Wrigley merch line

Comments

• mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited August 2018
    28 hours.... heading to the airport now 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    I'm planning on trying to get what I can at the show tomorrow, then if there's anything I didn't get I'll try the lines outside on one of the next days. Just couldn't get away from work today.
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    Got in line this morning at 7:50 am, I was 35th in line. They opened the doors at 11:55, very organized. They would only let 25 up to the counters at a time and would not let more until all of them had a chance to purchase. They allowed 2 of each print per person. (I did not get 10 posters for the record  =) ) I was walking back to my car by 12:20. The wait sucked bad but I would rather wait 4 hours super early and get what I came for than wait and have stuff sold out. 
    So getting there by 6 Monday morning should be a safe bet?
    I would think so. The set list T's will be gone by then and weekdays seem to be a better bet than weekends. I bet tomorrow and Sunday will be crazy.

• Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Do they have an area to roll posters in the tent?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Redrumh2o said:
    Do they have an area to roll posters in the tent?
    Just outside of the tent. 
  • gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    How bad is the line now?  At a bar a mile away.   Will bring refreshments. 
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • Sorry if I missed a post in this elsewhere. How is it in regards to just getting a couple shirts vs trying for a poster? Is there a pretty good stock for those? I'm trying to get a large dead batter shirt and a 2xl flaming batter. 
  • link93 said:
    In 16 they tried to overcharge me by bunch. Thankfully I caught it. I believe there was a thread on here about it and a bunch of people got overcharged. It seemed to be unique to Chicago. Be careful and make sure the amount is correct.
    unique to Chicago? doesn't happen in Fenway?
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    It took about an hour from when I got in line until I got what I wanted.  Out of the Ames and Thomas posters for today.  Had plenty of everything else.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    gleng2 said:
    How bad is the line now?  At a bar a mile away.   Will bring refreshments. 
    Step outside the bar ... the line is right there
    shmap said:
    Just from holding it up - I bought it for someone else - I think the sweatshirt is running small. I would have bought a large for myself, but this is an XL and I think that’s a better fit.
    I just tried on my hoodie for the first time. It runs super small. I always wear a medium comfortably and the sleeves on this are tight and short. I’d definitely get a large if I did it over. 
  • link93link93 Posts: 403
    When I say unique to Chicago I mean it is the only time I remember there being a ton of people on a thread bringing up being overcharged. Not making any judgement on chicago and of course it can happen anywhere. Just make sure the total for your Merch before you pay. 
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    wwsuicide said:
    shmap said:
    In line at 11:30, out at 1:30.Got everything I wanted except the Thomas. The line is much shorter now, not stretching down the street anymore. Good luck everyone!
    You got out at 1:30 and they were sold out of Thomas in an hour and a half the day before the show?  
    Sold out of the days allotment. EVERYONE was buying two of that one. 
    That's what I assumed - my question still stands... they're sold out of a poster at most 1 hour 30 mins after the tent opened the day before a show? 
    They're just sold out for the day.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PJWGIII said:
    wwsuicide said:
    shmap said:
    In line at 11:30, out at 1:30.Got everything I wanted except the Thomas. The line is much shorter now, not stretching down the street anymore. Good luck everyone!
    You got out at 1:30 and they were sold out of Thomas in an hour and a half the day before the show?  
    That's what I assumed - my question still stands... they're sold out of a poster at most 1 hour 30 mins after the tent opened the day before a show? 
    I’m pretty sure he gets that. Still opening a merch tent for 7+ hours a day for multiple days and selling out of anything in under 2 hours is just stupid.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    PJWGIII said:
    wwsuicide said:
    shmap said:
    I’m pretty sure he gets that. Still opening a merch tent for 7+ hours a day for multiple days and selling out of anything in under 2 hours is just stupid.
    Normally i would disagree with this .. but since they had so many posters yesterday it's reasonable to think they'd have the same today.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    PJWGIII said:
    wwsuicide said:
    shmap said:
    I agree. Stupid. And I'm starting to get discouraged on my chances to get one...
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Aggie98Aggie98 Posts: 5
    As of 15 minutes ago, the Jackson poster is sold out for the day
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PJWGIII said:
    PJWGIII said:
    wwsuicide said:
    shmap said:
    I agree. Stupid. And I'm starting to get discouraged on my chances to get one...
    Yeah thankfully 2013 Wrigley cured me of feeling that. Now I want stuff but if I don’t get it no big deal. But I hope you get what you want. It’s nice to have a poster on the wal to help you remember. Missed out on Rome with my daughters first PJ concert and it’s a bummer for sure
    hippiemom = goodness
  • SlickSlick Posts: 20
    The wife and I are getting there around 7 am tomorrow for the 9am open no clue where that will put us in line?
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    edited August 2018
    Slick said:
    The wife and I are getting there around 7 am tomorrow for the 9am open no clue where that will put us in line?
    I'd assume close to the front If it opens at 9am and who is really waking up that early to buy stuff. 
    Post edited by hihobibo on
  • MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255
    hihobibo said:
    Slick said:
    I'd assume close to the front since you are waiting around 5 hours. 
    It opens at 9am tomorrow bobo
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    hihobibo said:
    Slick said:
    I'd assume close to the front If it opens at 9am and who is really waking up that early to buy stuff. 
    I was #35 in line this morning 4 hours early, you would be surprised how early people get there.
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Aggie98 said:
    This is a very nice poster. Close 2nd to Thomas the Train
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    Waited in line 1.5 hours.

