Options

GA newbie -- advice? tips?

curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,306
I can't even remember why I did it, but for the first time I entered the lottery and listed GA as my preference. I think we thought we would try something new.
So, we have GA tickets for Berlin, Krakow, and Prague. I see that the whole venue is GA for Berlin, so I'm guessing that means we will have the option of choosing to sit rather than stand in the pit if we are so inclined.

I could use the usual newbie advice about when to show up/ line up, etc. I'm not looking to get on the rail. I don't need a tambourine, I don't need Ed to sweat on me. I have zero interest in camping out in front of the venue. I'll be content in the back. Really. I'd rather have room to move around.

Given that, how early do we need to show up at the venues?
Thank you! :-)
All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    When the doors open.  Seriously.

At St. Paul 2014 we walked in 20 minutes after doors then had to walk around for a few minutes trying to find our way to GA. Even then we could have been as close as 10 "rows" deep if we wanted. But we chose to hang in the back for more room and a better view.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    I know just the thread!!!
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    adult diapers?
  • Options
    adult diapers?

LOL. We don't drink at shows, but thanks for the visual.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    When the doors open.  Seriously.

At St. Paul 2014 we walked in 20 minutes after doors then had to walk around for a few minutes trying to find our way to GA. Even then we could have been as close as 10 "rows" deep if we wanted. But we chose to hang in the back for more room and a better view.

Thanks!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    Yeah for sure, just show up maybe 5 minutes before doors open and you'll probably have a really decent spot fairly close to the stage. But if you actually just want to hang out at the back, heck, I'd just go in about 15 minutes before the show starts. Half an hour if you want to grab a beer before heading to the floor.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    I can't even remember why I did it, but for the first time I entered the lottery and listed GA as my preference. I think we thought we would try something new.
    So, we have GA tickets for Berlin, Krakow, and Prague. I see that the whole venue is GA for Berlin, so I'm guessing that means we will have the option of choosing to sit rather than stand in the pit if we are so inclined.

I could use the usual newbie advice about when to show up/ line up, etc. I'm not looking to get on the rail. I don't need a tambourine, I don't need Ed to sweat on me. I have zero interest in camping out in front of the venue. I'll be content in the back. Really. I'd rather have room to move around.

What, no Ed sweat?!  :o
  • Options

What, no Ed sweat?!  :o

I mean, if it happens, it happens. :-D
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,070
    There is only one rule of G.A   don't  be an asshole. The rest will take care of it's  self. Enjoy  the time of your life 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    There is only one rule of G.A   don't  be an asshole. The rest will take care of it's  self. Enjoy  the time of your life 
    I'd say that's a good rule for life in general. The band agrees, don't they? :-)

• Options

What if I'm not into goats or sheep? (or being on the rail?)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102

What if I'm not into goats or sheep? (or being on the rail?)
    This may not be for you then, lol.
  • Options
    You can learn to love the goat. It takes time and patience. 
    And yeah. Eds rule.
    It is perfect for life but in G.A very important.
    I still meet complete  idiots but rare as we all age together. Most are kind and care for each other. I whitenessed and promoted some very lovely behaviour  in amsterdam night 2. And saw a couple of people that made my heart sink with selfish heartless acts. But in the main
     Be kind . Treat as you would wish to be treated same as life! Love Rob. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    P.s you wait as long as you are prepared in line for a great  spot and experience .  But  most times after around half way I often let a smaller person in front of me to have a closer look or better view . On Wednesday  a small lady at her first show could not see from behind 2 guys over 2m in height . I let her in front of me in row2 she touched eds hair. Got a mike pick  which was apparently  a wonderful moment for her. She was grateful and after a couple songs went back  where she was. Nice feelings all round.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07