Options

The Alt-Left

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Thugs and cowards...people who cover their face while committing a crime are COWARDS and should get 20 years minimum...NO PAROLE.
    Many states actually having anti-masking laws...mostly put into place back in the day because of the KKK. But Oregon isn't one of those states. Here's a list of which states have those laws, which don't, and what the laws actually are...

http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/mcs/maskcodes.html
    It should be a federal law...just cowards and thugs...far right/left thugs need to be jailed.  Protest peacefully or go to jail...
    I think most places have the same view.  Oregonians have just taken it upon themselves to turn their state/city into a shithole and let these thugs run wild.  
    Portland in particular.  That used to be a great town.  What a sh*thole it's become.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    Antifa- a bunch of fascist thugs posing as people opposed to fascism.  

I say, round up the Proud Boys and the Antifa bums, give them all the weapons they can carry, and put them on an Island and be done with the lot of them.
    I have the perfect island

This Brazilian Island Has So Many Snakes, Humans Aren’t Allowed
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/snake-island
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Antifa- a bunch of fascist thugs posing as people opposed to fascism.  

I say, round up the Proud Boys and the Antifa bums, give them all the weapons they can carry, and put them on an Island and be done with the lot of them.
    I have the perfect island

This Brazilian Island Has So Many Snakes, Humans Aren’t Allowed
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/snake-island
    A winner!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Alt right = 1 dead American peaceful protestor
    Antifa = bunch of bashed heads no deaths
    whos the most violent of the two , I don’t condone violence of any type but driving a car into unsuspecting civilians is as bad as a terrorist act ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    whos the most violent of the two , I don’t condone violence of any type but driving a car into unsuspecting civilians is as bad as a terrorist act ...
    I am 2 wrongs do not make a right.  You are just the opposite...

Why not start holding ALL these irresponsible thugs accountable?  The right-wing thug gets to spend life in jail.  He should have received the death penalty.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I'm against all violent protest. 

Two of the most effective co-called "radical" groups, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and the original Earth First!, strongly condemn the use of violence against people.  Groups like Proud Boys and Antifa that do harm to other humans are both scum. 

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I'm against all violent protest. 

Two of the most effective co-called "radical" groups, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and the original Earth First!, strongly condemn the use of violence against people.  Groups like Proud Boys and Antifa that do harm to other humans are both scum. 
    Agreed.  Protesting should be non-violent...stand there with signs...not whack people with them.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Why not start holding ALL these irresponsible thugs accountable?  The right-wing thug gets to spend life in jail.  He should have received the death penalty.
    I agree I don’t condone violence at all both groups should be condemned the difference I see is the Alt Right takes its Q from the Orange Baffoon and I’m glad we’re opposites, you stated that you don’t find protesting to be useful , I do ..
  • Options

I agree I don’t condone violence at all both groups should be condemned the difference I see is the Alt Right takes its Q from the Orange Baffoon and I’m glad we’re opposites, you stated that you don’t find protesting to be useful , I do ..
    Protesting is your prerogative.  I have no interest in protesting the government.  I do critique government but have never felt the need to protest.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Thugs and cowards...people who cover their face while committing a crime are COWARDS and should get 20 years minimum...NO PAROLE.
    Many states actually having anti-masking laws...mostly put into place back in the day because of the KKK. But Oregon isn't one of those states. Here's a list of which states have those laws, which don't, and what the laws actually are...

It should be a federal law...just cowards and thugs...far right/left thugs need to be jailed.  Protest peacefully or go to jail...
    I think most places have the same view.  Oregonians have just taken it upon themselves to turn their state/city into a shithole and let these thugs run wild.  
    Portland in particular.  That used to be a great town.  What a sh*thole it's become.
    That’s what I’ve heard, unfortunately :(. I second your idea of giving them all weapons and letting them thin their herds in a controlled environment where the rest of the sane civilians don’t have to be burdened by their violent nonsense.

