GA question

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
hello all! 

My fiance and i will will be in Seattle for the show in August. She isn’t trying to wait in line all day. How far back do you think we’d be if we show up around 4 or 5 pm? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,680
    Olympia
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    As long as you aren't looking for a late day rail miracle, in the middle or on Mike's side, you'll be back a lil ways, but you'll be there!  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,400
    i'd say no more than half way back.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    im in ga and going in 19.2mins before show time so you will be way ahead of me  :)
    have fun!!
  • im in ga and going in 19.2mins before show time so you will be way ahead of me  :)
    have fun!!
    I'll see you there ... maybe I'll sneak in a minute or two before you.  It'll be my first time in GA, but I figure the back of GA will be better than any seat.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    My first time in GA in St Paul 2014, we walked in about 15-20 minutes after doors opened. Could’ve easily been 8-10 deep near the middle and even closer on Stones side. However we chose to hang back so we could have room to move and see better. 

Granted Safeco will be bigger than Xcel Energy but honestly if you’re looking to line up around 4-5pm I just wouldn’t stress about lining up at all.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    At Wrigley we lined up around 4pm, and ended up about 12 to 15 people deep, near centre.  It was decent.  Not quite as easy as getting good spots at arena shows (as the stadium pits are the equivalent of a whole arena floor being ga).
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    We'e planning a 4am start for Safeco, apart from being beyond shattered, I hope it will be worth it?
    We'e planning a 4am start for Safeco, apart from being beyond shattered, I hope it will be worth it?
    You are going to a Pearl Jam show. I promise that it will be worth it.  :smile:
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,515
    Its standard now to queue the night before in Europe for sure if you want rail or next row
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,651
    I still laugh when in late March people are worried about where they are gonna be standing......look at seating chart. EVERY GA IS CLOSER THAN SEATS!
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    I started having so much more fun at shows when I stopped stressing out about how close I could be towards the front. This whole being on the rail thing is way overrated in my opinion. Enjoy the day and stroll in after the gates open. Anywhere in GA will be great. I prefer being in the back so I can move around.
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Its standard now to queue the night before in Europe for sure if you want rail or next row
    Damn. Where would a 6am queue get me? I can't deal with sleeping on the streets
    Should be ok lou . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    AceCool said:
    I started having so much more fun at shows when I stopped stressing out about how close I could be towards the front. This whole being on the rail thing is way overrated in my opinion. Enjoy the day and stroll in after the gates open. Anywhere in GA will be great. I prefer being in the back so I can move around.
    You must be tall.  :wink:
    Damn. Where would a 6am queue get me? I can't deal with sleeping on the streets
    I agree with LEL, you'll be fine.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    edited April 2018
    AceCool said:
    I agree. I actually find the rail rather uncomfortable. Sure, it's nice to lean on to take a little weight off your feet, but I don't find that worth the neck pain it causes me to look up at that tight angle for an entire long show. Plus the rail really restricts your ability to move. Also, I'm sorry, but there are too many psycho fans within 2 deep of the rail. Some are super great, don't get me wrong, but some others are just mental cases, and can get really fucking weird and annoying about "their zone". IMO, the ideal place to be with the best sight line, the ideal spot for connecting with the band, and the most fun crowd is 3 to 7 deep. That's the GA sweet spot, lol. You usually don't have to wait for very long to be in that zone. I've never turned up earlier than about 45 minutes before doors open.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    PJ_Soul said:
    AceCool said:
    I agree. I actually find the rail rather uncomfortable. Sure, it's nice to lean on to take a little weight off your feet, but I don't find that worth the neck pain it causes me to look up at that tight angle for an entire long show. Plus the rail really restricts your ability to move. Also, I'm sorry, but there are too many psycho fans within 2 deep of the rail. Some are super great, don't get me wrong, but some others are just mental cases, and can get really fucking weird and annoying about "their zone". IMO, the ideal place to be with the best sight line, the ideal spot for connecting with the band, and the most fun crowd is 3 to 7 deep. That's the GA sweet spot, lol. You usually don't have to wait for very long to be in that zone. I've never turned up earlier than about 45 minutes before doors open.
    Definitely agree.  I showed up for doors at Vancouver 13, and was dead centre about 5 or 6 people deep.  It was awesome.

I will say GA for Stadium shows is a whole different beast than for arena shows.  There's that many more people trying to get closer so you have to show up earlier :(   A few hours early is good for me. I don't need to be on the rail or anything :)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    edited April 2018
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    AceCool said:
    Definitely agree.  I showed up for doors at Vancouver 13, and was dead centre about 5 or 6 people deep.  It was awesome.

I will say GA for Stadium shows is a whole different beast than for arena shows.  There's that many more people trying to get closer so you have to show up earlier :(   A few hours early is good for me. I don't need to be on the rail or anything :)
    You were directly behind me at that show, 2 or 3 people between us. :)
    You're right, I forget about the difference with stadium shows and a monster pit. Yeah, 2 or 3 hours early sounds about right to be in the best place for those.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,400
    PJ_Soul said:
    AceCool said:
    100% agree on all points. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    It is true the sweet spot 3-7is where ive resided up until the last tour then i tried the rail and loved my experience. So either way G.A is cool. As for assholes at sound garden i was praised bysecurity for dealing with that one annoying guy everyone had enough so i casually dealt with him. Show was calm after
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07