice set of Boston posters!  Gotta love that 98!
    Yes, that Mansfield is awesome!
  • Options
    RYANPB999RYANPB999 Coventry, Rhode Island Posts: 542
    here's a few
    Jesus 
    Having tasted, a life wasted, I'm never going back again!
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    ^What is that orange item with the white symbol? Towel? Flag? When/where is it from?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    @foodshop65

digging your 2011 bootleg set.  Ive got to pony up for those at aome point.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Amsterdam 12?