Pearl Jam x Underground Wine Project

Comments

• KW6232KW6232 Posts: 348
    hihobibo said:
    KW6232 said:
    hihobibo said:
    MayDay10 said:
    PJlive said:
    People are going to regret not getting this. Just like the Copa jerseys. It always happens.....
    I dont think so with me.  I think I would have felt worse if I spent $180+ on more "stuff" like this.  I already feel better
    For $180 I better be getting 12 bottles of wine. That's a lot of money to spend because it has a sticker on the bottle. 
    It's $32 a bottle for the wine without the Pj label. So $22 more than normal for this wine. but it's going to charity. And you get a nice box. 
    I'm just saying that I never spend more than $15 on wine, and rarely do that.
    I agree. Normally I wouldn't spend that much on a bottle either. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    KW6232 said:
    hihobibo said:
    KW6232 said:
    hihobibo said:
    MayDay10 said:
    PJlive said:
    People are going to regret not getting this. Just like the Copa jerseys. It always happens.....
    I dont think so with me.  I think I would have felt worse if I spent $180+ on more "stuff" like this.  I already feel better
    For $180 I better be getting 12 bottles of wine. That's a lot of money to spend because it has a sticker on the bottle. 
    It's $32 a bottle for the wine without the Pj label. So $22 more than normal for this wine. but it's going to charity. And you get a nice box. 
    I'm just saying that I never spend more than $15 on wine, and rarely do that.
    I agree. Normally I wouldn't spend that much on a bottle either. 
    Seghesio Red Zin.  Best $27 you'll spend!
  • For those Canadians who preferred, what did your exchange come out to?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    WHERE IS MY PEARL JAM ORANGE SODA!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,440
    For those Canadians who preferred, what did your exchange come out to?
    I imagine American Express will be in the 1.32 range
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Not a EV Zippo...
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054

Orange soda?!?

The Underground Wine Project, along with our parent wineries, Mark Ryan Winery and Sleight of Hand Cellars, are extremely proud to announce our partnership with Pearl Jam and the Vitalogy Foundation for the upcoming Home Shows in Seattle on August 8 and 10th, 2018. If you have ever visited either Sleight of Hand’s or Mark Ryan’s tasting rooms, you will know that both Trey and Mark are lifelong Pearl Jam fans by the numerous concert posters and memorabilia that adorn the walls of each space. Their love of Pearl Jam doesn’t just stop at the music, however. The philanthropic spirit of Pearl Jam has filtered down to the fans by the millions, and we are fortunate enough to be part of that group.

The Underground Wine Project, in collaboration with Pearl Jam and the Vitalogy Foundation, is offering a VERY limited quantity of specially designed box sets of our cult wine, Idle Hands, and titled “Home x Away”. Included in this box set are 4 bottles of wine, each with a different label designed by the team at Pearl Jam. The wine is packaged in a custom printed box. Only 450 box sets are being produced. Pricing for this box set is $150.00. Customers are limited to 1 box set per person. These will begin shipping in mid-September based on weather (we want to ensure that the wine that we send you is not compromised by heat). You must be 21 years old or older to purchase, and these will require an adult signature upon receipt.

BUY WINE HERE

The Underground Wine Project will be donating 100% of the proceeds from the sale of these box sets to The Home Shows, a program of Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation, and their commitment to helping find a solution for the homelessness issue that King County faces. See Pearl Jam’s statement about The Home Shows below.

The Home Shows will be our first Seattle concerts in 5 years. 

Most of us grew up here. Over the past 28 years, the City of Seattle’s population has grown by 40%. The region’s homelessness population is now the third largest in the country, with over 12,000 people living without shelter on any one night. This is not a number to be proud of. 

These shows are about shining a spotlight on the problem and solutions to homelessness in our hometown and joining a growing list of businesses, individuals, government agencies, and foundations who are collaborating to tackle the biggest public health crisis to hit our community in recent history. 

Band together with us by donating, volunteering, and getting more informed! 

