Options

"Leash" not played in Chicago in 24+ years! Time to end this drought please.

Comments

• Options
    Could only attend N1.  Who wants to hear Leash on their 21st show anyway?  Pffffft.  I'll wait until my 25th, thank you very much!

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,868
    Zod said:
    PJWGIII said:
    Lost my fucking mind when they started it! Can’t believe the thread worked!!
    It's funny that people complain about people requesting songs in the forum, but they do play them.   I'm not sure if the band looks themselves, or if someone from the 10c relays it to them, but it's pretty cool.
    I do believe the threads find themselves making their way to the band somehow as well. I can't believe it finally happened. Thank you to the band for putting on such an epic performance after what we thought was going to be an ugly situation due to weather. But the boys were able to pull it off until late night. Thank you to all who supported this thread, and to the ones who were supporting as well via Facebook. We got one amazing performance. Troubled souls united all had each other last night. 
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    edited August 2018
    We ran into a guy from Toronto at the pre-party who was attending his 40th show last night and he was yet to hear Leash. Poor bastard finally got it. It was my 4th time in 10 shows lol but that’s the beauty of Pearl Jam. It’s always epic. 
    Post edited by RiotZact on
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,172
    Man, chances were starting to look slim last night, then as soon as I told my wife that you might not get it, they started right in!!!  congrats. Glad they did it!!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    PJWGIII said:
    AWESOME! AWESOME!     
    1upstate requested Black - PLAYED
    I requested Smile- PLAYED
    Ray requested Leash - PLAYED

Were there any other requests that got played? 
    I'm like a tab
  • Options
    BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    Personally... I went CRAZY.... woke up my wife.  She wasn't happy... then she was happy.  
    I'm like a tab
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Ray!!!! You got Leash!!! Man I was so happy for you when they played it, I knew you would be rocking out! Hoped to see you guys after the show. It was good to see you again Saturday. Have a safe trip home!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    I never made it to rooftop bar, Ray. it waa closed 2x I tried. 

raise a glass to leash!
  • Options
    PJWGIII said:
    AWESOME! AWESOME!     

Given To Fly
  • Options
    Mamasan23 said:
    Ray!!!! You got Leash!!! Man I was so happy for you when they played it, I knew you would be rocking out! Hoped to see you guys after the show. It was good to see you again Saturday. Have a safe trip home!
    Thank you so much. We tried to catch up with you guys again at Yak-Zies after the show, we figured since the show ran late you maybe started to head back right after the show. Amazing night, amazing weekend overall! We had a blast again with the crew. Hope we can all get together again for a future show sooner rather than later. Hope you guys have a safe drive back. Drop the Leash! 
  • Options
    tup30 said:
    I never made it to rooftop bar, Ray. it waa closed 2x I tried. 

raise a glass to leash!
    We took a trip to the rooftop bar for a while before Night 1 and it was really cool, more of a party atmosphere as oppose to a relaxing one, but still very cool. Cheers to Leash, and to future shows of getting together. 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    edited August 2018
    Hope this works... And it didn't
    Post edited by Gtilley8 on
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Maybe this.... Nope
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Ray J. T. said:
    Mamasan23 said:
    Thank you so much. We tried to catch up with you guys again at Yak-Zies after the show, we figured since the show ran late you maybe started to head back right after the show. Amazing night, amazing weekend overall! We had a blast again with the crew. Hope we can all get together again for a future show sooner rather than later. Hope you guys have a safe drive back. Drop the Leash! 
    Come to Fenway! So glad they dropped dat leash :rock_on:
  • Options
    PJWGIII said:
    AWESOME! AWESOME!     

There was a request for Getaway as well which was also played. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    Sometimes I think the line sounds like "We've got the means to meet Ament."  LOL.  Congrats on finally getting DTL-GOOMFF
  • Options
    Sometimes I think the line sounds like "We've got the means to meet Ament."  LOL.  Congrats on finally getting DTL-GOOMFF
    Ha. Thanks, it was an amazing performance. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,799
    Hey, now that PJ dropped the Leash, maybe you could drop the "U"?

