Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386
    RP112579 said:
    Not too bad right now.

The guy on the right has taken a bit of flak for his shirt which I won't comment on; however, I feel he needs a bit of help with his brim curvature.

People with hats... listen up. The apex of the curve for your brim must be centrally located with equal arcs stemming to either side. Otherwise people get cockeyed when they look at you. It's just not fair to your viewers.
    Is that zed from police academy?
    Go easy.  I think the person might be trans...Saw them in line last year.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    KS80184 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Not too bad right now.

The guy on the right has taken a bit of flak for his shirt which I won't comment on; however, I feel he needs a bit of help with his brim curvature.

People with hats... listen up. The apex of the curve for your brim must be centrally located with equal arcs stemming to either side. Otherwise people get cockeyed when they look at you. It's just not fair to your viewers.
    Seconding this. Was getting a little uneasy with where the comments were going. Be cool, people.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited August 2018
    KS80184 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Not too bad right now.

So a different kind of flipper? lol
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    RP112579 said:
    Not too bad right now.

let us know which poster sells out first.  thanks.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315
    demetrios said:

pauljacksonlivesAlways an honour and a pleasure to be asked to work with @pearljam ...
    Loved doing this one, it’s a throw back to the 30s/prohibition and a take on the old baseball card / adverts aesthetic of the time, a sort of mash up of that era. I will have APs AND variants available on Tuesday!!! The variant is awesome too...
    Huge thanks to @mrtsurt and the team for being so awesome and easy to work with - also thanks to @inhousesilkscreen for always knocking it out of the park with the print quality...
    Anyone going to these PJ shows over the weekend - have fun and be safe!
    #pearljam #pauljackson #wrigleyfield #chicago #showposter #gigposter #screenprinting #screenprint #inhouseprinting

Love this poster!
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Not too bad right now.

True story: I have a Mariners hat where the brim is slightly off center, so having my apex positioned correctly drives me a little nuts.

I'm a little confused.

Are you saying you prefer an off-centered apex?

And no shit: I've got a Mariners hat I started using for yard work and painting because it had an off-centered apex. It pissed me off. I never noticed it when I bought it. Tried to correct it, but no dice.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Got in line like 5mins ago and I'm still within the barriers....right at the end though. 

Doors are open...
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Opened right on time
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Not too bad right now.

True story: I have a Mariners hat where the brim is slightly off center, so having my apex positioned correctly drives me a little nuts.

I'm a little confused.

And no shit: I've got a Mariners hat I started using for yard work and painting because it had an off-centered apex. It pissed me off. I never noticed it when I bought it. Tried to correct it, but no dice.
    No...not at all. I'm with you 100%. The Mariners hat pisses me off because I only have two choices:

- Wear the hat straight and move the apex
    - Center the apex and the logo is off center

I wonder if we have the same hat! Mine is a Cooperstown Collection, soft and fitted, with the old star and trident logo.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,986
    Oh sorry. No offence meant
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tophandtophand Posts: 7
    Hi all. This is my first post, so apologies for any dumb questions. My wife and I are flying up from Alabama tomorrow for the Saturday show. This will be my 3rd, her 2nd. First as at Ten Club member. It only took me 20+ years to join. Anyway, for shows like this, what is the usual poster count and do they try to ration them out over the weekend? What are my odds of getting a poster if I come straight to Wrigley from the airport tomorrow, early afternoon? That is my current plan, also so I don't have to carry around merch Saturday night. Thanks for any tips or advice. Just want to have a great weekend and enjoy the show. Our first time in Chicago so we are taking a couple of extra days to explore as well. 
  • Options
    Love the Steve Thomas poster! I have a Faile or Emek poster I purchased at the Seattle shows that would be willing to trade. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Not too bad right now.

I'm a little confused.

No...not at all. I'm with you 100%. The Mariners hat pisses me off because I only have two choices:

- Wear the hat straight and move the apex
    - Center the apex and the logo is off center

I wonder if we have the same hat! Mine is a Cooperstown Collection, soft and fitted, with the old star and trident logo.

Okay. Pshew. You're normal.