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

It seems like there's a lot of that happening out west these days. I can't believe what's become of San Francisco. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

It seems like there's a lot of that happening out west these days. I can't believe what's become of San Francisco. 
    I grew up about 30 miles south of San Francisco, lived in S.F. for about 4 years and still get down there three or four times a year.  It used to be such a fine town- a place where just about anyone could live.  Now it's all wealthy people and hoards of homeless people.  It's become a very strange place to me!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I grew up about 30 miles south of San Francisco, lived in S.F. for about 4 years and still get down there three or four times a year.  It used to be such a fine town- a place where just about anyone could live.  Now it's all wealthy people and hoards of homeless people.  It's become a very strange place to me!
    You'd think the wealthy would try to help the homeless. Isn't that was the democratic party is all about? Helping the less fortunate? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    It's a bullshit term. There is no liberal equivalent of the alt-right.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Why do you say that?? Just because there are protests like this happening there? These things don't turn cities into shitholes. And even if you think so... get used to it. The politics in America generate this (Portland certainly doesn't). And if it weren't for this kind of resistance, the Trump clan would have a sure route to fascism.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Been to San Fran once...saw a few things...spend 40 hours of my 2 days stuck in traffic.  Never again.  The traffic sucks...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Why do you say that?? Just because there are protests like this happening there? These things don't turn cities into shitholes. And even if you think so... get used to it. The politics in America generate this (Portland certainly doesn't). And if it weren't for this kind of resistance, the Trump clan would have a sure route to fascism.
    I think “this type of resistance” only fuels the divide.  I don’t think they have hurt Trump in any way and have quite possibly done the opposite.  They let people say “see, look at those violent leftists” just like happens with “see, look at those violent righties” when someone is run over by a car by an alt-right fringe.  They are in no way beneficial to our democracy.

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I think “this type of resistance” only fuels the divide.  I don’t think they have hurt Trump in any way and have quite possibly done the opposite.  They let people say “see, look at those violent leftists” just like happens with “see, look at those violent righties” when someone is run over by a car by an alt-right fringe.  They are in no way beneficial to our democracy.

The divide is forged already. Too late for that. Now it's just a matter of straight up resistance on the streets. Anyway, my main point is that these things don't turn cities into shitholes. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

It should not matter...violence by either side is wrong, just plain wrong...people who think having shit thrown at other people's heads is funny...are sick.
    Most people who support violence can never back that up with any sanity...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

You'd think the wealthy would try to help the homeless. Isn't that was the democratic party is all about? Helping the less fortunate? 
    No remember the tax cuts for the wealthy the trickle down effect has never worked and why do you blame the Democrats? Remember the Baffoon just stated that homelessness started two years ago so in other words under his watch ..
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

No remember the tax cuts for the wealthy the trickle down effect has never worked and why do you blame the Democrats? 
    Well it's a city full of democrats. There were 276,855 registered democrats in San Francisco and only 42,922 registered Republicans in 2013. And since 2013, I'd wager a guess it's only become more democratic. So the Democrats that run San Francisco, in particular, Nancy Pelosi who has represented it's 12th district since 1987, are to blame. If Dallas, Texas ever becomes overrun with homelessness, with the smell of human fecal matter in the downtown air, I'll blame the Republicans. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

No remember the tax cuts for the wealthy the trickle down effect has never worked and why do you blame the Democrats? 
    Well it's a city full of democrats. There were 276,855 registered democrats in San Francisco and only 42,922 registered Republicans in 2013. And since 2013, I'd wager a guess it's only become more democratic. So the Democrats that run San Francisco, in particular, Nancy Pelosi who has represented it's 12th district since 1987, are to blame. If Dallas, Texas ever becomes overrun with homelessness, with the smell of human fecal matter in the downtown air, I'll blame the Republicans. 
    Ok you can blame the homeless on the Democrats I’ll blame the concentration camps on the Republicans 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