Poster sold out.
    I'm like a tab
  • Waited in line 1.5 hours.

Poster sold out.
    All of them?
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Aggie98 said:
    This is a very nice poster. Close 2nd to Thomas the Train
    I like it more, has a feeling to it. Thomas is too blue and plain to me, no emotion at all.  But art is art, choose what you like or don’t.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • stateofloveandpjstateofloveandpj Posts: 459
    edited August 2018
    For those that were there in ‘16, are there many merch stands in the new bleachers enterance and area of Wrigley?  I have field seats and need to enter that way. 
    Post edited by stateofloveandpj on

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • For those that were there in ‘16, are there many merch stands in the new bleachers enterance and area of Wrigley?  I have field seats and need to enter that way. 
    So this is interesting - I just reread the email from yesterday:

Wrigley Field gates will be split into two types of lines; Ten Club and general public. Please enter through the gate listed on your tickets and be sure you are in the Ten Club only line. There will be signage and event staff to help direct you to the appropriate line
    at your assigned gate. This is important because your tickets will not scan from the general public lines. So please be sure you are in the Ten Club line at your designated gate. Ten Club tickets will not be accepted at the Marquee Gate.

What this tells you is that you can enter at any gate, but you have to enter in the Ten Club line.  The ONLY gate that Ten Club tickets will not be accepted is the gate directly under the Wrigley sign.  Note:  That's directly in front of where the very large Cub Store is & where there will be a plethora of merchandise available.....
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• For those that were there in ‘16, are there many merch stands in the new bleachers enterance and area of Wrigley?  I have field seats and need to enter that way. 
    So this is interesting - I just reread the email from yesterday:

Wrigley Field gates will be split into two types of lines; Ten Club and general public. Please enter through the gate listed on your tickets and be sure you are in the Ten Club only line. There will be signage and event staff to help direct you to the appropriate line
    at your assigned gate. This is important because your tickets will not scan from the general public lines. So please be sure you are in the Ten Club line at your designated gate. Ten Club tickets will not be accepted at the Marquee Gate.

What this tells you is that you can enter at any gate, but you have to enter in the Ten Club line.  The ONLY gate that Ten Club tickets will not be accepted is the gate directly under the Wrigley sign.  Note:  That's directly in front of where the very large Cub Store is & where there will be a plethora of merchandise available.....
    Thanks. I was trying to figure out if you have to enter at the specific gate on your ticket or any 10c enterence line. Figured there would be more merch stand options in the main concourse. Sounds like you can as long as it is a 10c line 

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
    Does anyone know if I can exchange my hoodie purchased yesterday for another size? I have a receipt, but the apparel they sell doesn’t come with tags or anything. These hoodies run super small and I obviously didn’t try it on in line. Does anyone know?