Options

when do you risk revenge

someone in my family is in a situation that is very serious.  she is 17.  
A very serious crime has  been committed  against her. But the purpetraters are in a gang and are likely to stab or attack her if she goes to the police
 It's in England . . what would you do?I can't type what happened  but it involves  2 known to the police men! I'm all up for going to the police but her welfare is seriously at risk.
I do not know if this is for here or a.m t
sorry
brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,960
    @Sea @Kat move this if I'm in the wrong place
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    revenge?
  • Options
    these guys will attack her or their gang . if she tells the police . we are all at risk
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I mean by going to the police we risk revenge from them for telling the police but this is so serious we can't not. I'm so worried and want to do the right thing but we will be under threat 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    oh, OK.  I thought it was revenge going the other way.

I would think the police would have protections for witnesses and accusers.

Is the danger completely gone if you dont come forward?  Is there a good chance this crime(s) happen again if you just let bygones be bygones?  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,720
    I would go to the police, tell them in very general terms what is going on and tell them that you are concerned about giving particulars because doing so might cause reprisal from the perpetrators and ask them for advice on how to stay out of harms way.  I don't know if that's the best advice, but that's the best I can come up with.

Whatever you decide, I hope it turns out well for you and yours, last exit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Follow Brians advice ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited August 2018
    Figure away to start a nasty rumour about this gang and how they plan on taking on the hells angels ... surely the angels will put this gang in their place ...  ;)
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited August 2018
    brianlux said:
    I would go to the police, tell them in very general terms what is going on and tell them that you are concerned about giving particulars because doing so might cause reprisal from the perpetrators and ask them for advice on how to stay out of harms way.  I don't know if that's the best advice, but that's the best I can come up with.

Whatever you decide, I hope it turns out well for you and yours, last exit.
    Yeah, I agree that you at least start by calling the police on the phone and tell them your situation without naming any names and find out what they could do to protect you and/or your family member. Doing nothing could just hold you in a position where you're at the mercy of a gang forever - if she doesn't go to the police, she is just a person who hasn't gone to the police YET. Gangs tend to like to get rid of witnesses, don't they?
    But this is a bad situation either way man. You kind of have to accept that you're maybe damned if you do, and for sure you're damned if you don't. I would personally take the risk of contacting police and having revenge exact on me over living under the thumb of a gang. The situation has already gone past the point where your family member is really going to have a good, clean, risk-free way of getting out of it.
    And then there is the final factor: what's the right thing to do? Maybe think about the actual victim(s) of this serious crime when considering that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    the police are involved and have taken evidence but can't go at them without the girls say  so. which she won't do. as yet.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    they have taken things from her house for DNA . but she is reluctant.  but I want to get these people  in prison asap. but they have a big circle. gypsys  and gangs of bad people . I know she should not have mixed with them . but it's too late. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Man, so sorry to hear that Rob.  I've never been in a spot where I felt the threat of retaliation but it's certainly a tough situation.  All I can say is just offer as much support and love to the girl as you possibly can.  She's afraid more than anyone right now, so she needs to feel comfort from those she knows she can trust.  I wouldn't push her to go forward if it's not what she wants to do or if she's not ready to. If & when she's ready, she can make that call, just make sure everyone supports her in the meantime. Give her advice, but try not to push her in any direction. Be together as a family and you will get thru this together.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    they have taken things from her house for DNA . but she is reluctant.  but I want to get these people  in prison asap. but they have a big circle. gypsys  and gangs of bad people . I know she should not have mixed with them . but it's too late. 
    Well, I guess you hit the nail on the head. It's too late. She should cooperate. Dyer there has a point, but she's only 17 - she may need extra guidance and real help making decisions on this. If the way you're describing the risk is accurate, I'm going to guess that the fact that the police have already been to the house and collected evidence is known to them anyhow, so it maybe couldn't get much worse at this point... But seriously, if she is going to actually testify against them in court, then the cops ought to be providing real protection for her, if there is any concern that they'd go after a witness who's testifying.... If she actually has useful info for the prosecution, wouldn't she be compelled to testify anyhow? Are the cops really oblivious to the fact that she knows something if they've swabbed her house for DNA samples?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    the cops know what's happened  but they can keep the evidence  for 6 years. they can't prosecute without het statement  and will to report the crime. so I guess I will wait and see what she wants. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,720
    the cops know what's happened  but they can keep the evidence  for 6 years. they can't prosecute without het statement  and will to report the crime. so I guess I will wait and see what she wants. 
    Hard to say without being closer to all this but it sounds to me like if the cops are asking for her statement maybe she could ask for some protection if she agrees to gives it.  But don't make demands.  Cops want to be in charge.  They are generally more helpful when they are in control of a situation.  Get them on her side.  And maybe give the statement and find a safe place to stay for a while, if possible.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”  I can't imagine how scary it may be, but letting them get away with it only empowers them.