No remember the tax cuts for the wealthy the trickle down effect has never worked and why do you blame the Democrats? Remember the Baffoon just stated that homelessness started two years ago so in other words under his watch ..
    Homelessness really isn't a federal issue at all. It's a regional one. City governments and state governments need to be held responsible more than anyone, and they are the ones who need to work to fix the problem. Solutions would include dedicated modular housing with in-house support systems built in (build them and then literally hit the streets with the help of specially trained police and get the people living on the sidewalks into the housing, where resources are waiting, and where security exists), and a much more robust mental healthcare and addictions aid system that actually provides enough rooms/beds for those in need of that kind of assistance. Also, clearly, immediate remedies for sanitation for the homeless are needed desperately. All of these things are provided at the city and state level. And of course, some kind of real housing market control is required for such cities, including rent control. From what I can tell, the San Fran and Seattle politicians (Vancouver's too) have COMPLETELY dropped the ball. Here where I am the current governments are attempting to play catch-up after years of complete neglect when it comes to these issues, but catching up with these issues is so unbelievably difficult - the amount of money that suddenly needs to be poured into the issue in a short amount of time makes it very hard... but it is still necessary. It's a crisis situation, and must just be undertaken, no matter how difficult. Resources need to be rerouted towards it.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Ok you can blame the homeless on the Democrats I’ll blame the concentration camps on the Republicans 
    Yeah because we talking about concentration camps. What a cop-out response. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Yup, this current west coast blight is absolutely a case of progressive, good intentions with bad consequences. Seattle is a hell hole, and it isn't due to lack of compassion, or lack of funding. It is due to compassionate politics that hold the guilty blameless. They enable bad behavior and don't uphold the rule of law. People can camp on sidewalks, shit on sidewalks, carry 3 grams of opiates around with them, etc... and have no problem with the cops, because the cops are powerless and the prosecutors won't prosecute, and the mayor funds navigation teams to move them from one camp to another. Every one of the people in charge is a Dem, and most are progressives. There is a balance between the evil, compassionless GOP, and the misguided, progressive, overly enabling Dems. We just need to find it. Seattle hasn't.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Yup, this current west coast blight is absolutely a case of progressive, good intentions with bad consequences. Seattle is a hell hole, and it isn't due to lack of compassion, or lack of funding. It is due to compassionate politics that hold the guilty blameless. They enable bad behavior and don't uphold the rule of law. People can camp on sidewalks, shit on sidewalks, carry 3 grams of opiates around with them, etc... and have no problem with the cops, because the cops are powerless and the prosecutors won't prosecute, and the mayor funds navigation teams to move them from one camp to another. Every one of the people in charge is a Dem, and most are progressives. There is a balance between the evil, compassionless GOP, and the misguided, progressive, overly enabling Dems. We just need to find it. Seattle hasn't.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Great to hear your perspective since you actually live out that way (I'm near Philly). I bolded the parts I found most noteworthy. @josevolution

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

That a crazy what has happened to the west coast, having not visited in over ten years I didn’t realize it was this bad.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I agree with all this, but there is yet more to the story. Included in there is also the cost of living crisis in Seattle and San Fran. There is literally no low income housing for people there anymore, and a lot of the homeless wouldn't be homeless if they could find somewhere to rent that they could afford on very meager earnings or just with welfare (I'm talking places for rent under $500USD, which as we know doesn't exist in Seattle or San Fran (or Vancouver) anymore). And the causes of the lack of low income housing are extremely complicated, but can also be blamed on city governments.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I agree with all this, but there is yet more to the story. Included in there is also the cost of living crisis in Seattle and San Fran. There is literally no low income housing for people there anymore, and a lot of the homeless wouldn't be homeless if they could find somewhere to rent that they could afford on very meager earnings or just with welfare (I'm talking places for rent under $500USD, which as we know doesn't exist in Seattle or San Fran (or Vancouver) anymore). And the causes of the lack of low income housing are extremely complicated, but can also be blamed on city governments.
    Can't argue with that. The majority of the population around here is 1 paycheck away from homelessness. I rent a small house in the 'burbs. $2,5000/mo. Insanity.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    Yea, because I shouldn’t be depressed about the higher concentration of wealth among the top 1-5% and see that those in the bottom 2/3rds repeatedly vote fore candidates that perpetuate the myth against their own self interest because, you know, they owned the libs.

https://apple.news/AQWl45T_2Rb23-nQiZDHVEw

The vast amounts of wealth concentration is such that it’s affecting the everyday lives of the rest of us.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.