Options

Would you like to see Pearl Jam make the Hometown Shows an annual event?

13»

Comments

• Options
    MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JB56195 said:
    I could do without stadium shows.  Acoustics kind of suck
    Agree!!!! Sound was not that great at Wrigley N2 at least IMO...
    That's weird, cause Safeco sounded awesome, although it has a much better design for acoustics than Wrigley
    It totally depends on where you are in any ballpark. The sound is always not very good at such venues for some people - just count yourself lucky that you weren't one of them this time around.
    it's been pretty unanimous from everyone who attended Safeco that the sound was awesome, definitely not the norm for a Stadium, but Safeco has great acoustics & Seattle rarely has any wind, just mild breezes 5 mph or less, so it's definitely not the norm
    I've seen people say otherwise about it, but for a ballpark, it sounds like it's good. Eddie didn't like the trains rumbling by though, lol.
    they stopped them just before the show started, I am pretty sure that's why we got 20:30 local start times instead of 19:30 or 20:00
    What do you mean? I've seen video from the first show where Eddie can hear them going by and he comments on it.
    was that night 2?
    night two was train night. it was a precursor for the thomas poster in chicago.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Yes: Play every year!
    MB93672 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JB56195 said:
    I could do without stadium shows.  Acoustics kind of suck
    Agree!!!! Sound was not that great at Wrigley N2 at least IMO...
    That's weird, cause Safeco sounded awesome, although it has a much better design for acoustics than Wrigley
    It totally depends on where you are in any ballpark. The sound is always not very good at such venues for some people - just count yourself lucky that you weren't one of them this time around.
    it's been pretty unanimous from everyone who attended Safeco that the sound was awesome, definitely not the norm for a Stadium, but Safeco has great acoustics & Seattle rarely has any wind, just mild breezes 5 mph or less, so it's definitely not the norm
    I've seen people say otherwise about it, but for a ballpark, it sounds like it's good. Eddie didn't like the trains rumbling by though, lol.
    they stopped them just before the show started, I am pretty sure that's why we got 20:30 local start times instead of 19:30 or 20:00
    What do you mean? I've seen video from the first show where Eddie can hear them going by and he comments on it.
    was that night 2?
    night two was train night. it was a precursor for the thomas poster in chicago.
    HAHA I used to live 4 blocks from Wrigley and rode the trains every day to work, I had a 10clubber pick me up one, had to have it
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited August 2018
    No: Screw Seattle!
    The 15% who say screw Seattle, that is about the same % of people who live here who want to move

That was the only version of no that you gave.  Please consider that.  Saying no was not us saying "Screw Seattle."  It was given to us as an answer.  The only answer of no.  Simply giving "No" or "Not a great idea" . . . as an option/additional option would probably have made it look a lil less like you were trying to make us sound like assholes for saying no.

Here is another thing you may not have considered.  Many lives here are/have been touched by homelessness or the effects of homelessness.  We adopted our daughter.  She was born to a drug addicted, homeless prostitute living on the streets of Canton, Ohio.  (Yes, the home of the Football Hall of Fame.)  She was born cocaine positive.  Our daughter was without a home when she was born.  She was left at the hospital with the doctors and nurses as her birth mother left to press on with her life.  She knew that they would not allow her to take her.  Turns out that K is the 7th of 10.  A long line of children born into a life plagued with homelessness, prostitution and drug addiction.  I don't tell you this for applause.  I'm telling you one story of many of a family who does not live in Seattle, but rather the CLE/CAK area who has been touched in more than one way by homelessness.  Our story may not be the traditional one you are looking for or referring to, but I'm not really here to give you our family list of good works to make it sound as if I want a gold star.  I'm trying to give one of our personal stories.  One that others may not consider.  Not just adults dealing with homelessness.  Not just Seattle.  

I am not at all against helping to provide guidance, help and a hand up to those living in homelessness.  I agree with PJ Soul.  Call me wrong.  I really don't mind.  I am not uncaring, but I think that there could be a different route to continued and successful support without running into charity burn out.  

I don't know what the answer is.  I would, however, love for people to find love and acceptance and . . . a home. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    The 15% who say screw Seattle, that is about the same % of people who live here who want to move

That was the only version of no that you gave.  Please consider that.  Saying no was not us saying "Screw Seattle."  It was given to us as an answer.  The only answer of no.  Simply giving "No" or "Not a great idea" . . . as an option/additional option would probably have made it look a lil less like you were trying to make us sound like assholes for saying no.

Here is another thing you may not have considered.  Many lives here are/have been touched by homelessness or the effects of homelessness.  We adopted our daughter.  She was born to a drug addicted, homeless prostitute living on the streets of Canton, Ohio.  (Yes, the home of the Football Hall of Fame.)  She was born cocaine positive.  Our daughter was without a home when she was born.  She was left at the hospital with the doctors and nurses as her birth mother left to press on with her life.  She knew that they would not allow her to take her.  Turns out that K is the 7th of 10.  A long line of children born into a life plagued with homelessness, prostitution and drug addiction.  I don't tell you this for applause.  I'm telling you one story of many of a family who does not live in Seattle, but rather the CLE/CAK area who has been touched in more than one way by homelessness.  Our story may not be the traditional one you are looking for or referring to, but I'm not really here to give you our family list of good works to make it sound as if I want a gold star.  I'm trying to give one of our personal stories.  One that others may not consider.  Not just adults dealing with homelessness.  Not just Seattle.  

