Options

Stop with the anti-Trump crusade, it's boring!

Lost the crowd for about a half hour in Padova after EV's latest outburst although got it back to complete an outstanding show.

It needs to stop, it's boring & they need to show some respect to those who don't share their views.

Anyway, onwards to Rome we go.....

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    You know the political stance of this band and that they have always been vocal about it.  

It's not going to stop.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited June 2018
    Yeah I’d prefer a little less political talk   Instead of attacking why not try and find some common ground.  It might be um productive.  Rather than more walls. 

Look by by no means am I looking to get into a political debate.   I’ve loved this band and it’s members since I was 12 I’m 38 today. Weather I agree or disagree with thier personal. views it won’t affect how I view them.   I agree some respect for the other side should be shown. 
    Post edited by Stickman24 on
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    They lost the crowd for a half hour? I call bullshit.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,799
    I agree. It’s annoying. And I’m not coming from a conservative standpoint. I’m just coming from the view of I’m at a concert and splitting the room fir any amount of time isn’t a good idea. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    Lost the crowd for about a half hour in Padova after EV's latest outburst although got it back to complete an outstanding show.

It needs to stop, it's boring & they need to show some respect to those who don't share their views.

Anyway, onwards to Rome we go.....

No it doesn't, no, it isn't, and no, they don't.
    This is who they are and who they always have been and will be. They are free to speak their minds, just like the rest of us. And, like it or not, the majority of Americans are appalled by what is happening at the southern border and feel compelled to take a stand. You are entitled to your own opinions, but nobody is obligated to be quiet because they disagree with you or with our government's policies.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited June 2018
    I dont like politics in general.  I avoid talking about politics as much as i can. Its a waste of breath.  Everyone thinks that their side is the correct side and everyone does the same petty, immature stuff that they accuse the other side of doing.  It’s hilarious really. 

It’s their mic tho.  They can say whatever they want.  It’s definitely not a new thing at a PJ show. I don’t go to concerts anymore in general so it doesnt bother me one way or the other. :lol:
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    edited June 2018
    I dont like politics in general.  I avoid talking about politics as much as i can. Its a waste of breath.  Everyone thinks that their side is the correct side and everyone does the same stuff that they accuse the other side of doing.  It’s hilarious really. 

It’s their mic tho.  They can say whatever they want. I don’t go to concerts anymore so it doesnt bother me one way or the other. :lol:
    I understand how you feel about politics at the shows
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896

Regardless of what side you’re on, the fact is these speeches will likely not be met with 100% cheers at the US shows. I honestly think the reactions could make the Nassau Bushleaguer thing look tame.

And at the Nassau show, Eddie was not exactly pleased with getting booed, and they never played that venue ever again. So this could be very interesting.

"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    This is a subject brought up every single tour.

Every single tour, a thread about it is locked.  

Asking PJ to discontinue speaking about politics is like asking Trump to stop tweeting.  Neither one is ever going to happen.  Believe me, I would love it if we were DT tweet-free.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    This notion that Pearl Jam, who have always talked about politics, should now stop talking about politics in order to provide a safe space for those who don't want to hear it is laughable.

You know what you are getting. That hasn't changed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    Please DONT STOP!  Everyone needs to speak out against the ass clown Trump. PJ has never kept quiet about political stuff and probably never will. 
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    I dont like politics in general.  I avoid talking about politics as much as i can. Its a waste of breath.  Everyone thinks that their side is the correct side and everyone does the same petty, immature stuff that they accuse the other side of doing.  It’s hilarious really
    Agreed! 
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Asking PJ to discontinue speaking about politics is like asking Trump to stop tweeting.  Neither one is ever going to happen.  Believe me, I would love it if we were DT tweet-free.  
    But we can be asked, or told, not to post about it here. No irony there.
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,439
    Blackout weaves its way...

