Options

World Cup 2018 Russia

Comments

• Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    ))))) 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Wow.  Spain didn't deserve it...played like complete pussies the whole game.  What a crazy tournament.
    Soft. Passed around the front third the whole game never going forward 
    That was maddening to watch.  No urgency whatsoever.  In the knockout stage...I just don't get it.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,907
    Wow.  Spain didn't deserve it...played like complete pussies the whole game.  What a crazy tournament.
    Agreed.  I can't believe russia is in the final 8...yikes.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    CROJAM95 said:
    Would love to see Croatia keep moving on

i was in Croatia in ‘98 when they almost beat France being up 1-0 in the semifinal, before ultimately losing but beating Netherlands in 3rd place match

our 1st ever World Cup, place was lit.

couldnt make it this year, I’ve got bunch of family n friends going this week.... Fuckin Work :( 

loving their play so far

gonna be hot here on Long Island tomorrow, getting together with some people for a swim and some soccer on a Sunday

france & Uruguay both looked great today

the winner of this tourney truly earns it
    That’s awesome. Good luck dude. Enjoy
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,007
    I'm gonna curse England  but we will get to the final.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    That shoot out at the end was epic.    I've never seen so many  blocked kicks!!!

Congrats Croatia!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    This World Cup aside, that Spain group that we just saw the last of was one of the best national teams ever
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    edited July 2018
    Russia Croatia thats gonna be great. Many russians, and me too, love Croatia for that game when they beat England at Wembley and we qualified to the Euro
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Mmmmmbope!!!
    I thought I was watching Usain Bolt out there, how fast is he?!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I'd rather Croatia play Spain than Russia.
    Fact, Spain has not beaten a host nation at a Euro or World Cup since 1934. The curse continues.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
    we are lucky to move on, but I’ll take it

croatian goalie came up big

weird game, we didn’t play well

glad quarters on Saturday 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    we are lucky to move on, but I’ll take it

croatian goalie came up big

weird game, we didn’t play well

glad quarters on Saturday 

The first 5 mins of the game and the shootout were entertaining.  But the rest of the game was brutal.  Surprised Croatia performed like that after looking so good in the group stage.  They have a nice path to get to the final on this weak side of the bracket.  
  • Options
    Is anyone more dramatic than Neymar???  The constant flopping and flailing around on the ground is ridiculous.  
  • Options
    Beat it, El Tri
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Is anyone more dramatic than Neymar???  The constant flopping and flailing around on the ground is ridiculous.  
    So easy to root against him
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Normally I do except when they're playing Mexico. Glad Mexico was sent packing. 
    Croatia were amazing during the group stage. They looked a bit tired and disjointed on Saturday, but glad to see them advance. I hope they're back to group stage form against Russia. 
    This is a strange but fun World Cup tournament. Love seeing the big dogs kicked from the tourney early. Buh bye Germany, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, etc... And plenty of big names didn't even get to Russia. I hope we'll see a first-time champion this year. Shake it up!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Very easy.  It's a shame one of the best players in the world acts like a complete asshole out there.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,907
    I d like to see Japan win for some reason. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Japan on fire right now
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    Shit Japan..it was few seconds left..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Wow.  Just wow.  That reminded me of the last second Donovan goal vs Algeria in 2010.  Crazy.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Neymar Jr. What a dickhead. Rolling around on the ground faking being hurt. Should've got a red.
    I didn't initially see what led to him rolling around, I seriously thought he had suffered a serious knee injury.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    Going back to Croatia vs. Denmark and Rebic being tripped from behind leading to Modric missing the penalty.
    I think the rules should be changed so that if you have a clear goal in front of you and get tripped it should be a goal.
    It is unfair when what would've been an easy tap in goal by Rebic ended up being a saved penalty.
    Thoughts?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Going back to Croatia vs. Denmark and Rebic being tripped from behind leading to Modric missing the penalty.
    I think the rules should be changed so that if you have a clear goal in front of you and get tripped it should be a goal.
    It is unfair when what would've been an easy tap in goal by Rebic ended up being a saved penalty.
    Thoughts?
    I think a red is enough deterrent on an intentional take down on a goal scoring opportunity. Didn’t see this but sounds like there wasn’t a red?
  • Options
    I don't think there was. I only saw highlights. 
  • Options
    Thoughts?

That is the rule, but for some reason the ref only gave a yellow.  The guy had an open net and got taken down from behind.  But at that point in the game it was smart play by the defender...would rather take a chance with a penalty....
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
    edited July 2018
    Thoughts?
    I yelled at the TV scaring lil kids..... all he had to do is tap it in.. like happy Gilmore

just tap it in, just tap tap it in

and then the  missed pk... I thought it was over
    modric 2nd pk was a scared to death strike
    fortunate it worked out, damn thing almost didn’t make it to goal line straight as an arrow 

i think  the rule is fine where it stands...it created good drama at the end

if we lose because of that check back with me :)
  • Options
    Naprid Vatreni!
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    This has been one awesomely bizarre and fun FIFA World Cup guys!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    PJWGIII said:
    This has been one awesomely bizarre and fun FIFA World Cup guys!
    Word.  I love it.  Even with no usa, its been captivating.