Options

psst....5/31/2018

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
    copenhagen is realy beautiful poster.andf HUGE!! .btw its getting ridiculus whats going on,,most of people justy buy the poster so they have something to flip or trade..in all social media pages and ebay and forum,u see the same thing..they buy and 2 min later post for trades..or sales ..people was at the show and miss em back then or just like the art dont have a chance..i lost count how many posts i saw in 5 min about trade the copenhagen and werchter poster or resell it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 769
    copenhagen is realy beautiful poster.andf HUGE!! .btw its getting ridiculus whats going on,,most of people justy buy the poster so they have something to flip or trade..in all social media pages and ebay and forum,u see the same thing..they buy and 2 min later post for trades..or sales ..people was at the show and miss em back then or just like the art dont have a chance..i lost count how many posts i saw in 5 min about trade the copenhagen and werchter poster or resell it..
    Seems to be some of the same folks every time
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    Trades are fine, in my book. If two people have the other person's poster, it works out.

IMO, we should all have issues with the guys who buy 20 stickers and ten posters to fund their tours or the ones who stand in line without even being fans.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Trades are fine, in my book. If two people have the other person's poster, it works out.

IMO, we should all have issues with the guys who buy 20 stickers and ten posters to fund their tours or the ones who stand in line without even being fans.
    when u buy a poster only  to do a trade is not ok..cos u take the chance of the person want the poster and dont have anything to trade for it
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,438

Requiring stubs at the outside merch stands is just fair IMO. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,175
    Jed said:
    Thanks Santos!

By the way, shipping on the Copenhagen was 8.99 but on the werchter is was only 6.99. Was that on purpose because of the sizes?
    30" tube. Big poster.
    Anyone score one outside of the USA? What was your shipping rate? :p
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,407

when u buy a poster only  to do a trade is not ok..cos u take the chance of the person want the poster and dont have anything to trade for it
    No one is entitled to a poster when they hold them back and offer it to the public after the fact. 

Limit the posters to one per person at the show. But after that, it’s just a game.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

was that the Copenhagen Spawn print?
    Not a zippo...

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

Myself, I am ok with people who buy to trade. These people might have missed out on a poster they really wanted and need some trade bait to get it. Its a vicious game.

Flipping to sell on the other hand just bugs me.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,136
    PJ_Soul said:

was that the Copenhagen Spawn print?
    Not a zippo...

lol!

You rock!!!
  • Options

Why now you don't bitching?
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774

Requiring stubs at the outside merch stands is just fair IMO. 

I can think of a way around that without even trying..the best way would be the employees stamping the tickets, but with mobile tickets, such would be impossible.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

No one is entitled to a poster when they hold them back and offer it to the public after the fact. 

Limit the posters to one per person at the show. But after that, it’s just a game.
    and i don t like and disagree with this game and this is  my opinion..it sucks and its not ok in my book
  • Options
    LukinAtU said:
    its always the same people,,the same flippers,in the same pages in  facebook,in ebay ..,always the same..
  • Options

I have a great deal of respect for Dimi and am sorry that he feels this way but I must disagree. I never buy to flip. But I do buy, rarely, to trade. But only to get a poster I had & lost, for one reason or another, or could not get.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,189
    Anyone who picked up the elephant poster who has no interest in having it - maybe you picked it up for trade bait, etc,? PM me please, I've been on the hunt for this for my daughter's bedroom for a bit.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Anyone who picked up the elephant poster who has no interest in having it - maybe you picked it up for trade bait, etc,? PM me please, I've been on the hunt for this for my daughter's bedroom for a bit.

that's really cool. wish I had one for trade.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,189
    lolobugg said:

Kid loves music, and elephants. Nice combo eh?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    lolobugg said:

Kid loves music, and elephants. Nice combo eh?

sounds like my wife

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,965
    LukinAtU said:
    its always the same people,,the same flippers,in the same pages in  facebook,in ebay ..,always the same..
    Are these people on the forums?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    yeah..but they do the sale and trades in facebook so dont get caught from santos
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,928
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    yeah..but they do the sale and trades in facebook so dont get caught from santos
    Santos sees all :grin:
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,175
    Hope you find one. Gary had them up for a while for $100. Last year he put up some extras for $300. AP editions. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    I hope you don't get attacked like I did for speaking out about something.  
  • Options
    I'm taking this for a test run.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I'm taking this for a test run.

Love it!  :rofl: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    ιm used to get attacked in pj community..and i dont give a fuck..ill say my opinion when i feel to do it and i dont care who likes it or not
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    ιm used to get attacked in pj community..and i dont give a fuck..ill say my opinion when i feel to do it and i dont care who likes it or not
    Good for you.  It got me thrown out of some groups, lol.  Oh well.

I now participate in the ones that I want and don't join every single PJ group out there.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,965
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    I still love you bud.  Tempo not so much. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    Wait, what?  What kind of deranged lunatic finds it in themselves to stoop so low as to attack you?  You're like a PJ god!