We want to do our part as well. Mark grew up in Seattle and still calls it home. Trey moved to Seattle in 1992 from Athens, GA, chasing his favorite band, and has lived in the PNW ever since. We have seen this city change in such a dramatic way in the past 26 years, mostly for the better. But certainly, that growth has presented its challenges, and homelessness is at the top of the list. We applaud Pearl Jam, and the Vitalogy Foundation, for working to find a solution to this issue that affects us all. Seattle is still our home. And for Pearl Jam fans, it’s your home, too. Thank you for supporting such a noble cause.

Trey Busch and Mark McNeilly – The Underground Wine Project

*IMPORTANT: Please note that we CANNOT ship to the following states due to alcohol shipping laws.

CT, DE, KY, MD, MS, NH, OK, RI, SD, UT (write your congressmen if you want to see these laws changed!). No International shipping. US Only.

Also, you must be 21 years old or older to purchase this item. Adult Signature will be required by shipping company.

Shipping of this box set will be based on weather and will not begin until mid-September. If you have any questions about your shipment, please email [email protected] and cc [email protected]

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,648
    So who will drink these?
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,298
    pdalowsky said:
    So who will drink these?
    I think I may!!
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    pdalowsky said:
    So who will drink these?
    I 100% would have - but I missed out!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    Thanks for pasting that demetrios 
    pdalowsky said:
    So who will drink these?
    I will buy the regular bottles to drink.  These will stay on the shelf.
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    I'll drink Missoula, I bet that one is gross.  I'll probably save the other 3 for a while.  Maybe break out the Chicago Wine, for Wrigley 2020.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 888
    pdalowsky said:
    So who will drink these?
    I am, over a few years.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,733
    I'll drink Missoula, I bet that one is gross.  I'll probably save the other 3 for a while.  Maybe break out the Chicago Wine, for Wrigley 2020.
    ...not sure if that's a joke or not, but they're all the same wine; just different labels.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,516
    Yes, all 4 bottles are the same wine.  I visited Sleight of Hand over the weekend and tasted reds.  Bought a bottle of Syrah and enjoyed the PJ posters. 

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

ISO for a friend!!!

• branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    The Seattle Home Shows bottle will cost $40 a pop.
    edited July 2018
    https://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/Pearl-Jam-Home-Away-Seattle-Washington-Wine-Unfiltered

Pearl Jam's Big Return to Seattle—with Washington Wine

We talked to the winemakers behind the band's labels, made in honor of their homecoming concert. 

Photo by: Kevin Mazur/WireImage/Getty Images
    Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder maintains an even flow of wine throughout his concerts.

Well before it was considered rock 'n' roll to own a wine collection, Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder proudly popped and partook of Pinot right there on stage during concerts. And in the years since the band's breakout 1991 album Ten, the Seattle area has become as famous for its winemaking scene as its grunge scene. No surprise then that the band has tuned up a new charity label with winemakers in Woodinville, Wash.'s eno-punk Warehouse District to celebrate next month's Home x Away concerts and raise money for the Vitalogy Foundation, Pearl Jam's Seattle homelessness awareness and relief charity.

The Home x Away limited-edition box set of reds is a release from the Underground Wine Project, a collaboration between Washington winemakers Mark McNeilly of Mark Ryan Winery and Trey Busch of Sleight of Hand Cellars; each bottle of the Idle Hands Syrah/Cabernet cuvée sports a label design by Pearl Jam depicting a retro-futuristic skyline silhouette of one of the four cities along the Home x Away tour kicking off next month, including Seattle, where the Aug. 8 and 10 "Home Shows" mark the band's homecoming after five years since last playing Jet City—and, reportedly, the biggest concert series the city has seen in more than three decades.

“We have been longtime fans," McNeilly told Unfiltered of the project. "Trey and I have met [Pearl Jam] band members over the years at different things, and we have worked with them a little bit with some of their charities, but it’s just fun to be pulled in a little bit closer for a great cause. I think that if we can work with Pearl Jam and find some new arenas to talk about philanthropy and talk about people’s responsibilities toward charity, you can kind of open people’s eyes and let them know everybody has a responsibility to help everybody else."

