Unofficial pre-line for merch protocols

2»

Comments

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,904
    PJ-Cubs said:
    100 Pacer said:
    KS80184 said:
    People at Wrigley were in line before 6am for 9am opening.  If you showed up at 6, you were about 50th in line. 
    1st person arrived at 4am.
    Did they think there was only going to be 1 poster for sale?  Sounds like they showed up about 3 hours early and wasted a lot of time.
    He seemed pretty nervous. He was basically chain smoking all those hours. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    A general rule of life to follow:  if there is a line, get in the rear.  That's it.
  • Hugo ReyesHugo Reyes Posts: 244
    edited August 2018
    F me...this sh*t is way too complicated.  Ill just go wait in line at Treehouse and get drunk.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,126
    GA line vs Merch line..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • BRONDOBRONDO Posts: 446
    Seattle Missoula and Chicago lines started forming officially or unofficially around 6am for 9am and noon openings. By official start line time you will be several hundred people back. 
  • BRONDOBRONDO Posts: 446
    Set list shirts drive the day after show lines for hours
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,966
    My ‘good luck’ comment was in reference to anyone who would show up at 9 & think they were going to walk past an existing line in the designated location.
    As far as lines generated elsewhere... no, I wouldn’t recognize that nonsense. The only line I’ll recognize is one started at the booth itself. 

Do GA people really think they can start a line elsewhere & it will be recognized at the venue???

Christ, the poster obsession is bad enough, I’m glad I don’t sweat the GA. That’s ridiculous. 
    If you show up to town the day before the show and see people camped out 100 yards from the gate for GA, are you saying you wouldn’t recognize that as the start
    of the line? 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,082
    My ‘good luck’ comment was in reference to anyone who would show up at 9 & think they were going to walk past an existing line in the designated location.
    As far as lines generated elsewhere... no, I wouldn’t recognize that nonsense. The only line I’ll recognize is one started at the booth itself. 

Do GA people really think they can start a line elsewhere & it will be recognized at the venue???

Christ, the poster obsession is bad enough, I’m glad I don’t sweat the GA. That’s ridiculous. 
    If you show up to town the day before the show and see people camped out 100 yards from the gate for GA, are you saying you wouldn’t recognize that as the start
    of the line? 
    THAT makes perfect sense, people here were talking about pre-lines at bars & secret locations... a far cry from 100 yards away from the venue / GA door.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    Why would a line be a football field's length from the venue?

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why would a line be a football field's length from the venue?

I was just thinking about the Missoula show. Maybe it was a little less than that, but I had football on the brain. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,935
    edited August 2018
    pjl44 said:
    My plan is to go low stress and show up mid-afternoon 

no such thing as a low stress PJ merch line.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,675
    Shakescky said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sounds like 10C might have identified a place for a pre-line to start... That would be good enough for me. I'm big on rules too, but I think, when everything is normal and there is no GD list or confusion or conflicting directions from security (unlike with the GA line clusterfuck), then it's very reasonable to just get in an unofficial line. Ignoring one and going rogue with the justification of "but the rules said 9am" seems like a jerk move, just based on the concept of common courtesy and maintaining a sense of order.

It would take some serious cohones to show up, walk past a line of waiting people and think you're going to bypass all of them, regardless of what the rules say.  

As I mentioned before... Good luck with that.

If its obvious, I agree. 
    I was imagining down the street in a secret location only insiders know about. Some high secret council or something. That's sort of what all the GA talk sounds ilke.
    It sounds like it begins at a local bar.
    I'm in my local bar as I type this
    But the bar is in Omaha 
    Am I in the right line?
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    This has become all so sad. So sad.
    I’m always happy with my merch. 
    Shakescky said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sounds like 10C might have identified a place for a pre-line to start... That would be good enough for me. I'm big on rules too, but I think, when everything is normal and there is no GD list or confusion or conflicting directions from security (unlike with the GA line clusterfuck), then it's very reasonable to just get in an unofficial line. Ignoring one and going rogue with the justification of "but the rules said 9am" seems like a jerk move, just based on the concept of common courtesy and maintaining a sense of order.

It would take some serious cohones to show up, walk past a line of waiting people and think you're going to bypass all of them, regardless of what the rules say.  

As I mentioned before... Good luck with that.

If its obvious, I agree. 
    I was imagining down the street in a secret location only insiders know about. Some high secret council or something. That's sort of what all the GA talk sounds ilke.
    It sounds like it begins at a local bar.
    I'm in my local bar as I type this
    But the bar is in Omaha 
    Am I in the right line?
    Write a ‘1’ on your hand and you’ll be first in line for the Omaha 2019 show. 

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    Awesome. I collect memories, not things. To each his own though. Enjoy your time in line.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Wobbie said:
    pjl44 said:
    My plan is to go low stress and show up mid-afternoon 

no such thing as a low stress PJ merch line.
    I disagree..both shows I have been to were in stress free Virginia..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

edited August 2018
    Awesome. I collect memories, not things. To each his own though. Enjoy your time in line.
    I don’t spend much time in line, but it’s nice to meet fellow fans if I’m there. 

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,082
    I don’t spend much time in line, but it’s nice to meet fellow fans if I’m there. 

This... the only time I did stand in a line for PJ Merch, I had a blast meeting & hanging with other fans. 
  • jhager79jhager79 Posts: 246
    PJ-Cubs said:
    100 Pacer said:
    KS80184 said:
    People at Wrigley were in line before 6am for 9am opening.  If you showed up at 6, you were about 50th in line. 
    1st person arrived at 4am.
    Did they think there was only going to be 1 poster for sale?  Sounds like they showed up about 3 hours early and wasted a lot of time.
    When I was at the merch tent Sunday Afternoon was told if I wanted poster's best to be in line by 6am. Since I'm usually up at 6am and with the difference in time it was no problem. Got to meet some cool people in line, get my stuff and back at the hotel by 9:45 with a whole day to explore Chicago before the show.  Wasn't really a waste of time in my opinion. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12