I remember when you sang
    That song about today
    Now it's tomorrow and
    Everything has changed
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    deadendp said:

They get locked because of how people post, not the fact that they post about political discussion. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    And I hope the band continues to speak out against the Trump administration. I’ll cheer loudly at the shows I’m attending. 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    deadendp said:

They get locked because of how people post, not the fact that they post about political discussion. 
    +1

Thank you, Often. :smile:
    And I hope the band continues to speak out against the Trump administration. I’ll cheer loudly at the shows I’m attending. 
    Absolutely! 
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    oftenreading said:
    Same
  • Options
    deadendp said:

They get locked because of how people post, not the fact that they post about political discussio
  • Options
    Yes cursing and name calling is reserved for Eddie
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    on2legs said:

I remember when you sang
    That song about today
    Now it's tomorrow and
    Everything has changed
    Not really 
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    I hope they do too. I think they are using their platform wisely. If I was going to any of the shows, I would be cheering loudly too.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,439
    on2legs said:

I remember when you sang
    That song about today
    Now it's tomorrow and
    Everything has changed
    Not really 
    Trump... another guy born on third who thinks he hit a triple. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2018
    I dont like politics in general.  I avoid talking about politics as much as i can. Its a waste of breath.  Everyone thinks that their side is the correct side and everyone does the same petty, immature stuff that they accuse the other side of doing.  It’s hilarious really. 

It’s their mic tho.  They can say whatever they want.  It’s definitely not a new thing at a PJ show. I don’t go to concerts anymore in general so it doesnt bother me one way or the other. :lol:
    Same as you, I can't stand talking politics but when I come across them, I thoroughly enjoy watching political debates on social media including on here, and especially on the Official PJ 10C members FB page. Most times I see people (from all sides) say shit there that makes me feel better about what type of person I am and how my brain is wired. 
    Post edited by crookedcross on
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I remember when you sang
    That song about today
    Now it's tomorrow and
    Everything has changed
    Not really 
    Not really 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I remember when you sang
    That song about today
    Now it's tomorrow and
    Everything has changed
    Not really 
    Not really 

Do you dispute that he was born to a wealthy family and benefited greatly from that?

Trump is the beneficiary of several trust funds set up by his father beginning in 1949; Trump’s paternal grandmother also set up a trust fund for him in 1949.[78] In 1976, Fred Trump set up trust funds of $1 million for each of his five children and three grandchildren; Donald Trump received annual payments from his trust fund, for example $90,000 in 1980 and $214,605 in 1981.[78] By 1993, when Trump took two loans totaling $30 million from his siblings, their anticipated shares of Fred's fortune was $35 million each.[79][78] Upon Fred Trump’s death in 1999, his will divided $20 million after taxes among his surviving children.[78][80][81]

Trump said that he began his career with "a small loan of one million dollars" from his father, but did not acknowledge his father's role in backing a $70 million loan during the construction of the Grand Hyatt hotel at the same time.[78][82] He appeared on the initial Forbes 400 list of richest Americans in 1982 with an estimated $200 million fortune shared with his father.[83] An ex-Forbes reporter said in 2018 that Trump had inflated his actual wealth in order to be included on the list.

From wikipedia

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I remember when you sang
    That song about today
    Now it's tomorrow and
    Everything has changed
    Not really 
    Not really 

Do you dispute that he was born to a wealthy family and benefited greatly from that?

Trump is the beneficiary of several trust funds set up by his father beginning in 1949; Trump’s paternal grandmother also set up a trust fund for him in 1949.[78] In 1976, Fred Trump set up trust funds of $1 million for each of his five children and three grandchildren; Donald Trump received annual payments from his trust fund, for example $90,000 in 1980 and $214,605 in 1981.[78] By 1993, when Trump took two loans totaling $30 million from his siblings, their anticipated shares of Fred's fortune was $35 million each.[79][78] Upon Fred Trump’s death in 1999, his will divided $20 million after taxes among his surviving children.[78][80][81]

Trump said that he began his career with "a small loan of one million dollars" from his father, but did not acknowledge his father's role in backing a $70 million loan during the construction of the Grand Hyatt hotel at the same time.[78][82] He appeared on the initial Forbes 400 list of richest Americans in 1982 with an estimated $200 million fortune shared with his father.[83] An ex-Forbes reporter said in 2018 that Trump had inflated his actual wealth in order to be included on the list.

From wikipedia

Not really 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Moi aussi.
This discussion has been closed.