Options

Wrigley merch line

Comments

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    shmap said:
    After 70 minutes in line, about four rows from the tent. Watching quite a few people leave with 6-8 posters. Updates once inside the tent.
    Hate hearing and seeing people take a bunch of posters.
    If people bought two of each poster, can’t get too upset over it
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,469
    If that person bought 1 of each, then 1 extra for a friend, i have no problem with that.  Its the "more than 2 of each one" I have a problem with.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    What does one need 10 posters from one concert for?
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    shmap said:
    After 70 minutes in line, about four rows from the tent. Watching quite a few people leave with 6-8 posters. Updates once inside the tent.
    Hate hearing and seeing people take a bunch of posters.
    If people bought two of each poster, can’t get too upset over it
    Hoping that’s the case; I’m in the middle of the line so I haven’t been able to ask the people leaving if limits are being enforced. Will let you know!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Vedd Hedd said:
    If that person bought 1 of each, then 1 extra for a friend, i have no problem with that.  Its the "more than 2 of each one" I have a problem with.  
    They limit to 2 per poster, so no one is getting more than that. That part is fair if buying a second for a friend. It’s the stories of people walking out with 2 of each and getting right back in line that suck. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    They limit to 2 per poster, so no one is getting more than that. That part is fair if buying a second for a friend. It’s the stories of people walking out with 2 of each and getting right back in line that suck. 
    Ah, thats true.  That said....there seemed to be plenty in stock.  Also, there were merch tents inside Wrigley field last time, with everything in stock.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    mikeliska said:
    Lots of people want to collect a set for the show. Extras could be for a friend, to trade for other posters, etc.
  • Options
    MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255

ISO Chicago Flag Tee MEDIUM and Wristband

Rather than demanding, saying please might help. 
  • Options
    how long we looking at this point
    Ladies and Gentlemen MR MIKE MCCREADY!!!
  • Options
    how long we looking at this point
    Got here 90 minutes ago, started 1.5 blocks down the street, now about 20 people away from being in the tent. Last I saw the line is still stretched down the street but I have no idea how far.
  • Options
    in town now staying at The Hyatt place river north if someone can help me out and grab a Thomas first and second beers are on me
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Vedd Hedd said:
    +1 on this.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    PJWGIII said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    +1 on this.
    Policy for more than 2 of each one.  For example, you want 1 x Thomas poster it is $35.  You want 2 x Thomas poster it is $35 for the first and $45 for the second.  You want 3 x Thomas poster you pay $35, $45, $55.  If you want 4 x Thomas poster - well then you really try to shut down the multiple purchaser - the first one at $35, second one at $45, third one at $55 and the 4th one is $200.  I think at a certain price point the person does not buy that third and fourth poster.  If they want to wait in multiple hour + wait lines to do it then let them waste their day.  If they want to pay $335 for 4 posters then go right ahead
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    I got an extra ticket for tomorrow night. Sec 403 row 7. Printed out (tickets.com)

anyone interested in picking me up a Thomas, XL flaming slugger and skull keychain for a trade?  

Landing later tonight in Chicago. Can meet up tomorrow early so don’t have to bring the stuff into the show. Staying by solider field 

pm if interested 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mikeliska said:
    Lots of people want to collect a set for the show. Extras could be for a friend, to trade for other posters, etc.
     Makes sense, I guess I just don't know what people will do with them all.  Unless you live in some palatial estate there's only so much room on the walls to hang them.
  • Options
    mikeliska said:
    pjl44 said:
    mikeliska said:
     Makes sense, I guess I just don't know what people will do with them all.  Unless you live in some palatial estate there's only so much room on the walls to hang them.
    I have a big portfolio book.   
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    Thomas is sold out for the day.  Will not be restocked. 
  • Options
    The guy that took my order late yesterday seemed very confused when I only ordered one copy of one print. I would have gotten one of the Thomas prints but it was gone by the time I got there. I'm guessing multiple copies of multiple posters is very much the norm
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    mikeliska said:
    pjl44 said:
    mikeliska said:
    Hang a bunch, have a bunch of my other favorites in a portfolio that's easy to flip through. The rest are stored flat in a couple boxes.

Same as collecting anything really. Most of my stuff has appreciated a little to a lot. It would be a breeze to recoup what I paid if I ever need to.
  • Options
    Gotcha.  I think I'd just rather display my artwork so I get pretty choosy with what I buy.
  • Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    Five_Hole said:
    The guy that took my order late yesterday seemed very confused when I only ordered one copy of one print. I would have gotten one of the Thomas prints but it was gone by the time I got there. I'm guessing multiple copies of multiple posters is very much the norm
    I got the same reaction in Seattle.  I asked for one poster of two different designs.  He confirmed both designs and then looked at me confused and said, “Only one of each?”.  I just laughed, shook my head and said yes.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 394
    How's it looking for posters today? Just landed and looong for a Thomas and Jackson print. Worth stopping by? 
  • Options
    wwsuicide just said Thomas is out.
  • Options
    This will be my first two shows, if I get down there around 6am on Monday should that be early enough? I’m flying in tomorrow morning and land at 9:30 so won’t get down till closer to show time, will there be merch inside? Not looking for a poster...unless someone wants to pick one up for me! Thanks for any insight on the merch details for a noob.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited August 2018
    Everyone needs more. This is bullshit you can only buy 10 posters before you have to get in line again.  What kind of an asshole gets less than 10 posters when they go to a concert?!?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Everyone needs more. This is bullshit you can only buy 10 posters before you have to get in line again.  What kind of an asshole gets less than 10 posters when they go to a concert?!?
    I just want one Thomas must be an asshole...lol
  • Options
    In line at 11:30, out at 1:30. Got everything I wanted except the Thomas. The line is much shorter now, not stretching down the street anymore. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    shmap said:
    In line at 11:30, out at 1:30. Got everything I wanted except the Thomas. The line is much shorter now, not stretching down the street anymore. Good luck everyone!
    Sounds like the line is longer but moving faster than yesterday.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    shmap said:
    Sounds like the line is longer but moving faster than yesterday.
    They’re pretty well-staffed, at least ten guys working behind the tables.
  • Options
    shmap said:
    You got out at 1:30 and they were sold out of Thomas in an hour and a half the day before the show?  
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)