Options

2024 NASCAR Season!!! Starts on pg 13.

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    I believe  they paved over and it is not going to be on dirt, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. Having been in that stadium so many times it is a trip
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I believe  they paved over and it is not going to be on dirt, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. Having been in that stadium so many times it is a trip
    It's paved...  I could have sworn that I read last year it would be dirt.  That is kind of disappointing...

They put a lot of work into the track.  Article below.
    https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-01-31/nascar-track-la-coliseum-busch-light-clash-race

I hope this goes over well.  I really wanted dirt though as I hate small paved tracks.  Bristol became interesting when they added dirt.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    I was hoping to go to the Nascar race in Fontana this month, but they have NO vax/negative test requirement whatsoever!

No judgement....just not comfortable being with 50,000 people of varying degrees of covid status.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,500
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I was hoping to go to the Nascar race in Fontana this month, but they have NO vax/negative test requirement whatsoever!

No judgement....just not comfortable being with 50,000 people of varying degrees of covid status.
    a real shocker that nascar is anti-science.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

You're outside.  Didn't Faucci say that being outdoors is ok?

Please keep politics out of NASCAR...
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,970
    Got my tickets for Atlanta (spring & summer), Dega (spring), and Nashville (summer). 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wobbie said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Pretty sure that your SF Giants did not require proof of vaccination or a negative test. I know for a fact that my Red Sox didn’t.

Is MLB anti-science, too?

Or do you just like to insult sports/sports fans that you feel are beneath you?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Wobbie said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Pretty sure that your SF Giants did not require proof of vaccination or a negative test. I know for a fact that my Red Sox didn’t.

I would like to add that NASCAR is all science and tech.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The only nascar races worth watching are the road courses…going around in circles at high speed is not all that exciting…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The only nascar races worth watching are the road courses…going around in circles at high speed is not all that exciting…
    I disagree.  I love restrictor plate races.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Wobbie said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I would like to add that NASCAR is all science and tech.
    It also helps to have a driver who is willing to drive “balls to the wall
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jesus….this is boring.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    Wobbie said:
    Jesus….this is boring.
    Wait until the last 10.  Bet it is a shitshow.

So trippy to see in the Coli.
    I love that Nascar is so daring re:different  things.
  • Options
    I drive faster than that, every day of my life. :yawn:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Pretty cool exhibition!
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Jesus….this is boring.
    NASCAR is just going around in circles…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Jesus….this is boring.
    NASCAR is just going around in circles…
    That isn't what made it boring.  Too small of a track.
  • Options
    Nascar has a 2 year option of running this race again in LA.  I hope they move it back to Daytona. 

• Options
    Great race yesterday at Atlanta.  I've been going to AMS since 93' and yesterday was one of the best Atlanta races in a long time.  Track records for lead changes (46) and different leaders (20). Great racing all day long. 

• Options
    Leave a PJ sticker on the bench?
  • Options
    Leave a PJ sticker on the bench?
    You know me too well!!
    Image preview

• Options
    Here's a few other pictures from yesterday....had on track access before the race as well.  Walked around the entire track...
    Image preview
    Image preview
    Image preview
    Image preview
    Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    JojoRice said:
    Here's a few other pictures from yesterday....had on track access before the race as well.  Walked around the entire track...
    Image preview
    Image preview
    Image preview
    Image preview
    Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Resend those pics!
  • Options
    So I have been slacking.

Bubba got 2nd two years in a row at Daytona.
    3 different Hendricks guys won with these "New car" designs.  Only 1 lug for the wheels like silver crown and Formulas.  Nice spoiler on the back to help w the downforce.

Tires have been an issue these past few weeks.  Way too many tires down this past weekend too.  NASCAR and Goodyear needs to fix that.

So this weekend my boy Byron led the most laps and took the checkered.  Good for him and Hendricks.
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Can't wait for Michigan this year, last race was 2019 due to covid. Been 10 years since the re-pave, and from what I've heard they are going to be bringing the Atlanta package to Michigan this year. Going to be epic, just hoping we can make it until August.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    I'm late writing this but if you missed this weekends race hold off and watch the last 5 laps of the Truck race then the last 5 of the Cup series.

Deja Vu.

Truck
    https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/truck-series-highlights/busch-bowman-friesen-three-wide-battle-makes-way-for-eventual-winner-smith/
    Cup
    https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/backseat-drivers/backseat-drivers-was-chastains-final-lap-contact-fair-or-foul/

Hairpin turn came into pay the last laps.  enjoy.

Other highlights.  Bubba lost a lugnut, there is only 1 now, and lost a tire.  Expect a huge penalty coming his teams way.  I expect way more out of that team and he isn't getting it.

Another week another first time winner.  Water melon man Chastain wins his first.  Good for him.
  • Options
    NASCSR is some stupid shit, I watched parts of all 3 races today…

indycar .#1
    F1 #2
    NASCAR #stupid

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    NASCSR is some stupid shit, I watched parts of all 3 races today…

indycar .#1
    F1 #2
    NASCAR #stupid
    I don't understand why you wouldn't like NASCAR considering the #1 spot was at a famous track that NASCAR races at...
  • Options
    Watched the first two stages with my son, on dvr.  He watched some more of it, later, by himself.
    I thought the fact that they kept spinning out was funny.
    It is very different than Indy and F1.  For sure.  I think I would like F1 best of all but I never watch it.
    I'd miss the "rubbing" aspect of Nascar, though.  The pushing and bumping at the end of races is exciting and the other cars are all no-contact.
  • Options
    Great race with the last 20 or so laps then a stupid caution comes out.  I didn't think Logano had enough to take Busch but he did and it was some mighty fine racing.