I am not at all against helping to provide guidance, help and a hand up to those living in homelessness.  I agree with PJ Soul.  Call me wrong.  I really don't mind.  I am not uncaring, but I think that there could be a different route to continued and successful support without running into charity burn out.  

I don't know what the answer is.  I would, however, love for people to find love and acceptance and . . . a home. 
    It was a joke, and I was kidding, damn people come to the Porch and their sense of humor takes a vacation, it phrased that way to make people laugh, obviously it went sailing right over your head, and quoting PJ Soul who takes the opposite side of virtually of everything I ever say, won't win you any credibility with me, but whatever rock on!
  • Options
    Wasn't looking to gain popularity points with you.  Just adding a comment to your thread... Agree or not.  
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    deadendp said:
    Wasn't looking to gain popularity points with you.  Just adding a comment to your thread... Agree or not.  
    whatever dude, totally irrelevant
    [link removed]

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    deadendp said:
    [link removed]

I'm not a dude.  :angry:

I have no idea about how a story about children born to a drug addicted, homeless prostitute is irrelevant to this other thread other than it isn't occurring in Seattle. Just trying to get you beyond it being a problem in Seattle. 

Fruitless. 

I know better than to click on your many threads, but made the mistake in this instance anyhow. We all know how they go.  You state your opinion.  You are only willing to consider your opinion or those agreeing with it. Those who disagree are all told how incredibly wrong they are because, well, they disagreed with it. I can think of someone else who functions in the very same way... 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    I had an amazing (first) time in Seattle!  Safeco was great, and everyone in the pit was awesome.  I'm definitely game.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    [link removed]

I'm not a dude.  :angry:

I have no idea about how a story about children born to a drug addicted, homeless prostitute is irrelevant to this other thread other than it isn't occurring in Seattle. Just trying to get you beyond it being a problem in Seattle. 

Fruitless. 

I know better than to click on your many threads, but made the mistake in this instance anyhow. We all know how they go.  You state your opinion.  You are only willing to consider your opinion or those agreeing with it. Those who disagree are all told how incredibly wrong they are because, well, they disagreed with it. I can think of someone else who functions in the very same way... 
    I know the problem is beyond Seattle (I have lived in Los Angeles, San Francisco & Chicago before living here in Seattle), however they have started something here & have the power & position & influence to finish it here. If you extend it beyond Seattle, they don 't, period end of story. So since they have a chance to end homelessness here, really they need to, because it would be the greatest accomplishment ever for the band, certainly greater than any musical achievement, especially when you consider that Mike & Stone grew up here & have lived here virtually all their lives, Jeff & Matt have lived here more than 30 years, Eddie has lived here almost 30 years, so everyone of them has a deep connection to the issue. As far as I am concerned there is nothing worse than having the power to effect great change, and not finishing the job. Because we are all born with nothing & we will all die with nothing, all we take with us is the love in our hearts & the experiences we live in between. On all of our tombstones there is a number at the beginning & a number at the end, and that dash in between is what our story is all about. Certainly if they decide to turn their backs, just like most everyone else has, then the Hometown Shows of 2018 will just be faded footnote in Seattle history, however if the stay with this and see it through, then those shows will be seen as the beginning of the end of homelessness here in Seattle & this accomplishment will be the most monumental and epic thing they have ever done, because it's certainly not like they are ever going to run out of money, so playing 2 or 3 shows a year here isn't going stop them from playing anywhere they want across this Earth we live on. It's being made out as it's an either or type deal, it isn't, they can play whenever they want, wherever they want, except whenever the Cubs are in the playoffs, BTW, go Cubbies. All that shit you talked about earlier I have lived in & been exposed to it for at least half of my 48 years here on Earth & none of that effects them having the power to wipe out homelessness here, none of it, zero. Whether they choose to take advantage of this awesome opportunity remains to be seen.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Pearl Jam w/Ben Harper My Two Hands 
    "I can change the with my own hands". Well Pearl Jam and all the people they know are far more than 2 hands. BTW next Safeco shows if possible have Ben Harper & his band open, I mean if you are going to open the gates 3.5 hours before Pearl Jam takes the stage.
    https://youtu.be/3dZcLdxYHOc
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited August 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Kind Of: Every 2 or 3 years is fine
    I agree with some here, I'd rather them go back to NHL venues, however if the ballpark series continues, LA / Dodgers Stadium really needs to be considered!
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited August 2018
    Post edited by Sea on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Sure! They've given the other 49 a lot IMO. Time to give back to their hometown.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
    edited March 2020
    Be Nice. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

Please take your personal issue with each other off the forum. If you cannot get along with someone it's time to put them on ignore. Since we don't have an ignore feature on this forum it will be up to you to not respond to the posts. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk. If you see a problem post please report it and let us handle it.

Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.