My hat sounds the same- it's white with the blue old star and trident.
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    edited August 2018
    tophand said:
    Hi all. This is my first post, so apologies for any dumb questions. My wife and I are flying up from Alabama tomorrow for the Saturday show. This will be my 3rd, her 2nd. First as at Ten Club member. It only took me 20+ years to join. Anyway, for shows like this, what is the usual poster count and do they try to ration them out over the weekend? What are my odds of getting a poster if I come straight to Wrigley from the airport tomorrow, early afternoon? That is my current plan, also so I don't have to carry around merch Saturday night. Thanks for any tips or advice. Just want to have a great weekend and enjoy the show. Our first time in Chicago so we are taking a couple of extra days to explore as well. 
    you will definitely get a poster, you just have to wait in line for it.  i like to buy my poster/s before the start of the first concert and any little things like stickers and buttons cause they could fit in the tube.  after the show, i'll buy shirts or hats or sweaters cause they are bulkier and its just less to carry while watching the show. plus you don't have to worry about spilling anything on them.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    I'm about to turn into the 2nd lane outside the door.

Already seen this dude walk out with a 5" poster tube and a medium sized duffle bag. Went somewhere, came back gave the guy with the "shirt" a credit card and jumped right back in line again.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    tophandtophand Posts: 7
    MR242791 said:
    tophand said:
    you will definitely get a poster, you just have to wait in line for it.  i like to buy my poster/s before the start of the first concert and any little things like stickers and buttons cause they could fit in the tube.  after the show, i'll buy shirts or hats or sweaters cause they are bulkier and its just less to carry while watching the show. plus you don't have to worry about spilling anything on them.
    OK, thanks. That's a good plan. The last show I went to in Columbia, SC in 2016 only had a limited amount for the one show and I didn't get one. Had to pay the piper on eBay. Have a great weekend!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,902
    • kindred_studio Oh man, it was a real honor and a tonne of fun to create this poster for @pearljam’s Wrigley Field Chicago shows this weekend. I’ll have signed edition prints plus an artist variant for sale in my store next Tuesday. .
      Big ole’ thanks to @mrtsurt @ianwilliamsart and @inhousesilkscreen for making it happen.

• Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Is it true that poster limit has gone down from 2 to 1 pp?
  • Options

Already seen this dude walk out with a 5" poster tube and a medium sized duffle bag. Went somewhere, came back gave the guy with the "shirt" a credit card and jumped right back in line again.

Sooo... they're cycling in and out of line?
  • Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    I hope so
    PA
  • Options
    Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    Doubt it, people are walking out w stacks
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Dug1200 said:
    And already up on ebay
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Dug1200 said:
    How long ago was that? Thanks!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    It’s 2. Should be 1. Lot of obvious flippers 
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    demetrios said:

pauljacksonlivesAlways an honour and a pleasure to be asked to work with @pearljam ...
    Loved doing this one, it’s a throw back to the 30s/prohibition and a take on the old baseball card / adverts aesthetic of the time, a sort of mash up of that era. I will have APs AND variants available on Tuesday!!! The variant is awesome too...
    Huge thanks to @mrtsurt and the team for being so awesome and easy to work with - also thanks to @inhousesilkscreen for always knocking it out of the park with the print quality...
    Anyone going to these PJ shows over the weekend - have fun and be safe!
    #pearljam #pauljackson #wrigleyfield #chicago #showposter #gigposter #screenprinting #screenprint #inhouseprinting

I'm sorry.  This was the clear winner, but it's like some of the Timothy Pittides prints.  The hands are all jacked up.  I can't stop staring at her hand on her hat.  Not well done at all.  Sorry to ruin it for you all.  That EV from Pittides was the same with the hairy arms and the weird hands/fingers on the guitar.  I'm sorry its a deal breaker for me.  Looks like she got a man's hand transplanted onto her wrist...you can see the scar and everything.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    Confirmed there are 3 lanes inside too.

Yup, same people that walked out with duffle bags of stuff are right back in line. Passing credit card to dude in the open sleeve shirt. 
  • Options
  • Options

Yup, same people that walked out with duffle bags of stuff are right back in line. Passing credit card to dude in the open sleeve shirt. 

Okay.

So can we get back to making fun of his shirt then?
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,986

Okay.

So can we get back to making fun of his shirt then?
    Ok I don't feel bad anymore
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

Fair warning to anyone who might eyeball me in Boston: If the line is moving quick enough, I am definitely getting back in to get another 10 card packs. Can't be taking chances on proper collation.