All the proceeds of the 450 cases sold went to the Vitalogy Foundation. That's right, the new wine, alas, has already sold out—within 15 minutes of the band announcing the project via its email newsletter. But for the homers in the Seattle area, 10 of chef Ethan Stowell's restaurants that snapped up some of the wine will be selling it by the glass, with further proceeds going to charity, starting Aug. 1, in the lead-up to the Seattle gigs. Pearl Jam's partnership with the Underground Wine Project is one of many surrounding the Home Shows with a goal of raising $960,000, with each donation made to the Vitalogy Foundation to be matched by the band.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    Cant wait

https://www.foodandwine.com/pearl-jam-wine

Pearl Jam’s Wine Sold Out Before Most People Even Heard About It

Mark Ryan Winery/Sleight of Hand Cellars

Here's your next chance to grab a bottle. 

Mike Pomranz
    July 30, 2018

For wine-loving Pearl Jam fans, this scenario sounds perfect: a chance to purchase a box of four officially-sanctioned Pearl Jam wines produced by a couple of top-notch, Pearl Jam-obsessed Washington winemakers with all of the profits going to the band’s charity, the Vitalogy Foundation. Just one problem: Only the most hardcore of fans got the chance to score this vino. It reportedly sold out within 12 minutes of being announced via Pearl Jam’s email newsletter.

The specially designed box set “Home X Away” was created, with Pearl Jam’s blessing, by the Underground Wine Project – which itself is a collaboration between Mark McNeilly of Mark Ryan Winery and Trey Busch of Sleight of Hand Cellars. Finding two more suitable winemakers for this project would be nearly impossible: McNeilly has named a number of his wines after Pearl Jam songs (The Dissident, for instance), while Busch named his entire winery after a lesser known Pearl Jam song (Binaural’s 11th track). Each of the 450 limited edition sets contained four bottles of the Underground Wine Project’s already touted Idle Hands wine, with each bottle featuring a different label, designed by Pearl Jam’s art crew, showing an interpretation of the skylines of the four cities the band will be playing on its upcoming “Home X Away” tour. That tour, which is also already sold out, kicks off next month with a couple of “home” Seattle shows before heading to Missoula, Chicago, and Boston.

The boxes were sold for $150—which at a reasonable $37.50 per bottle explains why they went so quickly—meaning, in total, the promotion raised $67,500 for the Vitalogy Foundation, described as supporting “the efforts of non-profit organizations doing commendable work in the fields of community health, the environment, arts & education and social change.”

“Trey and I have met [Pearl Jam] band members over the years at different things, and we have worked with them a little bit with some of their charities, but it’s just fun to be pulled in a little bit closer for a great cause,” McNeilly told Wine Spectator. “I think that if we can work with Pearl Jam and find some new arenas to talk about philanthropy and talk about people’s responsibilities toward charity, you can kind of open people’s eyes and let them know everybody has a responsibility to help everybody else.”

But back to the wine itself—which the winemakers say “offers up layers of ripe cherries and black plums, some tobacco, toasty mocha notes, and graphite characters” and pairs well with the song “Corduroy”—if you want to give it a try, all is apparently not lost. According to the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin, an additional 50 cases of the 2015 Washington red blend—which is 90 percent Syrah and 10 percent Cabernet Sauvignon and was grown in the state’s highly-regarded Red Mountain region—have been stocked in Seattle’s Ethan Stowell Restaurants to be sold on August 8, when Pearl Jam's shows begin. Some large-format bottles and five extra boxes will also end up as part of a charity auction.

Of course, you can always seek out other wines from Mark Ryan and Sleight of Hand. During a 2016 tour of Washington, I found Sleight of Hand’s winery to be a definite standout, and its dark and edgy Psychedelic Syrah is one of my favorite wines in the state. Meanwhile, Mark Ryan Winery landed on our list of “Where to Drink in Seattle.”