Options

"Leash" not played in Chicago in 24+ years! Time to end this drought please.

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Ray J. T. said:
    JP218404 said:
    So @Ray J. T. got it dropped and only fitting he deserves something for his efforts. PM me your address and it will get out on Monday!

and here is my personal favorite Leash I’ve seen

https://youtu.be/-mNXbHslN4Q
     Thank you so much @JP218404 this is the perfect reminder of an epic performance and weekend where after a long delay (2013 all over again) anxiety was setting high as none of us knew what to expect on what kind of show we were going to get if any. And boy did they come out swinging for the fences on this one. Energy was extremely high, and they didn't miss a beat. Thanks again, PM sent 

By the way love that performance in Limelight. Any chance you were one of the crowd surfers in that one? :lol:
    I was for part of the show. Then moved with other people I was with in the upper corner deck. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    JP218404 said:
    So @Ray J. T. got it dropped and only fitting he deserves something for his efforts. PM me your address and it will get out on Monday!

Good thing I've got all warm fuzzies for you for sending Ray J his white whale shirt, cuz otherwise I'd be stewing in jealousy that you were at that Limelight show! ;)  Naaaww, happy for you and it's all good, lucky you and thanks for the video!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

Good thing I've got all warm fuzzies for you for sending Ray J his white whale shirt, cuz otherwise I'd be stewing in jealousy that you were at that Limelight show! ;)  Naaaww, happy for you and it's all good, lucky you and thanks for the video!
    HA! Ray deserves it!

It was a special one I can tell ya. Never will forget that one and I got to see a lot of 91-92 shows but that one.... just wow.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

It was a special one I can tell ya. Never will forget that one and I got to see a lot of 91-92 shows but that one.... just wow.

Dude, no need to rub it in, damn! =)

Seriously though, I'm from NYC, been to Limelight many times back in the day.  I think I lived on the west coast when this show happened so that's the main reason I missed it, but it kills me that they played a show like this at Limelight and I didn't go.

Would love to hear about some of your other '91-'92 experiences, have you ever written them up anywhere?

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

Seriously though, I'm from NYC, been to Limelight many times back in the day.  I think I lived on the west coast when this show happened so that's the main reason I missed it, but it kills me that they played a show like this at Limelight and I didn't go.

Would love to hear about some of your other '91-'92 experiences, have you ever written them up anywhere?

You and me both. Would love to hear some of the stories myself. Maybe there is a story somewhere in there where Ed stage dove and crowd surfed with @JP218404 a lot of special shows taken place in that era. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

Never wrote anything up story wise Only things are stuff I’ve posted on the forum. I was an intern at Epic records in 91 and my first job was sending the 3 song cassette to the mother love bone fan club and getting to see their first ever NYC shows at Marquee and Wetlands and then CBGBs plus those opening shows for the peppers and pumpkins at Roseland. 

And  limelight was a special place 
    Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

Never wrote anything up story wise Only things are stuff I’ve posted on the forum. I was an intern at Epic records in 91 and my first job was sending the 3 song cassette to the mother love bone fan club and getting to see their first ever NYC shows at Marquee and Wetlands and then CBGBs plus those opening shows for the peppers and pumpkins at Roseland. 

At the risk of derailing this thread, and in light of the historic mood many of us are in from the PJ MoPop Seattle exhibit, DUDE PLEASE WRITE UP YOUR MEMORIES/FANVIEWS OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE SHOWS!!!  I'm happy to start a thread on it if I have your permission, or write it and  DM it.  I absolutely love reading narratives about it, and jay-zus you were an intern at Epic during THAT time?  And that was your FIRST JOB??  DETAILS!  We need DETAILS!

It's the only responsible thing, seriously... =)
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

At the risk of derailing this thread, and in light of the historic mood many of us are in from the PJ MoPop Seattle exhibit, DUDE PLEASE WRITE UP YOUR MEMORIES/FANVIEWS OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE SHOWS!!!  I'm happy to start a thread on it if I have your permission, or write it and  DM it.  I absolutely love reading narratives about it, and jay-zus you were an intern at Epic during THAT time?  And that was your FIRST JOB??  DETAILS!  We need DETAILS!

What ya wanna know about the box of mookie blaylock shirts that was by me that were suppose to be sent out,  I grab two and then a couple days later that got taken away cause they weren’t allow to use his image? Box of them!!  Painful. And I wear my two to shit and don’t have them anymore! 

Im not a writer. I’ll think about it 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

Make sure to share those messages! :lol: and I bet now I know somebody with a Reeenk Roink! Intern at Epic. Haha. 
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

Make sure to share those messages! :lol: and I bet now I know somebody with a Reeenk Roink! Intern at Epic. Haha. 
    Had. Sold it last year
    there is a thread in the forum about it 
    had no idea I had one 

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

What ya wanna know about the box of mookie blaylock shirts that was by me that were suppose to be sent out,  I grab two and then a couple days later that got taken away cause they weren’t allow to use his image? Box of them!!  Painful. And I wear my two to shit and don’t have them anymore! 

I'll have to respectfully disagree about you not being a writer!  The BEST stories about these times (IMHO) are the ones that are just like sitting, having a beer with someone and they're telling all their stories.  What you've already said is gold, seriously, just write it all out like that.  Or, are you going to Fenway?  I'll buy you a pitcher of whatever your preference is if you'll just tell tales for awhile!   I'm going to Fenway 1 & 2.  Ray J T are you going to Fenway?  We could be an audience of 2!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

I'll have to respectfully disagree about you not being a writer!  The BEST stories about these times (IMHO) are the ones that are just like sitting, having a beer with someone and they're telling all their stories.  What you've already said is gold, seriously, just write it all out like that.  Or, are you going to Fenway?  I'll buy you a pitcher of whatever your preference is if you'll just tell tales for awhile!   I'm going to Fenway 1 & 2.  Ray J T are you going to Fenway?  We could be an audience of 2!
    I’ll be at fenway 2
    driving up from jersey
     hoping to be there by 3-4
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

I’ll be at fenway 2
    driving up from jersey
    "Have your people call my people and Ray J's people, let's do lunch! At like 9:00am!"  Seriously, you have that many stories we need to hear...

But ok, real life and all, I've got a lot of friends going so I'm going early and it'll probably be an all day thing for me anyway, so whenever you get there, your beer is on me for storytime. If we can get the whole band to attend, will you all re-enact the Limelight or Marquee show wherever we have that beer?
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

HA! Ray deserves it!

I’ll be at fenway 2
    driving up from jersey
    "Have your people call my people and Ray J's people, let's do lunch! At like 9:00am!"  Seriously, you have that many stories we need to hear...

But ok, real life and all, I've got a lot of friends going so I'm going early and it'll probably be an all day thing for me anyway, so whenever you get there, your beer is on me for storytime. If we can get the whole band to attend, will you all re-enact the Limelight or Marquee show wherever we have that beer?
    Ha!!! You got it!
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    I wish I was going to Fenway. That's the first place the wife and I discussed about going back to when the shows were first rumored. If there was any glimmer of hope to attend the Fenway shows, it would be N1 only for me. But very slim chance I can make it last minute. I know these shows are going to be epic as they close out this year's tour. You guys are in for a helluva weekend. 
  • Options
    Deal!

Ok, back to requesting Leash for Wrigley! =)