Options

CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    tbergs said:
    Soooo, if this is the 2017 single, that means we're getting a 45 of this and something else, right? 
    Yes. Taht seems reasonable. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Does not open. Please share here. I can't fuvkin listen and need to
    Mine won't open either. :(
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    tbergs said:
    Soooo, if this is the 2017 single, that means we're getting a 45 of this and something else, right? 
    I assume. It said “early download.” So I assume there will be the full 2017 single “soon”
  • Options
    PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 413
    Disappointing that this the first new single from them in 5 years and it’s about Donald.  Would be nice to hear something directed at the losses they’ve had in Cornell and petty and being pissed off and mad about that not telling us that Donald can’t dent them
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I love raw angry Eddie!
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    PJ5a1 said:
    Disappointing that this the first new single from them in 5 years and it’s about Donald.  Would be nice to hear something directed at the losses they’ve had in Cornell and petty and being pissed off and mad about that not telling us that Donald can’t dent them
    Relax, it’s the holiday sIngle, not the lead single off a new album. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,715
    Shocked everyone loves it so much. I really thought I’d come here and be a lot of negative opinions. I’m kind of indifferent. It’s exciting if it leads to a new album, but not a big fan of it as a song. 
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,674
    good pissed off lyrics, old school PJ. Like I said, nice B side.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,686
    edited March 2018
    Glad some of you are so thrilled by this song (I know that feeling and it's great).  But for me, this one doesn't do it. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    PJ5a1 said:

"I would really like to listen to something about the loss of your friend. COULD YOU PLEASE WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT THAT -- FOR MEEEEEEEE?"

That's kind of weird to even think about wanting. (to me)

And it's their fanclub single.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I think it sounds like they're having fun in the studio. I like the playfulness and the punk.
    Is it BoB producing?
  • Options
    Veggiemama28Veggiemama28 Posts: 2
    edited March 2018

Post edited by Veggiemama28 on
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    edited March 2018
    Sounds like some Soundgarden.  :hang_loose:
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Fuck Trump
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I love this song
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Look for Pearl Jam's new album, Tiny Handed Orange Goblin, coming soon!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Glad some of you are so thrilled by this song (I know that feeling and it's great).  But for me, this one doesn't do it. 

Same. I think that Eddie could sing the alphabet and I would be first in line to buy it and proclaim it the best ever, but his voice sounded strained and the song felt clunky. This pains me so much to say. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

• Options
    my2hands said:
    I love this song
    my2hands said:
    Fuck Trump
    Pearl Jam:

• Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    Not digging it. Ed can't hit those notes, the word "critical" is jammed in there, does Mike even play on this?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited March 2018
    RS151862 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    Annual single if ya noticed. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    RS151862 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    Annual single is ya noticed. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    The B-side of this will be Can't Deny Me played backwards where you will clearly hear a voice say, "I buried Mike..."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
    EDIT...IT JUST SHOWED UP IN MY DOWNLOADS. CHECK YOURS NOW IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE IT BEFORE

Hey @Kat or @Sea
    Why are some of us not seeing this in our downloads? Can someone help a fella hear this?
    For anyone else who is still having problems

Please log out & log back in. Should be there under Downloads

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    ehbacon said:
    Liking it. Musically,  reminds me a lot of No Code and Binaural, lyrically Riot Act. Good combo if you ask me.
    This song reminds me nothing of no code or binaural. Are you listening to the right song?
    Smile, Habit, Mankind, Evacuation, Rival all had very similar feels to this song.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited March 2018
    Listened to it a few times and I really like it. Don’t think it has legs to be an all time favorite but it’s nice to get some new tunes and shows they’ve been in the studio working. Hopefully it’s a sign that a new album is coming. 

And anyone who thought the next songs/album weren’t going to be politically charged need to pay more attention. 
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    PJ5a1 said:
    Come down off the roof please
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    pamh35pamh35 Posts: 3
    Finally got it!!
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    Have they ever posted an annual single on social media before? With a video too?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 273

At first listen, I think it's ok. Listening to Binaural, Riot Act and Avocado through and through after the vinyl reissues, damn does this band really thrive when it gets writing credits from everyone. Let's hope new album goes back to that.

Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    Who is being denied what?
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young