Options

World Cup 2018 Russia

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    I worry about Messi's mental state. That pressure would send anyone off into a spiral of depression.
    I read that he locked himself in his room for hours after that Iceland game.
    He might have to come to the realization that even some of the greatest don’t win the biggest price unfortunately for Messi being one of the all time greats the biggest stage is the WC ! That’s why names like Pele Maradona , Beckenbauer , Klinsmann should always be remembered they won the trophy...
    Yep. 
    Did you see Neymar's tears after the win over Costa Rica?
    The television presenter here says it was relief at not having the same fate as Messi if Brazil failed to get out of the group stage.
    By the way are you South American? What's your country?
    I’m Chilean they didn’t even qualify ughh ...
    You guys make killer wines though. I came within one day of snowboarding at Portillo but they called the day before And said they had no snow so we canceled our trip. 
    Anyway, let’s go Belgium!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,450
    Sweden Germany today!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    mcgruff10 said:
    I worry about Messi's mental state. That pressure would send anyone off into a spiral of depression.
    He might have to come to the realization that even some of the greatest don’t win the biggest price unfortunately for Messi being one of the all time greats the biggest stage is the WC ! That’s why names like Pele Maradona , Beckenbauer , Klinsmann should always be remembered they won the trophy...
    Yep. 
    The television presenter here says it was relief at not having the same fate as Messi if Brazil failed to get out of the group stage.
    You guys make killer wines though. I came within one day of snowboarding at Portillo but they called the day before And said they had no snow so we canceled our trip. 
    Anyway, let’s go Belgium!! 
    No doubt we love our wine and skiing ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I'm off too buy some candy before the match. It's prices at 49 Swedish Krona per kilo this week. 

And maybe some crisps. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Fifteen minutes left. Are you not HYPED?
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    The goalkeeper for Mexico was handsome!! I like this game more than I thought.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Germany has all the pressure on them to get a tie or win ! With that said the German coach he looks like the son of Moe from the three stooges..
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    edited June 2018

-
    -
    -

Sweden is fucked
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Come on Sweden!!!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    Sweden's goal was LUCKY.

It's a little difficult to tell by the Gif, but it looked like the Sweden goalie didn't react well?

Not watching the game, but i hope Sweden can win.
  • Options
    I need some icecream.
  • Options
    What European team do  all Europeans hate?
    like everyone rags on the Yankees in baseball. 
  • Options
  • Options
    HAHA! 
  • Options
    That second goal was sick
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    =) 

...sorry Spiritual_Chaos! 
  • Options
  • Options
    Lets hope Sweden beats Mexico now.

MY bet is Mexico wins bY 2-0 though.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    Yeah that’s the issue I have with the sport it’s fans are totally insane it’s a fucking game get over assholes ..
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    He is lucky he lives in Sweden to only get 10000 death threats and only death threats.  Most other regions in the world would require him to hire John Wick for a bodyguard 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Fuck Russia  ;)
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Fuck Russia  ;)
    Yeah I’m hoping they loose with Baffoons master in the audience..
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yep. 
    Shocked that they did not qualify.
    Chilean people are cool, I've met a few.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Kroos's goal was something great. CLUTCH!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Yeah that’s the issue I have with the sport it’s fans are totally insane it’s a fucking game get over assholes ..
    Robbie Kruse, Australian player, is getting a lot of abuse, he's the whipping boy here. It's affecting his family too.

Did you see the Argentinian broadcast hosts? They held a one minute silence live in the studio after the loss to Croatia.
    These people are fucking ridiculous it's just a game.
    I still remember Colombia's Andres Escobar got murdered because he let an own goal in. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,355
    I saw a news article yesterday asking “What is the point of Robbie Kruse?” It’s shocking; whatever happened to getting behind the team?

I remember when Beckham was sent off against Argentina at France 98. Fans hung a dummy from a noose wearing his shirt, and one of the national newspapers even gave away dartboards with his face on them. Hard to believe now, as he’s one of England’s best ever players.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Yeah, everyone should focus on having fun! Actually people shouldn't take it so hard when loosing, everyone is united to celebrate soccer and have fun together!!! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Jason P said:
    He is lucky he lives in Sweden to only get 10000 death threats and only death threats.  Most other regions in the world would require him to hire John Wick for a bodyguard 
    John Wick? Naw...

• Options
    Yeah it’s absurd to ruin or kill someone on a sports team because of a loss people make mistakes if you want perfection have robots play the damn game I feel for the players family , American fans are rabid about their teams but I’d say they are tame compared to soccer fans !