:lol::lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Hey, now that PJ dropped the Leash, maybe you could drop the "U"?

:lol::lol:
    Magic 8 ball just said: 

"Outlook not so good" 

Go Canes! :lol:
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Ray J. T. said:
    Mamasan23 said:
    Come to Fenway! So glad they dropped dat leash :rock_on:
    Nothing more would I love than to make the trip Fenway as well. Boston is an amazing city and its been one of our favorites, but it would take a lot of planning to make that trip happen as well. Child care planning alone is really tough. I'll say this much I won't say it definitely can't happen as of right now. Maybe we pull something spontaneous off. Either way, I know you are going to have a blast. Especially with @SmallestOceans  taking you to all the right places. 
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Ha ha! Do it Ray, that's the spirit!!
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,892
    Confession. I left. I did. I had an hour and a half drive home. My parking was expiring and I was 15 minutes away. I was staring down a full day of teaching high schoolers followed by coaching and then making it up to my wife for leaving her with a 4 year old and 4 month old so I could go jam. I will forever kick myself. They rocked into Smile at 11:45 and I thought well, that's ball game. I don't care about Evil Little Goat. But I did learn A. Never leave before Alive. B. It doesn't matter if you get 4 hours of sleep or 4.5 hours of sleep. C. I am kicking myself and in a little bit of mourning. Sure I was there. It was all epic but I punted on the end game. Glad you all got it and man am I regretful. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    CP218430 said:
    Confession. I left. I did. I had an hour and a half drive home. My parking was expiring and I was 15 minutes away. I was staring down a full day of teaching high schoolers followed by coaching and then making it up to my wife for leaving her with a 4 year old and 4 month old so I could go jam. I will forever kick myself. They rocked into Smile at 11:45 and I thought well, that's ball game. I don't care about Evil Little Goat. But I did learn A. Never leave before Alive. B. It doesn't matter if you get 4 hours of sleep or 4.5 hours of sleep. C. I am kicking myself and in a little bit of mourning. Sure I was there. It was all epic but I punted on the end game. Glad you all got it and man am I regretful. 
    This is extremely heartbreaking to read. I am really sorry you missed out on an epic performance that you have been helping me advocate for since the thread started. But at the end of the day it looks like you have fully looked at all the things not to do and why not to do them, so lesson learned. With that being said, it doesn't mean that it wont happen for you at some point, and when it does it will be epic. As for me, it basically has to come down to security telling me that I have to leave because the show is over, because you just never know what is going to happen. The good thing is that at the end of the day, this band is showing no signs of slowing down, or looking to take it easy over the next few years. I have no doubts that you will have your chance at it, along many others you want to see live. Cheers to you, and the future shows. 
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,892
    Kinds words are much appreciated.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Phenomenal video. Thanks for posting and sharing. What a performance!!!! Amazing how they were able to give us a full show after a delay that felt like an eternity, and anxiety setting in that the show was going to be cut short. 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    So @Ray J. T. got it dropped and only fitting he deserves something for his efforts. PM me your address and it will get out on Monday!

and here is my personal favorite Leash I’ve seen

https://youtu.be/-mNXbHslN4Q
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    So @Ray J. T. got it dropped and only fitting he deserves something for his efforts. PM me your address and it will get out on Monday!

and here is my personal favorite Leash I’ve seen

https://youtu.be/-mNXbHslN4Q
     Thank you so much @JP218404 this is the perfect reminder of an epic performance and weekend where after a long delay (2013 all over again) anxiety was setting high as none of us knew what to expect on what kind of show we were going to get if any. And boy did they come out swinging for the fences on this one. Energy was extremely high, and they didn't miss a beat. Thanks again, PM sent 

By the way love that performance in Limelight. Any chance you were one of the crowd surfers in that one? :lol: