Options

psst....5/31/2018

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,150
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    copenhagen is realy beautiful poster.andf HUGE!! .btw its getting ridiculus whats going on,,most of people justy buy the poster so they have something to flip or trade..in all social media pages and ebay and forum,u see the same thing..they buy and 2 min later post for trades..or sales ..people was at the show and miss em back then or just like the art dont have a chance..i lost count how many posts i saw in 5 min about trade the copenhagen and werchter poster or resell it..
    Seems to be some of the same folks every time
    its always the same people,,the same flippers,in the same pages in  facebook,in ebay ..,always the same..
    Are these people on the forums?
    yeah..but they do the sale and trades in facebook so dont get caught from santos
    I hope you don't get attacked like I did for speaking out about something.  
    ιm used to get attacked in pj community..and i dont give a fuck..ill say my opinion when i feel to do it and i dont care who likes it or not
    I still love you bud.  Tempo not so much. ;)
    HAHAHAHAH!  Banned!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,970
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    copenhagen is realy beautiful poster.andf HUGE!! .btw its getting ridiculus whats going on,,most of people justy buy the poster so they have something to flip or trade..in all social media pages and ebay and forum,u see the same thing..they buy and 2 min later post for trades..or sales ..people was at the show and miss em back then or just like the art dont have a chance..i lost count how many posts i saw in 5 min about trade the copenhagen and werchter poster or resell it..
    its always the same people,,the same flippers,in the same pages in  facebook,in ebay ..,always the same..
    yeah..but they do the sale and trades in facebook so dont get caught from santos
    ιm used to get attacked in pj community..and i dont give a fuck..ill say my opinion when i feel to do it and i dont care who likes it or not
    HAHAHAHAH!  Banned!!!
    Again?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    HAHAHAHAH!  Banned!!!
    Again?!
    Just a reminder.

• Options
    There is Nothing wrong with Trading Merch. Thats the best way fans can interact without making a profit. Its first come, first served one of a kind products. Its Supply and Demand. Get over it. 
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 541
    edited May 2018
    I have the Werchter and Copenhagen posters. Was really pissed off when Copenhagen went on sale the first time and I missed it but bought it from a fellow member who lives in Dublin and was at the show. It’s a really beautiful poster- colours are amazing- gloss on matt- the gloss really stands out. I love the Werchter too. When it went on sale initially, it was available for a long time. 
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,254
    There is Nothing wrong with Trading Merch. Thats the best way fans can interact without making a profit. Its first come, first served one of a kind products. Its Supply and Demand. Get over it. 
    Tell that to the guy standing behind you in the merch line when you buy the last two posters at a show. 
  • Options
    I wouldnt do that to somebody...but there are people that would. Im a PJ fan. AND I collect the art. I dont need 5 posters for each show. Just one, but That doesnt change what people will do to profit...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    I wouldnt do that to somebody...but there are people that would. Im a PJ fan. AND I collect the art. I dont need 5 posters for each show. Just one, but That doesnt change what people will do to profit...
    dude..wee arent stupid around here..we know how things goes..is the same people always..same people..they do it..i didnt land today at pj merch planet..and im part of all those pages and shit..plus i could care less about posters.i have the ones i need....i dont care who got em today or not..but is a shitty situation to just buy everything so u trade or profit
    u dont care or want the specific poster>?leave it for others..
    those fans make the poster thing business...nothing to do with art...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    Tell that to the guy standing behind you in the merch line when you buy the last two posters at a show. 
    Agreed. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,439
    Speaking of last two.. I went to see Guns n Roses at MSG and I was up on the top floor about to buy the last two Slash Gangs of New York themed posters in the building.  I was going to buy both to trade one for a Duff, but the guy behind me asked the cashier for one so I said, here have one of mine.  I felt real good about what I did until I saw the same guy and his dumb greasy-ass hair with at least a dozen posters rolled in one of those MSG bags.  He had his friend hold it for him while he fell in line to get more.  I began to approach him to accidentally bump into his bag but I bitched-out because he was right next to security and I did not want to get kicked-out over some posters.  That's when I said, never again. 

I also have a feeling that he is here and will read this.  I just want to say you, sir.. are a scumbag. 
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 541
    edited May 2018
    I love the Copenhagen poster - it’s a favourite of mine.  The Colours are amazing. Unfortunately when it went on sale for the first time, back in 2012, I was in hospital in a diabetic coma, so couldn’t, somewhat understandably be online at that time. 

i emailed TenClub making light of my predicament but they assured me no more copies of one of my favorite prints could be sold. 

I’m really happy those understanding people in Ten Club happened to find an extra stash of this lovely print and sell it to the masses six years later.

I only got a copy of it through someone I met on this forum who lives near me and went to the show- kindness of strangers! 

Thanks guys from a member of 17 years.
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    edited May 2018
    I love the Copenhagen poster but unfortunately when it went on sale for the first time, back in 2012, I was in hospital in a diabetic coma, so couldn’t, somewhat understandably be online at that time. 

i emailed TenClub making light of my predicament but they assured me no more copies of one of my favorite prints could be sold. 

I’m really happy those understanding people in Ten Club happened to find an extra stash of this lovely print and sell it to the masses six years later.

I only got a copy of it through someone I met on this forum who lives near me and went to the show- kindness of strangers! 

It sucks you missed out on the poster but the employees at the ten club are a pretty good bunch of people.  I imagine they get a lot of emails similar to yours.  And I imagine it would be tough to decide who is worthy and who is not so maybe they just have a blanket policy of not granting those type of requests. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    I love the Copenhagen poster but unfortunately when it went on sale for the first time, back in 2012, I was in hospital in a diabetic coma, so couldn’t, somewhat understandably be online at that time. 

It sucks you missed out on the poster but the employees at the ten club are a pretty good bunch of people.  I imagine they get a lot of emails similar to yours.  And I imagine it would be tough to decide who is worthy and who is not so maybe they just have a blanket policy of not granting those type of requests. 
    I guess, but don’t blankets suck sometimes?

• Options
    KL119975KL119975 Charleston, WV Posts: 125
    I just wish they would do a drop when I have a chance. I have the Spawn but it here in Lost Dogs back in 2013. I love Spawn and PJ it was my first poster purchase.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    KL119975 said:
    I just wish they would do a drop when I have a chance. I have the Spawn but it here in Lost Dogs back in 2013. I love Spawn and PJ it was my first poster purchase.

A 4am ET drop of some Euro posters, perhaps?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,382
    I love PJ and have been to almost 100 PJ/EV shows since 93. I have posters for all of the shows I was at. Then I also collect the ones I like, because I love the band and if I like the art, I buy it. Its fun to collect things.

I also see why Dimi gets mad. I was on the line at Global Citizens in NYC in 2015 for 6 hours. No posters left when I got to the front. I bought it for $200 on eBay. It happens.

For people who missed the poster at a show, many people on this board will help with requests, or you can trade. However, I think the 10Club would be well served to be more accommodating when it comes to these requests. I was hit by a car in NYC in 06 and had tickets to Amsterdam and wrote the 10Club to give away my tickets since I couldn't go. They took them, but I was not a good customer service experience and it really should have been.  A little heart goes a long way. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Which New Orleans poster was it?
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,966

• Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    PJNB said:

Nooooo!  I can't believe I missed it.  Oh well.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    Copenhagen is sold out.
    New Orleans is sold out.
    Werchter is sold out.
    No zippos.
    That's it for today.
    slh

• Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,965
    Just received an email saying that Copenhagen is on backorder, i.e. oversold. Haven't seen this sort of issue on 10c for a long time, if ever.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    Just received an email saying that Copenhagen is on backorder, i.e. oversold. Haven't seen this sort of issue on 10c for a long time, if ever.

Considering they "ran out" during the initial sale...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,928
    Picked up the Spawn the first time it was offered for my son's room.  Still up on the wall looking fantastic.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,439
    Just curious, did this ever get figured out?
  • Options
    Anything today?
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,364
    Anything today?
    Yes, a concert.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    Anything today?
    Yes, a concert.
    No posters on concert days?
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,408
    RP112579 said:
    Anything today?
    Yes, a concert.
    No posters on concert days?
    No one knows. If I had to guess, probably not
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I say lets have a nice little poster drop today for all of us who cant be in Europe right now.